Stoke Details Confirmed - Saturday 6th January (3 Viewers)

coop

Some recent away games from their website:
Adult - £42 Over 65 - £28 Under 17 - £23 Under 11 - £20
Adult – £30 Over 65 – £23.50 Under 20 – £23.50
Adult – £30 Over 60 – £20 Under 18 – £15
Adult – £30 Over 65 – £19 Under 18 – £17
Adult – £30 Over 65 – £20 Under 22 – £20 Under 18 – £15
Thanks for putting that up didn't realise it was so expensive.

Adge

What a surprise. Those who don’t go anyway are not going now because they don’t get tickets for pennies. The only people who deserve cheap tickets for this club are those that spend hundreds a year to keep it going.
Not people then who spent thousands over the years until this year?

Steve.B50

What a surprise. Those who don’t go anyway are not going now because they don’t get tickets for pennies. The only people who deserve cheap tickets for this club are those that spend hundreds a year to keep it going.

Don't agree.
Those who pay full price on the day deserve some credit as they spend more than a ST holder does.
Surely all a ST holder does is buys on the cheap.

stupot07

Don't agree.
Those who pay full price on the day deserve some credit as they spend more than a ST holder does.
Surely that all depends how many times said person attends.

Or also ignoring that ST income is guaranteed and also locks in the supported to attending week in week out. The guy that turns up and pays full price now and then arent guaranteed to attend all season, and probably stops going in the post Christmas slump.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Adge

It's £22 now, if it was £20 then people would want £15 before they went.

People say they won't pay £22 to go and watch FGR and League 2 Football, now they won't pay £22 to go and watch us play a Premier League team.

So by that statement you think that £22 for the visit of Premier League Stoke is reasonable? Yes it is and I agree with you. And on that basis then £22(£25 gate price)for Forest Green Rovers is too expensive for a league game in the bottom tier which is what we have been debating for most of the season.

NortonSkyBlue

Surely we can all agree that any price against FGR and the like is going to be poor value and surely we can agree that football in England is over priced?
A one off game against a club 3 divisions higher, relatively local and with known players in their side should hold some interest for Coventry City fans at a similar price to division four prices?
Anybody who is price conscious to such an extent is not really going to go whatever the cost and probably the club has lost their custom for life(caveat: Wembley or the emirates exceptions obviously)

skyblueelephant76

Some recent away games from their website:
Adult - £42 Over 65 - £28 Under 17 - £23 Under 11 - £20
Adult – £30 Over 65 – £23.50 Under 20 – £23.50
Adult – £30 Over 60 – £20 Under 18 – £15
Adult – £30 Over 65 – £19 Under 18 – £17
Adult – £30 Over 65 – £20 Under 22 – £20 Under 18 – £15
When I went to the game at Rushall the other night they usually charge £10 for their standard of football and facilities. I don't see anything wrong with the pricing.

letsallsingtogether

Don't agree.
Well I don't have a st and have missed only 2 games.

Nick

Administrator
So by that statement you think that £22 for the visit of Premier League Stoke is reasonable? Yes it is and I agree with you. And on that basis then £22(£25 gate price)for Forest Green Rovers is too expensive for a league game in the bottom tier which is what we have been debating for most of the season.

Compared to League 2 it still isn't massively expensive, Nuneaton Town is £16 a game if you want to sit down.

I think the issue is with football in this country in general rather than exclusive to us which should be dealt with but it needs to be sorted from top to bottom.

If people are so bothered about the price, they would get a match package or buy in advance to save money if it really was such a deciding factor for them.

The Stoke game is a month away, plenty of time to order in advance and save a couple of quid if it is such a massive factor for people. I doubt it is that much of a factor, it's just the done thing to be outraged.

Liquid Gold

Don't agree.
Providing the club a garabteed source of income that they can budget and signs players on. Yes someone paying walk up price 23 games a season gives more cash but it’s harder to budget for and I doubt any of those people exist.

Londonccfcfan

I must admit I was always going to go Stoke game, was shocked and a tad dissapointed about the price.

A week or two ago I Bought Morecambe and Port Vale tickets, did pay on the gate for Boreham Wood.
Just Yesterday I bought Carlisle away. And now these Stoke tickets are available to me from tommorow.

I am not short of a few bob, but even I am struggling to be able to justify to the Mrs my credit card bill for all these tickets. So I doubt I will buy tommorow.

Part of the problem is that SISU don't see is that there's a lot of games crammed into short space of time..from 22nd Dec to Jan 6th we have 5 games in two weeks very busy festive period. They have surely missed a huge trick for not doing any sort of deal for the fans.

Very bad marketing.

Londonccfcfan

This game could be the difference between selling and keeping a player or getting a replacement winger in. Can't believe people are turning their noses up at 22 quid to watch us have the chance to knock out a PL team when it could be years til we play one again.

All im saying is that, it all adds up. Club hasn't had one offer yet for fans.

Sky Blue Harry H

Imagine them both having a race, giraffes on ice

Like an 'It's a knockout' special !
9339359_09ce_1024x2000.jpg

itsabuzzard

Surely that all depends how many times said person attends.

Or also ignoring that ST income is guaranteed and also locks in the supported to attending week in week out. The guy that turns up and pays full price now and then arent guaranteed to attend all season, and probably stops going in the post season slump.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
If we can restrict the slump to post season, then we'll do OK.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator

Few things things.

1. Ticket income is a bit different between CCFC and Liverpool isn't it? It will be a drop in the ocean to them but our main income. Their game is also on TV.
2. Reading the article, it is 500 £9 tickets for people in the local area. The others range from £31 to £50 for an adult.
3. It is £5 for kids at the Stoke game for us as well.

Ashdown

I think the pay on the gate price will put a lot off, specially families. Football is just expensive these days. Personally I think that if Cov Rugby who are at home that day are still unbeaten I will go for the BPA for £15 to see if they can keep that up. A few matches in between for them though till then

Londonccfcfan

So exactly the same price as ours then for their kids and just 500 tickets offered at 9 quid in a stadium that holds 54k - less than 1% with the rest 31 to 50 quid for adults. And that's a rich champions league club who don't need cup revenue to survive.
Valid points.

Nick

Administrator
I think the pay on the gate price will put a lot off, specially families. Football is just expensive these days. Personally I think that if Cov Rugby who are at home that day are still unbeaten I will go for the BPA for £15 to see if they can keep that up. A few matches in between for them though till then

It's a month away, if people are deciding now it puts them off why not order in advance and save a little bit of money if money is a deciding factor?

Ashdown

It's a month away, if people are deciding now it puts them off why not order in advance and save a little bit of money if money is a deciding factor?
Yeah many will and many could make it a Christmas present treat too. I hope we get a bumper gate, it might deter a player being cashed in come January !

Modcons86

Any one got any idea of how I can choose my season ticket seat on the online booking site? Can't seem to find out how to do it haha.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Yes, if you go into your CCFC account with your membership number your ST seats are reserved for you.
Just booked our 2 ST seats in this way. Very straightforward.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I get a lot of the argument on both sides but the very people being mocked /vilified here are potential customers, even for the one game.
The number crunchers must have made their assumptions but it's worth remembering these very people are likely respinsible for half of this years player budget.
I'm like ISSS the lights gone out, once only this season I considered going along so my grandson could go to a game but couldn't justify £27.
It wouldn't have made a difference to me If it was UTD at£15,I'm not connected anymore.
Wingy, this is a genuine question & I don't mean to sound condescending but don't know how to word it without sounding it. If you're not connected anymore, how come you're still commenting on a forum about the club? Just trying to distinguish where the lack of connection for so many lies. Is it we're League 2, is it lack of success, is it owners? Seems to be so many who comment on a forum dedicated to the team who have an apparent no interest

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There's a lot of pretentious snobbery on this thread akin to 'I'm a better fan than you', and 'we don't need supporters like you if you aren't prepared to pay the money'.

Some people need to get real. This is a club that thousands of people have invested a lot of money in for a long time, and it has done a very good job alienating people in return. By turning your nose up at these people you are causing a division. Yes, there are some fans who will moan regardless and were not planning to go anyway, but they do not speak for me or many others on this forum particularly, some of which are actually regular attendees anyway!

People need a reason, certain people need a really good reason to go. £22 is not a lot, I know that, but it isn't exactly an incentive either. I think many people are more bemused at the decision to price it this way when it was a good opportunity to make it quite special to be honest.

Nick

Administrator
There's a lot of pretentious snobbery on this thread akin to 'I'm a better fan than you', and 'we don't need supporters like you if you aren't prepared to pay the money'.

Some people need to get real. This is a club that thousands of people have invested a lot of money in for a long time, and it has done a very good job alienating people in return. By turning your nose up at these people you are causing a division. Yes, there are some fans who will moan regardless and were not planning to go anyway, but they do not speak for me or many others on this forum particularly, some of which are actually regular attendees anyway!

People need a reason, certain people need a really good reason to go. £22 is not a lot, I know that, but it isn't exactly an incentive either. I think many people are more bemused at the decision to price it this way when it was a good opportunity to make it quite special to be honest.

I think so many people had it in their heads it would be a special pricing offer already that's why they get upset. They were imagining a complete sellout on a tenner a ticket and a replay of Wembley.

You have said yourself the fact it is £22 has made your mind up as you were on the fence, for the sake of a couple of quid surely you weren't that keen on going anyway?

Of course if it was a tenner it would be a bonus, I'd save myself a tenner or so but then there's also the understanding of that the ground probably wouldn't fill up even for a tenner like people seem to think because it was Stoke.

Users who are viewing this thread