Stoke Details Confirmed - Saturday 6th January (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Saw him live playing for Switzerland against Poland at the Euros in France. Looked overweight, lazy and just walked around for 80 minutes for which I spent the whole game slagging him off. And then he went and scored that crazy overhead kick from the edge of the area.... :D
shows you dont know jack shit really doesnt it. like nazon loooooool

have a good weekend ahahhaa

MatthewWallis

Fair prices in my opinion. We have to give some of the gate receipts to Stoke yet people want us to charge £5 for a ticket???

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

If that is the case and the fire has actually gone out for a lot of people then we need to give up any hope of becoming a premier league team and look at a smaller stadium that can generate additional revenue because continuing to rattle around inside the Ricoh with no hope of fans returning is pointless.
We haven't got a pot to piss in and people are on about a new stadium?

Captain Dart

I don’t understand all the moaning about prices. They are the same as league game, and in theory with it being the biggest draw for casuals, they could have upped the prices knowing at least 6k would attend.

I appreciate it isnt black and white, but ultimately if you support your team, you support your team. Whether that’s Wembley, Stoke or Forest Green at £10 or £22.

We all know SISU are shit, but they can’t be blamed for everything.

As this is the pantomime season, oh yes they can!

Nick

Administrator
Nobody has mentioned anything about Exeter away being £22? Not a dot of outrage (that I can see anyway).

It's the issue with social media, people want to be cool as fuck by moaning. Pile the likes on because they have a rant about ticket prices being way too high and us pricing fans out of the game but no mention of Exeter charging our fans the same?

I remember when it was cool to support your team.

coop

Nobody has mentioned anything about Exeter away being £22? Not a dot of outrage (that I can see anyway).

It's the issue with social media, people want to be cool as fuck by moaning. Pile the likes on because they have a rant about ticket prices being way too high and us pricing fans out of the game but no mention of Exeter charging our fans the same?

Because only the hardcore will go. Stoke are not a big pull for people as they will only send a reserve side.But obviously if we beat them then the FA cup fever will hit but no one expects us to beat Stoke reserves.

Last edited:

Adge

Why keep bringing up Exeter? It's £22 as you stated-is it then £26 if you decided to pay on the gate? I doubt it.

Nick

Administrator
Why keep bringing up Exeter? It's £22 as you stated-is it then £26 if you decided to pay on the gate? I doubt it.
No because they won't be on sale on the gate.

I bring it up because it's the same price, therefore relevant.

If on the gate price is an issue, order in advance. It's weeks away.

Adge

No because they won't be on sale on the gate.

I bring it up because it's the same price, therefore relevant.

If on the gate price is an issue, order in advance. It's weeks away.
So other L2 clubs increase the ticket prices by £3-4 paying on the day do they or is that just us?

Nick

Administrator
So other L2 clubs increase the ticket prices by £3-4 paying on the day do they or is that just us?
Aren't you talking about different tickets to make the increase look more? You are focusing on the highest match day pricing, if money is a massive factor people will look at the cheapest options surely?

Are we the only club to charge more on the gate / on the day then? I'd guess it's more common than you would think, it's designed to encourage people to order early.

Again, if that's an issue then order in advance and save a couple of quid. There's plenty of time.

Last edited:

SkyblueBri

From the Stoke forum, other fans can see our plight “
Capacity of the Ricoh stadium is about 32,500 but their average attendance this season is barely over 7,500 so sadly it is less than a quarter full most of the time.

The Rugby Club sadly have a higher pecking order than Coventry these days, so are they playing at home on the same weekend? As per Gods post regarding feeling sorry for the Club, not really got any love or hate for Coventry City (1987 aside...) but when you see a Club that has been basically abused & used by murky owners/investors, end up in lower leagues it does make you think.”

Londonccfcfan

Our pitch by the 6th January will resemble a ploughed field compared to what Stoke are used to week in week out.

Just bought my 2 tickets. Added to card. We are going to win this!

Adge

Aren't you talking about different tickets to make the increase look more? You are focusing on the highest match day pricing, if money is a massive factor people will look at the cheapest options surely?

Are we the only club to charge more on the gate / on the day then? I'd guess it's more common than you would think, it's designed to encourage people to order early.

Again, if that's an issue then order in advance and save a couple of quid. There's plenty of time.
No, not trying to make it look more expensive-it is already which is fact if you decide on the morning of the game. Ref other clubs-wasn't it recently that the BBC done a poll regarding prices etc? We were on par with some when regarding season tickets etc but we're we not the highest price/increase when it came to match day?

Nick

Administrator
No, not trying to make it look more expensive-it is already which is fact if you decide on the morning of the game. Ref other clubs-wasn't it recently that the BBC done a poll regarding prices etc? We were on par with some when regarding season tickets etc but we're we not the highest price/increase when it came to match day?
It's a month away, if price is a massive deciding factor you order them now and save money surely?

OR the majority of people angered weren't going to go anyway so it doesn't really matter.

People will always want to put as many barriers as possible in the way it seems either way.

Terry Gibson's perm

1st and 2nd round are cheap because its 1st and 2nd round!

3rd round is showpiece of english season. should never have expected cheap tickets

It used to be the showpiece now half the teams don’t bother putting out real teams, they should scrap replays as it’s just another way to extract money from fans.

I have a season ticket but can’t warrant another cost just after Xmas to the boss lady for this game with having the cost of travel to morecombe and then port vale to come

Last edited:

Adge

It's a month away, if price is a massive deciding factor you order them now and save money surely?

OR the majority of people angered weren't going to go anyway so it doesn't really matter.

People will always want to put as many barriers as possible in the way it seems either way.
Yes some people will-but the club could of taken one of them barriers out of the way-one less excuse then?

Nick

Administrator
Yes some people will-but the club could of taken one of them barriers out of the way-one less excuse then?
The barrier that so many had that was poor league two opponents like forest green Rovers has gone. Now it's because it's not on special offer when we have a premier league opponent, that was never hinted at by anybody ever anyway and fans came up with themselves that it was happening for the ticket offer.

jordan210

Isn't there one big difference with Exeter being limited tickets.

One event will have 250 tickets for Coventry fans other 27000ish. So Exeter is a case of supply and demand.

Nick

Administrator
Isn't there one big difference with Exeter being limited tickets.

One event will have 250 tickets for Coventry fans other 27000ish. So Exeter is a case of supply and demand.
No, the difference is that people can't rant about ccfc or sisu when Exeter or others set prices that are the same.

The same as match day increases, that other clubs will also do.

jordan210

No, the difference is that people can't rant about ccfc or sisu when Exeter or others set prices that are the same.

The same as match day increases, that other clubs will also do.

Technically our top price tickets are £24 for the FA cup Exeter is £22 for away fans. So they are £2 cheaper then us.

But yes Exeters price is far to high and I'm sure some have moaned.

Maybe there should be set prices for FA cup games and league games for all team.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Technically our top price tickets are £24 for the FA cup Exeter is £22 for away fans. So they are £2 cheaper then us.
Aren't they both 22 in advance before fees and delivery? Fees applicable on both. I think Exeter charge fees also and also have match day increases.

jordan210

Aren't they both 22 in advance before fees and delivery? Fees applicable on both.

No the so called premium zone is £24 plus fees. Standard Zone is £22 plus fees same as Exeter. I guess fees from both clubs could be different

Personally it would have been a good idea for the club to have set prices around £18-£20 for the FA cup.

They must have known people would moan from passed games.

Adge

Aren't they both 22 in advance before fees and delivery? Fees applicable on both. I think Exeter charge fees also and also have match day increases.
Yes they do! Not as much as us though!

Nick

Administrator
No the so called premium zone is £24 plus fees. Standard Zone is £22 plus fees same as Exeter. I guess fees from both clubs could be different

Personally it would have been a good idea for the club to have set prices around £18-£20 for the FA cup.

They must have known people would moan from passed games.

So if it was 20 instead of 22 nobody would have moaned?

jordan210

So if it was 20 instead of 22 nobody would have moaned?

Would have been less moaning. Take a look at history with ticket prices and general shopping habits. When the price is reduced less people moan.

It would have made the club look like they have done something for the fans.

Adge

Listen-we are talking about our prices on the day being a rip off. Exeter at £22 is a rip off for L2 which is cheaper than our rip off!
The FA cup match price against Stoke can be justified. Can't see why the constant defending by some on the club ref the ticket pricing, especially on the day for L2.
Now forget about owners/L2 crappie teams/crap football and crap match day experience-we are just talking about 1 issue.

Nick

Administrator
Would have been less moaning. Take a look at history with ticket prices and general shopping habits. When the price is reduced less people moan.

It would have made the club look like they have done something for the fans.
I paid 13 against boreham wood, there was hardly anybody there and I wouldn't be surprised if it made a loss on the day.

People will moan constantly regardless and go out of their way to find reasons not to go.

Ie deciding they won't go a month in advance based on match day costs, instead of just ordering in advance.

Nick

Administrator
Listen-we are talking about our prices on the day being a rip off. Exeter at £22 is a rip off for L2 which is cheaper than our rip off!
The FA cup match price against Stoke can be justified. Can't see why the constant defending by some on the club ref the ticket pricing, especially on the day for L2.
Now forget about owners/L2 crappie teams/crap football and crap match day experience-we are just talking about 1 issue.

It's a month away, order them now if the slight increase on the day is too much? Same with a lot of things.

There are things there in place to make it cheaper if people want to.

Liquid Gold

I’ve ordered mine already. I don’t care if it’s just the two of us or 32,000 there I’m going to enjoy watching us take on a premier league side at Home for the first time in ages. Typical cov fans to make a cohole of quid a massive issue when we’ve got a big game coming up.

Liquid Gold

It's a month away, order them now if the slight increase is too much? Same with a lot of things.
It’s not about that though is it. It’s about having a moan like we’re a special case without realising football is way too expensive across the board.

Nick

Administrator
It’s not about that though is it. It’s about having a moan like we’re a special case without realising football is way too expensive across the board.
It's not even just football that has match day increases, they do it to encourage people to book up early and also make matchdays a bit less hassle logistics wise.

English football on the whole is stupid, it isn't just us like made out.

Adge

It's not even just football that has match day increases, they do it to encourage people to book up early and also make matchdays a bit less hassle logistics wise.

English football on the whole is stupid, it isn't just us like made out.

No it isn't just us which is what we have already said-we always though have to go the extra mile on occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread