Supporters forum Tuesday 30th August (3 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Does the club have any sort of strategy for increasing revenue beyond selling players? Has it thought in any way about how it can leverage 13.5k season ticket holders?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueScottie

We need to ask about the pitch situation, Wasps will not answer, so we need something said in the public arena, have wasps simply told us a new pitch will be sorted. Or is there more of a firm agreement this time, cos potentially we end up in a similar situation this time next season. How does a club which is roughly 150 million in debt, having sold roughly 7000 season tickets manage to take one of our better players, seemingly at a reduced fee. How does this fit in the stated aims of our owner who wants to see incremental improvement each year.
Other than confirming in written notice each year that the debts will not be called in, do the owners of the club have any plans to help the club move forward on the pitch by providing further funds. While not asking for 100's of millions, not even 10's of millions, surely it would have been better for the owners to have introduced further funds rather than selling a mainstay of the team.
How do we expect to replace a player who was initially signed as a development player, proved suffiecently good enough to play in L2, L1 and now the championship, given we are currently a championship club, how do we expect a player to currently follow a similar career trajectory and grow with us, without at least a fee being paid initially to bring them to the club?

Given that Blackburn were made aware that a deal for Hyam was now possible, have we revised the figures we would take for Vik, Gus or Cal potentially making them more interesting to the market?
Have the club previously attempted to play hardball over the sale of assets
(earlier in the summer) only to now lose their nerve and reduce their asking price?
How long have the recruitment team had to gather data on targets to replace Hyam?
Why did we not have a replacement for Hyam already in place before accepting a fee?
What is the purpose of undisclosed fee's given that the fee is likely to be known ( within the game) and then becomes known when the next accounts are published?

Grendel

She’s never treated me with contempt. Only given me information that she wants to give but never with contempt. Not what you want to hear but thems the facts. I’m sure mark would agree

Thing is people who get
Um why are you assuming I’m a twat? I’m naive but not utterly stupid.
What are the plans for the new stadium?
Things are progressing?
In what way?
Nothing tangible
What next?
Do you move on to come on joy it’s bollox or show the answers to be bollox by past experience and intelligent questions?

One thing you really need to think about is Sepalla and Fisher can suck people in and get them to believe fairytales

Sandra Garlick is a bright charismatic person but she got swallowed in to this nonsense at one point.

Sky Blue Pete

Thing is people who get

One thing you really need to think about is Sepalla and Fisher can suck people in and get them to believe fairytales

Sandra Garlick is a bright charismatic person but she got swallowed in to this nonsense at one point.
Ok what fairytales do I swallow my friend

Grendel

Im pointing out people like garlick MBE got sucked in and promoted this new ground nonsense.

In truth these meetings should stick to match day issues and commercial activity only which is fair enough.

Sky Blue Pete

Im pointing out people like garlick MBE got sucked in and promoted this new ground nonsense.

In truth these meetings should stick to match day issues and commercial activity only which is fair enough.
Well no one else has asked any questions other than bad language in the corporate section of the ground lol!

Grendel

wince

Sorry if its been raised before , but why is this held the day before the first game at home and before the end of the transfer window and not the day after , when many questions will already be answered

Reactions: vow

wince

And one other question , After over ten years of SISU , Following his interview why does Don Hyman ,Think Blackburn are a much more ambitious club than Coventry

pusbccfc

Can someone ask why we are still letting Ian Abrahams from TalkSport coming to report on every single home game?

EalingSB

Thanks for your effort @Sky Blue Pete. Might be worth asking if Boddy and co would consider a similar forum but open to all fans.

Many would have had work meetings where there are a certain number of people who can speak on camera (club reps plus you, Mark, Colin etc.) and the rest have their cameras and microphones off but can submit questions with moderators selecting ones which are appropriate and filtering out those which are not.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Thanks for your effort @Sky Blue Pete. Might be worth asking if Boddy and co would consider a similar forum but open to all fans.

Many would have had work meetings where there are a certain number of people who can speak on camera (club reps plus you, Mark, Colin etc.) and the rest have their cameras and microphones off but can submit questions with moderators selecting ones which are appropriate and filtering out those which are not.
Mine would be muted but they would be able to lip read

KenilworthSkyBlue

Didn't you once claim that your meeting with SISU helped enable the move back to the Ricoh?

This is exactly what Joy does. She makes people feel valued simply for her own gain. Fisher is exactly the same.

Which is why I think it's utterly pointless conversing with her.

Sky Blue Pete

Didn't you once claim that your meeting with SISU helped enable the move back to the Ricoh?

This is exactly what Joy does. She makes people feel valued simply for her own gain. Fisher is exactly the same.

Which is why I think it's utterly pointless conversing with her.
They weren’t the ones that needed to move their position but yes as well as many other things I’m sure my discussions with others contributed to a change of attitude towards ccfc. Like most things just wishing things are so or expecting a miracle or things to be easy doesn’t just make them so.
And at the bottom level of influence is at least trying

KenilworthSkyBlue

They weren’t the ones that needed to move their position but yes as well as many other things I’m sure my discussions with others contributed to a change of attitude towards ccfc. Like most things just wishing things are so or expecting a miracle or things to be easy doesn’t just make them so.
And at the bottom level of influence is at least trying

But this is my concern when entering into conversations with Joy. Realistically you wouldn't have had any effect on bringing the two parties together or facilitating the move back to the Ricoh and she's clearly made you think otherwise.

That decision was made out of necessity and survival - and as such regardless of the PR spin pushed out to the media, or what's told to individuals such as yourself, external influence would've had zero impact on the decision to return.

Hypothetically if another season at St. Andrews was deemed to be financially viable for the club, then it's safe to assume that Joy wouldn't have sanctioned the move back to the Ricoh.

Sky Blue Pete

But this is my concern when entering into conversations with Joy. Realistically you wouldn't have had any effect on bringing the two parties together or facilitating the move back to the Ricoh and she's clearly made you think otherwise.

That decision was made out of necessity and survival - and as such regardless of the PR spin pushed out to the media, or what's told to individuals such as yourself, external influence would've had zero impact on the decision to return.

Hypothetically if another season at St. Andrews was deemed to be financially viable for the club, then it's safe to assume that Joy wouldn't have sanctioned the move back to the Ricoh.
You have no idea do you?
I have some idea of why she and Derek haven’t spoken for years
I love this
There’s no point talking to anyone because they won’t change their actions. They only moved back out of necessity is an interesting opinion. Was it only ccfc involved then? Were there not other parties involved that needed to change their opinion ??

chiefdave

We moaned for years there was no communication now we're moaning because there is. No club is going to give you any answers other than the ones they want you to hear and if the questioning gets too aggressive they will just go silent again.

Boddy isn't going to come out and say there is no new stadium, we're broke and we have to sell anyone we can to avoid going bust. We'll need to see what is said and if it stands up to scrutiny. There will be a grain of truth in there somewhere but the answers will be presented to put the club and owners in the best possible light.

KenilworthSkyBlue

You have no idea do you?
I have some idea of why she and Derek haven’t spoken for years
I love this
There’s no point talking to anyone because they won’t change their actions. They only moved back out of necessity is an interesting opinion. Was it only ccfc involved then? Were there not other parties involved that needed to change their opinion ??

Well I do have an idea as incredibly you're not the only person to have met Joy.

Well there isn't any point in talking to Joy. In well over a decade her attitudes or position hasn't in one bit changed - regardless of how much you think she's now a supporter - and the opinions of a run of the mill fan is hardly going to cause a perennial attitude shift or influence her opinion.

She's incredibly calculated and will manipulate people to get on board with her narrative and line of thinking. I've seen it first hand with a number of personal contacts of mine, one of which was actually close to becoming a board member 5-6 years ago, and are worse off for even associating themselves with her.

I haven't said only CCFC were involved. Wasps were clearly desperate for the return to happen as well as they were losing money hand over fist. Having CCFC as tenants was a significant revenue stream for them and whilst the relationship had clearly been long soured, both sides faced with little option but to return to the table - exacerbated further following the loss of revenue due to the pandemic. It was wholly unsustainable for CCFC not to be playing at the Ricoh. Do you honestly believe external influence from Andy Street or you made them come to that fairly obvious realisation?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

@Sky Blue Pete I appreciate this is a difficult thing to do, and I think you are doing a great job. It's quite easy to sit behind a keyboard and tell someone else how to do it, but if you cannot build a rapport or keep things respectful then it is never going to get off the ground in the first place. That being said, I do think it is time for some harder hitting questions. The general feeling of this transfer window is leaving a pretty sour taste for a lot of people. Not to mention the stuff about the pitch...

It may have already been covered, but if you haven't already included it, I certainly think it would be a good idea to get some clarity on the sale of Hyam. The Director of Football at Blackburn has come out and inferred that they picked him up for a cheaper price than what was originally submitted earlier in the transfer window. Why have we accepted this, as it makes us look amateur, and why are we seemingly calling up clubs and trying to sell our players? The whole thing is embarrassing to be perfectly honest. The manager and the fans deserve much better.

Users who are viewing this thread