Supporters' group tells Coventry City FC owners to clarify stadium plans (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Strange - actually no, it's not - that Simon or the CT haven't mentioned or commented on the documents which stated they suppressed stories on behalf of CCC. LR was right all along.

Simon has gone all PWKH on us

torchomatic

LR has just tweeted a screen shot of Duffers excellent post.

As for Simon, I would go underground if I were him too. His paper doesn't come out very well in all those documents, does it?

Simon has gone all PWKH on us

Rob S

LR has just tweeted a screen shot of Duffers excellent post.

As for Simon, I would go underground if I were him too. His paper doesn't come out very well in all those documents, does it?

And it ain't going to get any better in the new year.

stupot07

A recent series of tweets from Les Reid:
1/4 For clarity, #CCFC Butts stadium plan IDed for months. Clubs did NOT want secret out but new MD let slip saying "in Cov" &"FL inspected"
2/4 Does any1 think @football_league would inspect greenfield in Warks, new MD lied, or not intelligent enough to know "local geography"?
3/4 That was decoy conveniently lapped up by other media which misled public. Seems to me Wasps want to tie #ccfc to 10-year Ricoh deal &..
4/4 Usual suspects Cov Tel, SBTrust etc scaremongering by overstating prospect of Wasps & new pool displacing #ccfc academy at Higgs centre
@GazOlden Agree difficulties with #ccfc Butts plan & it may never happen. But it's the genuine IDed plan that new MD let slip.Decoy followed

From what I can gather, the only reason the Butts site story came out was due to to the press code which states that journalists should prevent the public being misled if they know facts that can stop that. The CT story rubbishing the CO story started that ball rolling.

It definitely wasn't printed with the blessing of anyone at the club or SISU. In fact they were more than a bit pissed off that it came out.

So is Les suggesting the Higgs Centre/Academy story was specifically leaked by wasps to put pressure on ccfc to sign a 10 year deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluetony176

So is Les suggesting the Higgs Centre/Academy story was specifically leaked by wasps to put pressure on ccfc to sign a 10 year deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Not sure how that would work. Maybe he means Higgs put it out there to get the academy to commit long term to the Higgs centre?

Sick Boy

Duffer's post was indeed excelent.

Despite our excellent league form it's hard not to feel worried at recent revelations and it does feel the club and fans are facing an uphill battle in the future.

I've never understood the hostility towards Reid, at least he appears to be on the side of the fans.

How many others can anyone say the same about throughout this whole sorry saga?

Grendel

Not sure how that would work. Maybe he means Higgs put it out there to get the academy to commit long term to the Higgs centre?

Shame you show zero passion or interest on CCFC related threads yet as soon as anything wasps related comes along the erectile dysfunction is instantly cured.

Nick

Administrator
I'm referring to CCFC you're the one brining up Wasps. Numb nuts.
Isn't the topic about wasps saying they are looking at a few sites but they just happen to have plans to get rid of the indoor pitch so ccfc lose academy status, they are going to build an Olympic pool so the public love it.

Then the trust happen to issue a statement with no mention on their website or anything like that?

This all comes just after emails are shown about pr wars with supporters direct and the telegraph too?

Where have the stories come from?

torchomatic

Apparently Nick the SBT were responding after being contacted by rhe Telegraph....say no more.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Guess you could draw that conclusion. Things have been quiet on the naming rights renewal. Perhaps us not being signed up there is a bigger issue than some would have you believe. Throw out some scare stories and try and get some pressure on SISU to sign up so the rights can be renewed, its a possibility.

Grendel

Apparently Nick the SBT were responding after being contacted by rhe Telegraph....say no more.

If that really is the case and happened this week that is totally mind blowing.

The correct response would have been to advise the CET that at present we are happy being top of the league and happy that wasps seem to now be struggling to attract the Coventry sporting community. We the trust are formally requesting a boycott from CCFC fans of all wasps matches and that we are deeply concerned at the apparent collaboration between the council and the local media against the football club

i would then insist the statement is printed and if it isn't I'd make sure it's printed anyway.

torchomatic

8badddd64b465d618eab5afcfc4b1c8d.jpg

lifeskyblue

Am I the only one thinking that SISU seem to be outsmarted at every turn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Am I the only one thinking that SISU seem to be outsmarted at every turn?

Probably not. I'm sure Italia and Tony will share the love.

Grendel

It's not what I want...just what seems to have happened since the move to Northampton. I hope I'm wrong

If the local council and the local media are totally opposed to the local football club and rugby club and are hell bent on promoting a London based club owned by a Maltese hedge fund as THE sporting club in Coventry let's face it - there are going to be issues.

Especially when the football club trust nods in agreement at everything they are told and do as they are told.

lifeskyblue

It was a major strategic blunder to try and use the move out of Coventry as a lever to engineer ownership of the Ricoh. It has backfired and the club and fans will rue that decision for a very long time.
We are where we are and unless something major happens (SISU sell up or Wasps implode) we unfortunately are going to be tenants for the forseeable

letsallsingtogether

It's not what I want...just what seems to have happened since the move to Northampton. I hope I'm wrong

Well that is what ripped the heart out of the club.
Most of us never really cared about them one way or another before that.

Grendel

It was a major strategic blunder to try and use the move out of Coventry as a lever to engineer ownership of the Ricoh. It has backfired and the club and fans will rue that decision for a very long time.
We are where we are and unless something major happens (SISU sell up or Wasps implode) we unfortunately are going to be tenants for the forseeable

Attendances are up 25% since they were last at the Ricoh. It's forgotten.

lifeskyblue

Attendances are up 25% since they were last at the Ricoh. It's forgotten.

Yes we are playing the best football for years, we have a manager that all fans believe in, we success starved fans have finally something to cheer.
Only thing missing is our own stadium to call HOME

Grendel

Oh and what would be the figure in our present position if we hadn't spent that time at sixfields?

Who knows. Maybe less. Wouldn't have had 27,000 on gane one that's for sure. Teams who have been away get boosts normally - so it's not an issue anymore.

Nick

Administrator
Why no questions for a statement about the most recent news at the council meeting to do with ccfc?

skybluetony176

Isn't the topic about wasps saying they are looking at a few sites but they just happen to have plans to get rid of the indoor pitch so ccfc lose academy status, they are going to build an Olympic pool so the public love it.

Then the trust happen to issue a statement with no mention on their website or anything like that?

This all comes just after emails are shown about pr wars with supporters direct and the telegraph too?

Where have the stories come from?

Not according to the thread title.

Users who are viewing this thread