Supporters' group tells Coventry City FC owners to clarify stadium plans (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Well that is what ripped the heart out of the club.
Most of us never really cared about them one way or another before that.

That's so true. I never paid them any attention before that. I'd viewed this sight and GMK for as long as they've been around and never ever felt the need to join either to vent my spleen until they moronically moved the club to Northampton.

letsallsingtogether

That's so true. I never paid them any attention before that. I'd viewed this sight and GMK for as long as they've been around and never ever felt the need to join either to vent my spleen until they moronically moved the club to Northampton.

Also the only reason me and thousands of others joined the trust.
Never felt the need to before all this shit started happening.

Tbh I have given up caring anymore only care that the team do well....
Don't care who's to blame anymore they are all just lying cunts trying to score points off each other.
PUSB

italiahorse

Probably not. I'm sure Italia and Tony will share the love.

If Sisu concentrated on our future they could move our club forward.
Instead they continue the futile fight and their stadium propaganda and Wasps just get on with things without us.

Mind you Sisu still pull the strings for a few on here who turn every little morsel they feed them into a banquet.

skybluetony176

Erm, read the history about what is being commented on. The same as you read more than headlines.

Well the article is also about CCFC. In fact I think it only references Wasps once. It's yourself and the usual suspects who have then turned this non wasps thread into a wasps thread. Indeed when I was accused of only being on here as it's a wasps story not only is it not a wasps story in the posts on this thread that I had made up until the accusation was made I don't think I referenced wasps once. Unlike my accuser.

covmark

Well the article is also about CCFC. In fact I think it only references Wasps once. It's yourself and the usual suspects who have then turned this non wasps thread into a wasps thread. Indeed when I was accused of only being on here as it's a wasps story not only is it not a wasps story in the posts on this thread that I had made up until the accusation was made I don't think I referenced wasps once. Unlike my accuser.

Fucking hell. Usual suspects?? The only time you ever post is when there's a Wasps thread going. I would suggest you are a usual suspect more than anyone else on this site.

letsallsingtogether

Funny that and have you noticed how all of a sudden another poster has reappeared, and posted on this thread more then all his others put together?

letsallsingtogether

Fucking hell. Usual suspects?? The only time you ever post is when there's a Wasps thread going. I would suggest you are a usual suspect more than anyone else on this site.

But he is right funny how you turn a blind eye to it.

J

Jack Griffin

But he is right funny how you turn a blind eye to it.

They who like to accuse people of "some bad motive/being a puppet of an enemy of the owners/not being a fan of the club/being stupid or naive/not knowing the facts"

* select accusation as desired

Grendel

letsallsingtogether

They who like to accuse people of "some bad motive/being a puppet of an enemy of the owners/not being a fan of the club/being stupid or naive/not knowing the facts"

* select accusation as desired

Yep I have been all of those at least a couple of times.
But hey who am I to moan, they are far superior then me☺
Should have done better at school

Nick

Administrator
How's it come about? The article about wasps biting higgs, then the telegraph running to the trust to drag up another article about it?

It was started last week saying wasps will buy it and build a pool etc.

There needs to be wasps threads on here, it's what you mostly post about.

letsallsingtogether

How's it come about? The article about wasps biting higgs, then the telegraph running to the trust to drag up another article about it?

It was started last week saying wasps will buy it and build a pool etc.

There needs to be wasps threads on here, it's what you mostly post about.

And as soon as you saw SBTRUST you had to be the first to post it on here?

skybluetony176

You didn't actually read what I posted did you? If you did you'd probably have looked back over this thread before making that post and see it was started as a CCFC thread that was on a newspaper article about CCFC and then seen who was talking about wasps and who wasn't. I'll help you out. I wasn't.

Nick

Administrator
You didn't actually read what I posted did you? If you did you'd probably have looked back over this thread before making that post and see it was started as a CCFC thread that was on a newspaper article about CCFC and then seen who was talking about wasps and who wasn't. I'll help you out. I wasn't.

OK, so why was this article written? It links to the one last week about Wasps doesn't it. The telegraph contacted the Trust to bring it up again?

The first line in the article says "Message comes as Wasps RFC eye up CCFC Academy base at Alan Higgs Centre as potential location for new training centre".

Again, you seem to enjoy Wasps threads more than match threads and football threads on here so I don't see what you are moaning about.

skybluetony176

OK, so why was this article written? It links to the one last week about Wasps doesn't it. The telegraph contacted the Trust to bring it up again?

The first line in the article says "Message comes as Wasps RFC eye up CCFC Academy base at Alan Higgs Centre as potential location for new training centre".

Again, you seem to enjoy Wasps threads more than match threads and football threads on here so I don't see what you are moaning about.

But this isn't a Wasps thread. Well it wasn't until you started. I didn't join in with you. I stayed on topic and talked about CCFC. So you tell me who only wants to talk about Wasps?

If you really believe it's a wasps thread why haven't you moved it to the wasps sub forum?.

duffer

It's a Wasps story because for some reason the SBT have leveraged a rumour about Wasps buying the Higgs Centre into a dig at SISU.

I've no issue with anyone saying that CCFC should firm up plans for both the academy and a new ground, who doesn't want that - but with apologies this looks to me like the Trust might well be being played for mugs.

I'm a member of the SBT, and happy to be so, but I wish they'd shut the hell up about Wasps. I'm don't think I'm the only CCFC fan who dislikes them, and I still see CCFC's best chance at obtaining the Ricoh coming from Wasps failing. I am not ashamed about wishing for that, because everyone I've met from Coventry who now goes to Wasps has no real passion for the club (or often the game of rugby itself). If they folded up and went home, I seriously doubt it would hurt anyone in the same way that us going to Northampton did.

Anyway, I like evidence - and I've got two big questions:

1) Has anyone got any proof of Wasps buying land by the Higgs Centre?

2) Has anyone any evidence that the RFU have backed down and are going to allow Wasps' academy to move to Coventry?

In the absence of that, I think the story is as likely as us building a stadium at Brandon.

But if the Higgs wants to vacate the premises, that's fine by me. Can we have the grass football and cricket pitches back please, the MSA was one of the better grounds remaining in Coventry. I don't see that it was ever really replaced.

(P.S. Thanks for the kind words elsewhere, gents. As ever it's just my opinion, it's not better than anyone else's except in my head!)

Nick

Administrator
But this isn't a Wasps thread. Well it wasn't until you started. I didn't join in with you. I stayed on topic and talked about CCFC. So you tell me who only wants to talk about Wasps?

If you really believe it's a wasps thread why haven't you moved it to the wasps sub forum?.

It is a thread about the article isn't it? People can discuss multiple things can't they?

It must be a Wasps thread as you are engaged with it, unlike Match Threads and discussions about team performances. Don't try and give it loads about who only wants to talk about Wasps when you haven't bothered with the last 3 match threads about CCFC.

There are plenty of people on here who can multi task, I don't agree with a lot of things LAST, Italia, BHSB, The Lurker and probably more say but when it comes to a Saturday it is all about the football and you cant knock that (no matter what other crazy stuff they post :) ) whereas some don't seem to be bothered about that. Most of the people who weren't fussed about football have disappeared and of course there will still be talk about wasps, stadiums etc but if you look at some of the football threads it is refreshing to see people who would have been at each others throats about SISU talking about football.

covmark

Why? They are determined to make Wasps a real force in European Rugby. What are you scared of?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Apart from the fact they have no qualms about moving a sports club from its locality for profitable reasons? Nothing, lets welcome them with open arms.:facepalm:

Sick Boy

Instead they continue the futile fight and their stadium propaganda and Wasps just get on with things without us.

Mind you Sisu still pull the strings for a few on here who turn every little morsel they feed them into a banquet.

To be fair we are second in the league, surely the club is finally being taken forward this season?

Nick

Administrator

Where is the Propaganda coming from? The last 2 articles have been from Wasps and then engineered by the CET. Didn't CCFC refuse to comment?

H

Huckerby

Anyone else too happy with the way the current team is performing to read all this crap?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It is a thread about the article isn't it? People can discuss multiple things can't they?

It must be a Wasps thread as you are engaged with it, unlike Match Threads and discussions about team performances. Don't try and give it loads about who only wants to talk about Wasps when you haven't bothered with the last 3 match threads about CCFC.

There are plenty of people on here who can multi task, I don't agree with a lot of things LAST, Italia, BHSB, The Lurker and probably more say but when it comes to a Saturday it is all about the football and you cant knock that (no matter what other crazy stuff they post :) ) whereas some don't seem to be bothered about that. Most of the people who weren't fussed about football have disappeared and of course there will still be talk about wasps, stadiums etc but if you look at some of the football threads it is refreshing to see people who would have been at each others throats about SISU talking about football.

I'm back and I resent being bracketed with those others that you mentioned. Oh by the way what crazy stuff do I post?

duffer

Why? They are determined to make Wasps a real force in European Rugby. What are you scared of?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Good point. Other than screwing over the local football and rugby club, promoting the franchising of sport, having absolutely no history or links to the City, getting the Ricoh at a knock-down price by taking advantage of a council clearly obsessed with beating SISU regardless of the cost, and allegedly now putting the academy under threat, Wasps don't bother me at all.

Without using Google, who here could name three current Wasps players? Against the current real force in European rugby, about 21,000 fans could be arsed to watch. Some of them may even have paid for their tickets. 21,000! How many do you think CCFC would get if they played Real Madrid?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Good point. Other than screwing over the local football and rugby club, promoting the franchising of sport, having absolutely no history or links to the City, getting the Ricoh at a knock-down price by taking advantage of a council clearly obsessed with beating SISU regardless of the cost, and allegedly now putting the academy under threat, Wasps don't bother me at all.

Without using Google, who here could name three current Wasps players? Against the current real force in European rugby, about 21,000 fans could be arsed to watch. Some of them may even have paid for their tickets. 21,000! How many do you think CCFC would get if they played Real Madrid?

Definitely fill the Butts I should think

Users who are viewing this thread