Match Thread Swansea City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 19th Aug (5 Viewers)

mmttww

If Palmer doesn't up his production and isn't available for at least 30-35 games this season, I'd expect him to be released. He's singled out for criticism, though and it's nauseating. If you want a team full of players that keep it simple and 'work hard', good luck to you. Players like Palmer make going to games worth it.

skybluecam

Sakamoto has obviously been signed with his ability to play in attacking midfield in mind so he’s the obvious choice. We’ll be much more creative with him rather than Kelly.

procdoc

Sakamoto has obviously been signed with his ability to play in attacking midfield in mind so he’s the obvious choice. We’ll be much more creative with him rather than Kelly.
So you hate Kelly and Eccles. I guess you don’t understand the role of a defensive midfield player

SBT

He wasn’t poor though. He still performed well in some games but you’ll never change your mind as you had it in for him from the second he signed. Clueless
Waghorn played well in some games too. Both have offered poor value for money.

mmttww

I’m sorry but a midfield of Sheaf, Kelly and Eccles would be about as exciting as watching paint dry
I'm pleased it's not that three, but that's an exaggeration. Sheaf and Eccles would offer enough with Kelly holding. Not for the season, but for one game.

skybluecam

Excited to see Hadji in from the start though. He could really go on a tear in this league if his performances off the bench translate.

Simms might benefit from coming off the bench too.

skybluecam

I'm pleased it's not that three, but that's an exaggeration. Sheaf and Eccles would offer enough with Kelly holding. Not for the season, but for one game.
Wouldn’t be the end of the world, would just rather see us make positive choices and take risks which is what Sakamoto vs Kelly is.

Ashdown

Everyone wants Palmer to succeed, Waghorn was bloody awful and way past his best. Just need Kasey to maintain fitness and have a bit of luck, if he can’t however it’s back to the drawing board, it’s football .

Grendel

What’s his wage?

He was on £1 million a year at Bristol with a year to go on his contract. One club (Cardiff?) looked the other way at some point as they couldn’t agree terms

The articles at the time suggest Bristol agreed to do some deal on half his contract and we then pay the same for the new one - so it’s around 10 grand a week at least - Bristol were very open about his large deal and that they wanted rid

SBT

Palmer scored more goals last season than Waghorn scored in two. Their records are nothing like each other.
I mean in terms of staying fit, in the side, and contributing goals and assists. For highly paid players, neither has a good record.

I really like the idea of Kasey Palmer and he can be an enjoyable player to watch when the conditions are right for him, but I find it bizarre that people see him as a good use of money. The potential he has (but has never realised) makes it impossible to criticise him for some.

Grendel

Palmer scored more goals last season than Waghorn scored in two. Their records are nothing like each other.

He’s also looking at resell value. Palmer has zero resell value like waghorn

Tommo1993

Decent player on his day is Kasey Palmer. Waghorn always made me want to leave games. But Palmer’s poor fitness record will see him released. Not for just being shit, like Waghorn.

TomRad85

We don't even know what the injury is at the moment do we?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread