Match Thread Swansea City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 19th Aug (2 Viewers)

skyblu3sk

They are not youth players or lower league 500k gambles. They are marquee signings at big money.

They have potential but my point stands:

They are not the finished article.

Wright needs a few months to get to grips with off the ball movement/ tracking back and positioning.

Sims needs address whatever issue it is that makes him look like he’s playing with a piano on his back.

I’m not saying “bin them, they’re rubbish” just it’s clear that they are not the finished article and they cost a lot of money.

Just that.
Found it... but its no piano...
1000010600.jpg

Mucca Mad Boys

Clearly missed Hamer today in what was a drab fixture. The team will hopefully get a few additions and we’ll develop nicely.

Sakamoto put in a good shift, van Ewjik looked likely and overall, defensively we were solid but gave away that soft goal.

Eccles and Sheaf are good players but we lacked something going forward today and I feel that combination was the root cause of that.

Godden was my MOTM.

Grendel

Has palmer pissed off MR he didn’t seem that happy when asked - just a thought

It is the hair and nail appointment then

mmttww

OH FUCK OFF
It's been 3 league games.

An unfortunate narrow loss to the team tipped to win the league, a comfortable 3-0 win against a team who many had down for a good season and a respectable draw on the road. Get a grip.

Slagging off signings after 3 (three) games, mental, entitled childlike response. Almost as draining as the babies who panic over nothing. So tedious I swear it gets worse on here every season.
mr t wrestling GIF by WWE

Grendel

If Grendel posts an edgy hot take, and boosh isn't around to Like it, did it even happen?

It’s not really edgy is it - as you’ve just quoted it you are highlighting it happened

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Robins

Dissapointed. We can do better
Didn't organise ourselves for goal conceded
We scored brilliant goal
Good football was played today
But we need more. But that takes time. It will come
Have to defend properly. We would have won
So we are collectively dissapointed. We have to be or will repeat mistakes
We had alot of corners but we have to make them tell
Swansea made it difficult. Dropped deep. We too slow and laboured
We will work on this next week. Glad got a week of training
JDS good balls into box. Tatsu too
We need to cut them open more
Didn't take opportunities enough
Got to box then did nothing with it. WA flat
Excited because we have so much more to unlock in team. Ppl have to be patient
Tatsu did pretty well as number 10. He will get better and evolving already
Palmer not injured. Family issue needs to deal with
Milan hurt his toe. Hopefully he will be ok(didn't seem worried)
Without Kasey hard to open things up
They had a full bench and we didn't
Godden movement brilliant again. On a hot streak
Build up from back was v good but not fluid enough yet. Will come
Matty has never failed to deliver in terms of workrste and goals. Touchwood
Was poor in pre season but just matter of time

Sounded like he is actually excited deep down just how much potential this team has.

Great at dictating, ever thought about becoming a secretary. 😂😂

Hutch11

I've been today and am struggling with the fact some people are dissapointed with that today

Looked a very good side at times
I kept saying 1st half the we are a bloody good team and when everyone has settled in we'll be even better

TewkesburySkyBlue

It’s not a bad start really. Should have beaten Leicester and drew here.

We are missing a world class midfielder and the next £100m premier league midfielder with signings to come
I know Ive got an idea why dont we sign that bloke Hamer from Shefff Utd? I've heard he's decent .

Sky Blue Pete

Swansea site
Having said all that, Coventry were a decent side, especially in the first half. Robins has done an excellent job there and no doubt envious eyes will be cast their way soon.

stay_up_skyblues

If/when we see COH and Tats in the same side defenders aren’t gonna know where to turn and who to kick. Really like the look of him.

At the game the second half felt like hard work and I left a bit disappointed after a positive first half. In hindsight that was a good performance today with so many new players.

I know Swansea have changed style slightly but it’s no mean feat to go down there and control possession for 90 minutes. When these players gel and we sign the missing link between midfield and the front 2 I think we’re a top 4 side this season.

JDS at fault for the goal and does look a bit suspect defensively. But….. his first touch is sublime and he drives us forwards.

MVE starting to show glimpses of a special player. Some really good bits today.

Wright not involved enough but very little service to him. Ironically last seasons long balls over the top would be right up his street. It’ll come as they get to know each other.

We could quite easily be sitting on 9 points from the first three (difficult) games based on performances. Bring on the cry babies 👌

Mucca Mad Boys

They are not youth players or lower league 500k gambles. They are marquee signings at big money.

They have potential but my point stands:

They are not the finished article.

Wright needs a few months to get to grips with off the ball movement/ tracking back and positioning.

Sims needs address whatever issue it is that makes him look like he’s playing with a piano on his back.

I’m not saying “bin them, they’re rubbish” just it’s clear that they are not the finished article and they cost a lot of money.

Just that.

Way too soon for you to make those judgements. Players need time to adapt to new countries and the way we play football and how it’s officiated. It was something Hamer needed time to get to grips with before becoming one of the best players in the league.

This applies to:
Sakamoto
Wright
van Ewijk

Even someone like Simms, he’s not had much competitive game time since being recalled by Everton. Our strikers generally haven’t had good service in the 4 games I’ve seen this season.

Things take time and we’re in a really good place. Fans are too short-termist and reactive when it comes to performance.

Just look at last season.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Decent day out. Glad I went and even though a win would have been great, we looked alright. Give it a bit of time and I think days like this will pull three points more often than not in the near future.

Special shout out to 'You lost to Iran' being the highlight of the anti-wales songs today. Also, hospitality of the year award must go to Swansea. Ran out of beer before the game and took 25 minutes to get served at half time for some pretty shite tasting Cider.

Nick

Administrator
Decent day out. Glad I went and even though a win would have been great, we looked alright. Give it a bit of time and I think days like this will pull three points more often than not in the near future.

Special shout out to 'You lost to Iran' being the highlight of the anti-wales songs today. Also, hospitality of the year award must go to Swansea. Ran out of beer before the game and took 25 minutes to get served at half time.
Didn't even bother to get in the queue

wingy

Special shout out to 'You lost to Iran' being the highlight of the anti-wales songs today. Also, hospitality of the year award must go to Swansea. Ran out of beer before the game and took 25 minutes to get served at half time for some pretty shite tasting Cider.
The temperance society still strong down In the valleees

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Godden scored in the 39th minute. Cannot understand the idea of travelling to Swansea for a football match, missing a chunk of it to go looking for a drink, and feeling hard done by for missing a goal.

Well again, if these places can't sort their shit out you have a situation where people choose between getting a drink or watching the total 90.

Not saying either is the right decision, but it comes part and parcel with not being able to drink a beer at your seat. If you are on an all dayer I can understand why some want to try and shorten their queue time. As it happened today, if you went down early, you miss two goals.

I was queuing for 15 minutes and decided to stay commited rather than waste that whole time. I got lucky and didn't miss any goals, but let's not be snobbish about this. It is a problem faced by a lot of football fans in this country.

Users who are viewing this thread