Match Thread Swansea City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 19th Aug (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If Palmer is injured then surely Sakamoto comes into the team, unless we play Sheaf, Eccles and Kelly as a midfield three. Not much creativity but would be solid at least

Yeah that's my guess, Sheaf, Eccles and Kelly in midfield. Mark Robins will go with what he knows.

Offhegoes

Palmer is a waste of a high wage imo, high wage for 50% time available

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Nope. Fantastic player. Ok, he may not play 46 games, but that's alright now we have Sakamoto, Allen, O'Hare and the incoming AM/ST to cover. When Palmer plays, he delivers. He tore Leciester apart with his clever passing, and took the corner that lead to Wright's goal against Boro.
Hopefully just a strain and will be back training next week.

BornSlippySkyBlue

This had happened to me a few time before... Always panic inducing. Sometimes I've found it doesn't work too early. Maybe try a different browsers? I usually find Brave works when chrome won't sometimes. Sometimes I find that turning on a VPN, there clearing the cache/ cookies from the web browser makes it work. Hopefully one of those help!

Hope not. Try changing the country . They did stop a few last year
So, it seems once they’ve identified an account is using a VPN they block that account from working (temporarily?). Have now got it working, but had to jump through a lot of hoops (including a new iFollow account).

covcity4life

So, it seems once they’ve identified an account is using a VPN they block that account from working (temporarily?). Have now got it working, but had to jump through a lot of hoops (including a new iFollow account).
Hope this ain't true. I've got season ticket ifollow so can't just jump to new account.

Offhegoes

Is Kasey actually 80 years old?
Not sure why Palmer is getting all this grief....In 21/22 Pearson didn't fancy him, so he didn't play. He wasn't injured. He came here woefuly short of match fitness, understandbly based on the above. By October he was fit, and starting matches. Severe hamstring strain in March ended his season, but I don't remember him missing games with niggly injuries from October-March.
I'm gutted he won't be playing today

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Lost Hamer and now Palmer, good job the transfer window isn't closed, need 2 midfielder's now and a centre- back, at least.

fernandopartridge

Nope. Fantastic player. Ok, he may not play 46 games, but that's alright now we have Sakamoto, Allen, O'Hare and the incoming AM/ST to cover. When Palmer plays, he delivers. He tore Leciester apart with his clever passing, and took the corner that lead to Wright's goal against Boro.
Hopefully just a strain and will be back training next week.
He took a corner

Macca

Not sure why Palmer is getting all this grief....In 21/22 Pearson didn't fancy him, so he didn't play. He wasn't injured. He came here woefuly short of match fitness, understandbly based on the above. By October he was fit, and starting matches. Severe hamstring strain in March ended his season, but I don't remember him missing games with niggly injuries from October-March.
I'm gutted he won't be playing today

I like him but he’s blowing way before the end of the game hence my question

fernandopartridge

They don't, their systems are nowhere near that intelligent

theferret

Not sure why Palmer is getting all this grief....In 21/22 Pearson didn't fancy him, so he didn't play. He wasn't injured.

He wasn't injured because he didn't play?

I'm a big fan of Palmer, has a lot of ability. But, he runs out of gas at 75 mins and seems very injury prone. Not sure we can carry somebody like that tbh.

SkyBlueGuy

Have you had the “conflict” message? I’ve tried different browsers, locations, clearing cookies etc and none of it seems to make much difference this time.
I can't remember to be honest. Try changing to a different country? Maybe it's being broadcast in the country you chose

Last edited:

BornSlippySkyBlue

Hope this ain't true. I've got season ticket ifollow so can't just jump to new account.
I tried everything with my old account and it only worked when I created a new one. I suspect I’d ‘triggered’ their automated block response by using a known VPN location. Also suspect it’s a temporary block, and would allow me to watch next time as long as I don’t trigger their response again. Possibly.

Other option is it would’ve worked on my old account that time but I just happened to have switched to the new one. Or some other techy bollocks I haven’t considered 🤷‍♂️

if it usually works for you using a certain VPN / location (I usually use ExpressVPN which has given me issues before with some locations) then maybe you’ll not have the bother in the first place, and if you do it’s probably a temporary block so would work next time (assuming using a different location). Possibly!

BornSlippySkyBlue

They don't, their systems are nowhere near that intelligent

I’ve read elsewhere that they temp block accounts when they identify VPN usage, but I don’t know for sure. It’s the only explanation I can come up with, unless it was ‘just one of those things’.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I ca

I can't remember to be honest. Try changing to a different country? Maybe it's being broadcast in the country you chose
Sorted now cheers. I tried multiple countries, different browsers, different devices and different VPNs, then created a new iFollow account and it worked.

Grendel

usskyblue

There’s something fuckingweird about how some people seem to love a dig at our own players. I don’t know what’s going on with Palmer but he stood out preseason and has played well in the two league games. It’s a shame he’s injured because, with the loss of Hamer and O’Hare still out, he’s our most creative player.

procdoc

There’s something fuckingweird about how some people seem to love a dig at our own players. I don’t know what’s going on with Palmer but he stood out preseason and has played well in the two league games. It’s a shame he’s injured because, with the loss of Hamer and O’Hare still out, he’s our most creative player.
Palmer was made a scapegoat by some from the minute he signed for us

fatso

Step up Sakamoto!

TomRad85

Excited to see Wright and Sakamoto start, suspect Saka better out wide but let's see. Bench starting to look pretty weak.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

djr8369

Shame about Palmer and having to have 4 forwards on the bench. Assume Saka won’t last 90 mins. Shows we really do need a few players in to add depth still.

Users who are viewing this thread