Swansea (H) - Tuesday 2nd - 19:45 (4 Viewers)

Reppz

Dabo is the most one-dimensional attacking wingback I've ever seen. Couple of step-overs, drop a shoulder, run down the line and put a dogshit cross in. It worked in League One but it has been completely useless this season and last. Get Kane in next game.

shmmeee

Don’t agree at all with not looking interested, looks like a lack of sharpness to me.. whether we’re knackered or what I don’t know, we were well on top in the 2nd half but couldn’t find any cutting edge and ended up almost trying too hard & getting frustrated.

As for trends- that’s going to happen at some stage, hopefully this is our bad patch

There was a weird flat energy around the ground first half and that included the players. Lacking sharpness as well, but not enough closing after we’d proved it was fruitful.

Tommo1993

Think it would be fair that if strikers are tired, I think both Godden and Gyok are, then why not give Tavares a place on the bench on Saturday?

SkyblueTexan

Because MR never uses his squad. He didn't last season either then moaned when we were knackered
Fair point but when walker scores 2 in 2 gets dropped and then comes on in the 89tb minute you have to question something
Yes, MR is running his favorites into the ground I am afraid. Gyo and O'Hare seem to be running on fumes. O'Hare's "shot" amounted to nothing more than a soft pass back to their goalkeeper. Honestly we don't have a very big squad. We need to rotate Rose and Kane in. Walker lost his place after scoring 2 goals in 2 games which makes no sense. We are desperately clinging on to 4th place, but we are starting fade. Something has to change.

Great_Expectations

I want Jones to come good - both from a sentimental perspective, but more importantly as we need an alternative to COH. But I don’t think I was watching the same as some of you tonight. Granted there was a nice turn and perhaps one decent run, but he looked slow/nervy on the ball and rusty - both understandable by the way - so he needs some serious game time.

It was a bizzare sub. I assume he was brought on for his pace, but he neither played on the last man or got the ball in space/positions to really run at them. He ended up playing a more traditional type AM role which doesn’t suit his game.

I actually think, at least for a period, MR did spot the weakness as at times we had 4/5 men right on there high back line (it was like the Mowbray days before it all went wrong) but for some reason the balls never came.

Tommo1993

Tbh I take a bit of light in some of their fans saying we’re the best they’ve played so far.

Brighton Sky Blue

They were certainly gifted 1

Both really it's terrible defending even overlooking that the 2nd is as offside as it comes. Followed by that same terrible decision making in the final third.

Should never have lost that tonight, bitterly disappointing on top of the 5 points chucked away the other week

larry_david

They were certainly gifted 1
First one jcs 'cleared' it with as much conviction as o hares shot on goal. And Moore was weak too.

Second one came from godden being out muscled as he tried to chest it down in their area and then jcs and maatsen were caught out.

Both piss poor in their own way.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I’m a big fan of COH but I’m a bit worried about his deteriorating passing and decision making in the oppositions half. We all know the goals aren't really there with him but he needs to contribute in assists. 0 goals and 0 assists after 16 games - we need more from COH.

Evo1883

First one jcs 'cleared' it with as much conviction as o hares shot on goal. And Moore was weak too.

Second one came from godden being out muscled as he tried to chest it down in their area and then jcs and maatsen were caught out.

Both piss poor in their own way.

I mean the second was offside no doubt about it

SeaSeeEffCee

That answer suggests you don’t know what he did wrong. Give me some examples don’t just come out with statements you can’t back up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Got the tactics wrong from the start which saw us 2-0 down after 12 minutes and then failed to change anything until the 70th minute where he made the baffling decision to completely cede the midfield to them and bring on Jones who has barely played for three years. Then sat on his hands until the 89th minute and pointlessly brought Walker on way too late.

So, what did he do right?

SlowerThanPlatt

I’m a big fan of COH but I’m a bit worried about his deteriorating passing and decision making in the oppositions half. We all know the goals aren't really there with him but he needs to contribute in assists. 0 goals and 0 assists after 16 games - we need more from COH.

He has 3 assists I think

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yes, MR is running his favorites into the ground I am afraid. Gyo and O'Hare seem to be running on fumes. O'Hare's "shot" amounted to nothing more than a soft pass back to their goalkeeper. Honestly we don't have a very big squad. We need to rotate Rose and Kane in. Walker lost his place after scoring 2 goals in 2 games which makes no sense. We are desperately clinging on to 4th place, but we are starting fade. Something has to change.

I agree. As good as it is to be able to play a settled side you have to accept that the players will need a rest at times. Rotating in the likes of Kane, Rose and Walker/Waghorn is going to be necessary if you want the players to maintain the standard of intensity required over the whole season.

I wonder if the analytics is showing that the players are keeping up the same performance but it just seems more laboured than earlier in the season like they're really having to push themselves to keep it up.

SkyblueTexan

He wasn’t great tonight but Jones hung out to dry by his manager. Hasn’t integrated him this season and expects him to turn a game for us
Well said. That's how you develop a squad by slowly integrating different parts and pieces into the mix. Haven't seen Waggy either lately. You cannot stubbornly stick to the same 11 (with minimal like for like for like changes late in the game or using players who have no experience playing with each other) and expect different results. The Swansea team started the season slow, but is building momentum and climbing the table. Today they played well for the first 20 minutes, effectively protected their lead and we could not lay a glove on them other than Fadz' goal which was frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread