Swansea (H) - Tuesday 2nd - 19:45 (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Indeed, like I said earlier I just don't buy it that they're some top side

Given a 2 goal headstart anyone can look comfortable but despite that they were still very charitable at the back.
Well they are saying it tbf

It's being polite, we were defensively a mess for most of the first half and snuffed out our own attacking threat.

CCFCBat

Got the tactics wrong from the start which saw us 2-0 down after 12 minutes and then failed to change anything until the 70th minute where he made the baffling decision to completely cede the midfield to them and bring on Jones who has barely played for three years. Then sat on his hands until the 89th minute and pointlessly brought Walker on way too late.

So, what did he do right?

What should have been his tactics at the start then

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m on the fence. We made them uncomfortable at times but didn’t threaten properly. We pressured but as ever the final ball gets worse each game.

Seeing as they've played most of the league at this point it's just being kind in exchange for the gift wrapped 3 points

Sky Blue Pete

His first touch and use of the ball is better than O'Hare. You cannot fault O'Hare's involvement but his pass completion must be abysmal. I always feel when we break Allen will pick the right pass most of the time. Who else is in the team can that be said about?
Hamer

Evo1883

Given a 2 goal headstart anyone can look comfortable but despite that they were still very charitable at the back.

It's being polite, we were defensively a mess for most of the first half and snuffed out our own attacking threat.

I dont think we were anywhere near as bad as what people are making out on here .

I think that was a very good performance by Swansea , who are imo a bloody good side

Perryccfc

I dont think we were anywhere near as bad as what people are making out on here .

I think that was a very good performance by Swansea , who are imo a bloody good side

Agreed, thought we played well but just lacked the final ball. It felt all second half like a goal was coming. To read some of the doom and gloom on here is staggering. Thought the players gave it everything tonight.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I’m a big fan of COH but I’m a bit worried about his deteriorating passing and decision making in the oppositions half. We all know the goals aren't really there with him but he needs to contribute in assists. 0 goals and 0 assists after 16 games - we need more from COH.

This is correct.

I absolutely love him, and his dedication is fantastic, but we need more end product which is not unreasonable to ask for.

Brighton Sky Blue

Walker would’ve got zero service. Maybe Kane for Dabo. But we weren’t really working it wide.

He would've at least been a better bet with balls over the top. Surely wouldn't have been offside more times than Baka at Blackpool

Brighton Sky Blue

Agreed, thought we played well but just lacked the final ball. It felt all second half like a goal was coming. To read some of the doom and gloom on here is staggering. Thought the players gave it everything tonight.

Didn't look like scoring for the very reason given in the first sentence. Too many players have been allowed to run themselves into the ground and it shows in the inability to keep a high press on a team that looks as dodgy as anything defensively.

steve101

Hamer has the ability to spread the play and pass incisively but far too often he tries forcing it and the move breaking down, when there is a better option. That's my point with Allen. He doesn't have technical range of Hamer and not quite the industry of O'Hare but for me uses the ball more effectively, more consistently than both.

ms639

Taught a lesson tonight. Swansea came with a game plan and executed it perfectly, the first 20 mins was the best I have seen a team press us. Grabbed 2 goals and shut up shop really, not surprising our goal came from a set piece, offered very little apart from that.

Fair play to them got it tactically spot on. The 2nd half was a masterclass in how to see out a game away from home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Taught a lesson tonight. Swansea came with a game plan and executed it perfectly, the first 20 mins was the best I have seen a team press us. Grabbed 3 goals and shut up shop really, not surprising our goal came from a set piece, offered very little apart from that.

Fair play to them got it tactically spot on. The 2nd half was a masterclass in how to see out a game away from home

They scored 2

Paxman II

We did give it all and Dabo was a fraction from a well earned point from 2 down....it just did not quite happen. BUT we have been a bit hot and cold with our form of late. Not performing as we did in the first 10 games. That may well be the other teams doing their homework on us. As ever we seem to miss Kelly who steadies the ship. Thought Allen was good tonight but the final ball is not going our way, almost as though we are trying too hard. It will change soon enough. Moore did not do well tonight and should have saved the first one. The second one was offside, so could have been so different. Swans enjoying their good fortune and we lick our wounds and move on. Please someone tell O'Hare to put his laces through it!

COV

Got the tactics wrong from the start which saw us 2-0 down after 12 minutes and then failed to change anything until the 70th minute where he made the baffling decision to completely cede the midfield to them and bring on Jones who has barely played for three years. Then sat on his hands until the 89th minute and pointlessly brought Walker on way too late.

So, what did he do right?

The tactics were nothing to do with going 2-0 down, that was due to terrible defending

Hertsccfc

Near the end Jones ran through, then godden ran through, then someone else and still whoever had the ball hesitated then pass it back. It was begging for a dink over the top
I agree. It was strange that we didn't play the ball through. Forward players weren't great but they had so little service.

Brighton Sky Blue

Taught a lesson tonight. Swansea came with a game plan and executed it perfectly, the first 20 mins was the best I have seen a team press us. Grabbed 3 goals and shut up shop really, not surprising our goal came from a set piece, offered very little apart from that.

Perfection to perform black magic on the linesman and to ask us nicely to give away a goal on 5 minutes. Perfection to give the ball away in their own third of the pitch and have O'Hare side foot it to the keeper.

They will play better than that and lose this season.

CCFCSteve

Exactly. Just been listening to what sounded like a fan wide meltdown from the comments on CWR. We were sloppy first 12 mins defensively and you can’t give a team that’s had 65% possession over the season a two goal lead. After that we got back into it well, should’ve equalised end of first half and then had a fair bit/most of the second half (5 minute keep ball aside when we were flagging). Final ball was disappointing at times but we did enough to get a draw after a poor start at the back and a goal that should’ve been disallowed. Ref also let them slow the game down second hand when they were dropping like flies every time they were touched which didn’t help

Walker should’ve come on earlier with their high line and Jones sub didn’t work but some of the comments on the radio were bizarre/OTT…some need to get a grip !

Hertsccfc

Perfection to perform black magic on the linesman and to ask us nicely to give away a goal on 5 minutes. Perfection to give the ball away in their own third of the pitch and have O'Hare side foot it to the keeper.

They played really well

ms639

Who has played better than that against us this season? We were beaten on the night by the better footballing side. Simple

COV

If that was really the best opposition performance they have seen this season then the league is in pretty bad shape.

As I said before it is a weak Championship this season, and we were all over them for big chunks tonight.

Its not hard to believe at all

Users who are viewing this thread