Swansea (H) - Tuesday 2nd - 19:45 (4 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Who has played better than that against us this season? We were beaten on the night by the better footballing side. Simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luton. Might simply be pissed off but I don't think my assessment will change tomorrow morning. It's been gifted away in more than one respect.

Brighton Sky Blue

As I said before it is a weak Championship this season, and we were all over them for big chunks tonight.

Its not hard to believe at all

The best side they've played all season yet they've won the game. What does that say for every team to have beaten them? Really good fortune?

Brighton Sky Blue

Certainly best performance i have seen against us this season. Some really skillful passing and play. However, if we had capitalised on their high line we could have got something out of the game

Luton were far better at both ends of the pitch.

Brighton Sky Blue

No. We were just terrible against Luton. Virtually anyone would have beaten us that night.

Don't think anyone would have been in much trouble against us tonight. Defensively awful, limp going forward and literally passing up the gifts offered at the other end.

Too many key players have been allowed to overwork themselves and the consequence is what we've seen today

Brighton Sky Blue

As you said yourself they have improved significantly.

They found themselves 3-0 down at Luton but think we're a better side after giving them a 2 goal lead. It's being polite because they're the first side to win here, and it's nice of them to do it, but anyone can be after they've won

COV

They found themselves 3-0 down at Luton but think we're a better side after giving them a 2 goal lead. It's being polite because they're the first side to win here, and it's nice of them to do it, but anyone can be after they've won

So they’re lying.

Righto.

Tommo1993

I dunno mate. Our set up can be brilliant at times, and recently is so badly let down by end product. I think other fans are rightly commending our style, and if that’s what they’re referring to when they say we’re the best they’ve played, I’ll take it. Just sadly points don’t back it up.

Brighton Sky Blue

I dunno mate. Our set up can be brilliant at times, and recently is so badly let down by end product. I think other fans are rightly commending our style, and if that’s what they’re referring to when they say we’re the best they’ve played, I’ll take it. Just sadly points don’t back it up.

'Best side I've seen' for me means the complete package. Solid at the back, clinical going forward and calm in possession-we did not look impressive in any of those respects.

As above, they're being kind and that's good of them to do, but 'the best side they've played all season' wouldn't have given 2 goals away at the start of the game.

Sky Blue Pete

Don't think anyone would have been in much trouble against us tonight. Defensively awful, limp going forward and literally passing up the gifts offered at the other end.

Too many key players have been allowed to overwork themselves and the consequence is what we've seen today
Can’t believe some of this. I get you’re disappointed we lost we need to be much more level headed. We go again. Could easily have drawn a game we were two down within 10 mins. Would make some changes but kane for Dabo nah not unless he’s injured and gyokeres is far more effective up front than any of the other strikers

Can see sheaf and walker in but there won’t be wholesale changes. Maybe rose for Jcs but I doubt it

Grendel

Or the players he put trust in did not deliver on the night. Poor all round for me.

His lack of use of subs was his choice

Brighton Sky Blue

Can’t believe some of this. I get you’re disappointed we lost we need to be much more level headed. We go again. Could easily have drawn a game we were two down within 10 mins. Would make some changes but kane for Dabo nah not unless he’s injured and gyokeres is far more effective up front than any of the other strikers

Can see sheaf and walker in but there won’t be wholesale changes. Maybe rose for Jcs but I doubt it

Despite being labelled as someone who gets hard over every defeat I don't single out individuals as boo boys or for much harsh criticism. What I've actually said more than once is it looked tired and it has looked that way for a few weeks. The high intensity of the first few months couldn't realistically be sustained with a small squad before it caught up with us so perhaps what rotation was possible should have been done before it was forced.

Other people will and have made similar points but won't get pounced on so...meh *shrugs*.

Sky Blue Pete

Despite being labelled as someone who gets hard over every defeat I don't single out individuals as boo boys or for much harsh criticism. What I've actually said more than once is it looked tired and it has looked that way for a few weeks. The high intensity of the first few months couldn't realistically be sustained with a small squad before it caught up with us so perhaps what rotation was possible should have been done before it was forced.

Other people will and have made similar points but won't get pounced on so...meh *shrugs*.
The problem is kane isn’t as good as dabo
Sheaf or Kelly aren’t as good as hamer
Allen isn’t as good as ohare
Walker isn’t as good as gyokeres
I actually think rose is better than Jcs even on the left of the 3 but that’s another thing

So without replacements you have to play the team that you think are best placed to get you to the result

I thought we were well light in midfield as it looked like Allen was playing alongside Ohare and Hamer was the midfield on his own.
I thought we played well for 75 mins and but for a terrible header by Jcs and a strange Jcs and Moore sleep fest and possibly as wrong offside call we could easily have got something out of it. Huddersfield drew at Peterboro , Bristol city got beaten at Birmingham . We are competing well above where we thought we’d be. We need some of robins belief in the project he’s part of.

CCFCSteve

Agreed. We’d probably be top of the league with a better end product. Some are forgetting where we’ve come from in recent years, the fact we’ve still got L2 players in the squad and most with limited experience at this level….hence us being in a relegation battle for most of last season ! Its a gradual process.

We were spoiled by an amazing start but it’s a tough league where most teams can beat each other on their day and we’re competing with all of them, even though most have got bigger budgets and been around this league a lot longer

Just hope we’re switched on from the start Saturday !

Last edited:

Calista

Ridiculous meltdown on here. Maybe it's a measure of how far we've come that a narrow defeat (courtesy of two avoidable/lucky goals) against a skillful Championship side makes people think we are rubbish and in a nosedive. Look at where we are. We're competing in the top half of this league and playing entertaining football in front of good crowds. If you think the squad is thin, look at our bench compared to what we had 3 or 4 years ago!

I enjoyed a lot of what we did tonight, but we threw away so many good positions with terrible final balls. The match could have gone the other way with a lucky deflected goal to us, and I guarantee the ratings thread would be full of 7's and 8's instead of 3's and 4's.

COV

Back to this again, never allowed to criticise elements of a display.

Admit you're ROS.

You’re ‘allowed’ to say whatever you want, that’s nonsense & stop with the persecution complex, but when it’s quite so over the top don’t be all hurt & offended when people comment back on it.

lifeskyblue

They outplayed us in every department. They pressed well when the needed to, they played it out well from the back throughout, always had the extra man on their right. We pressed as individuals not a team, created little and let them run midfield. Need to get up for Saturday and get3 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COV

Ridiculous meltdown on here. Maybe it's a measure of how far we've come that a narrow defeat (courtesy of two avoidable/lucky goals) against a skillful Championship side makes people think we are rubbish and in a nosedive. Look at where we are. We're competing in the top half of this league and playing entertaining football in front of good crowds. If you think the squad is thin, look at our bench compared to what we had 3 or 4 years ago!

I enjoyed a lot of what we did tonight, but we threw away so many good positions with terrible final balls. The match could have gone the other way with a lucky deflected goal to us, and I guarantee the ratings thread would be full of 7's and 8's instead of 3's and 4's.

Agreed.. but I’d also say that the time has come now to stop referring to “how far we’ve come”, those days are gone- great times & achievements of course, but I think we have a genuine shot this season & our success needs to be measured on if we manage to finish top 6

Brighton Sky Blue

I actually think rose is better than Jcs even on the left of the 3 but that’s another thing

So without replacements you have to play the team that you think are best placed to get you to the result

I thought we were well light in midfield as it looked like Allen was playing alongside Ohare and Hamer was the midfield on his own.
I thought we played well for 75 mins and but for a terrible header by Jcs and a strange Jcs and Moore sleep fest and possibly as wrong offside call we could easily have got something out of it. Huddersfield drew at Peterboro , Bristol city got beaten at Birmingham . We are competing well above where we thought we’d be. We need some of robins belief in the project he’s part of.

Didn't say I'd lost belief in the manager Pete and yet to do so once throughout the last 4 years but it can't be unreasonable to have some questions to ask of the last 3 weeks. The man himself has recognised getting some calls wrong in this block of fixtures. A key one seems to have been starting Gyo soon after he got that unpleasant knock, which overall has done him and perhaps us more harm than good.

It should piss people off to lose a game, it's what drives you to put it right next time.

covcity4life

Played well. Yes need to stop giving away soft goals and make teams work hard for them but other than that I was happy with what I saw

Performance like that again on Saturday and I expect 3 points

Brighton Sky Blue

You’re ‘allowed’ to say whatever you want, that’s nonsense & stop with the persecution complex, but when it’s quite so over the top don’t be all hurt & offended when people comment back on it.

It isn't any more or less OTT than other critical comments here. It hasn't been all season and again, you won't find me hounding individual players or calling for the taxi.

Until you actually admit who you really are I'll just stop responding.

covcity4life

It isn't any more or less OTT than other critical comments here. It hasn't been all season and again, you won't find me hounding individual players or calling for the taxi.

Until you actually admit who you really are I'll just stop responding.
Plz do stop responding. It's like u pick good performances to say we r crap

Almost troll like

Reactions: COV

Grendel

imagine if Hyam played like JCS what the reaction would be tonight? Instead people are going at Dabo and Godden

Most people over hype Hyam - he’d probably be given man of the match

Brighton Sky Blue

Plz do stop responding. It's like u pick good performances to say we r crap

Almost troll like

Not true at all and I’m hardly alone, this game has split opinions on the performance.

Nice to ignore the times I’ve said we’ve played well when plenty have disagreed. But that’s how it is on here with certain posters including the ‘I am always right’ CC4L.

covcity4life

Not true at all and I’m hardly alone, this game has split opinions on the performance.

Nice to ignore the times I’ve said we’ve played well when plenty have disagreed. But that’s how it is on here with certain posters including the ‘I am always right’ CC4L.
We had this discussion last year after we drew away to derby. We went on to stay up easily. I could see it and you couldn't.its that simple

This forum is full of fans. But also easily frustrated fans or all out pussy holes.

Like literally how can u have a 46, game seaosn where not one loss is not due to being shit? Does that sound reasonable to you?

Brighton Sky Blue

We had this discussion last year after we drew away to derby. We went on to stay up easily. I could see it and you couldn't.its that simple

This forum is full of fans. But also easily frustrated fans or all out pussy holes.

Like literally how can u have a 46, game seaosn where not one loss is not due to being shit? Does that sound reasonable to you?

Bournemouth away we got tonked, I praised us for trying to play the right way. Last season there were a lot of difficult to watch games not made easier by watching them from behind a screen all season and being on the edge mentally for most of it too.

Sadly it seems that’ll just be trotted out whatever. Just gets tiresome at the end of the day when you have individual players and the manager being singled out every week by others.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

But none of them are terrible and could offer something if one of those players is having a bad day. Picking a team that fails to perform is one thing. To pick that team and choose not to change it when you can see that it's not working is quite another.

Today I was struggling to think of which three to change because there was that many that could have justifiably been hooked. Instead we made only two, and one of those was when the game was practically over.

Users who are viewing this thread