The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (18 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kingokings204

This is a question for leave voters.

If the UK was to leave the EU but stay inside the Single Market, would Brexit have been a complete waste or time and put the country at a disadvantage?

You can't leave the EU and stay in the single market. If you keep the single market you keep freedom of movement and therefore I believe we will come out of the single market but have access to it.

If we don't come out of the single market as your question and therefore freedom of movement Ukip or someone will have their best days ahead. It simply won't wash.

Grendel

Is our aim to become the new Norway? How far have we fallen?.... Norway is good, but rich because of oil.... we arediffwrwnt...

No Norway have an arrangement that effectively means they are in the EU. We won't we will negotiate a free trade arrangement without strings. Norway have 95% dependancy on the EU

Kingokings204

No Norway have an arrangement that effectively means they are in the EU. We won't we will negotiate a free trade arrangement without strings. Norway have 95% dependancy on the EU

Exactly this. Norway said no to the eu in a referendum but they are tied into agreements which means they have to accept the single market rules. That's not our aim.

We will leave the single market and customs union.

dadgad

This morning talks defining the terms of Brexit have started.
Never in recent times has this country been systematically torn apart by
a bunch of swivel eyed representing the 1% and their own lunatic take that
Britannia will once again 'rule the waves' This is a tragedy for Britain, we are being further
marginalised as living standards for the many fall and basic rights increasingly threatened by an elite
who systematically reduce services to the point that entire communities are being burnt in their beds.
How is it that so many, who will suffer most from this fiasco can have been duped so spectacularly?

martcov

This morning talks defining the terms of Brexit have started.
Never in recent times has this country been systematically torn apart by
a bunch of swivel eyed representing the 1% and their own lunatic take that
Britannia will once again 'rule the waves' This is a tragedy for Britain, we are being further
marginalised as living standards for the many fall and basic rights increasingly threatened by an elite
who systematically reduce services to the point that entire communities are being burnt in their beds.
How is it that so many, who will suffer most from this fiasco can have been duped so spectacularly?

Yes. That is basically it. No more unnecessary regulations from Eurocrats. Bye bye Johnny Foreigner. We ruled the waves. We fought the Germans. The French are puppets of the EU by voting Macron - just as in Vichy France.

( I read this about France in the comments in the Mail online today ).

It is incredible. Regulations and bureaucrats are there - mostly- for good reasons. When there are less controls - whether EU or not - things like Grenfell happen. Clowns like BoJo mocked EU regulations... creating a feeling that by doing away with regulations we are taking control of our country.

"We" certainly aren't. People like Rydon ignore ( apparently ) regulations because if they can get away with it they will.

Now we are going to spend years going through EU regulations- seeing which we can do away with and which we can write into UK law.

What a load of crap. We will have to keep most of them or risk things like the fire.

Remain and reform was the only option to vote for, but people have been blatantly conned.

Now that the negotiations have started - late because of the U.K. - we will actually be able to see what the leavers voted for. Enjoy.

wingy

You can't leave the EU and stay in the single market. If you keep the single market you keep freedom of movement and therefore I believe we will come out of the single market but have access to it.

If we don't come out of the single market as your question and therefore freedom of movement Ukip or someone will have their best days ahead. It simply won't wash.
Or not as the reality of it comes home.

oakey

Brexit: How long will it be before, "Let's just call the whole thing off," will no longer be shouted down but will become mainstream? I give it six months.
Whatever your viewpoint should we stick to a democratic referendum result forever, whatever the consequences, out of some terribly British sense of fair play?
I think not. If in a hole stop digging.

Now, where's that tin helmet?

Liquid Gold

I can't believe we've started negotiations today and there has been no indication as to what our aims are/what sort of future relationship we want. It looks as though Europe is in the driving seat and we haven't got a clue.

Grendel

I can't believe we've started negotiations today and there has been no indication as to what our aims are/what sort of future relationship we want. It looks as though Europe is in the driving seat and we haven't got a clue.

Why? Are we seriously going to tell people what our negotiating position is? What's European position then?

dadgad

The UK Parliament should vote on the outcome of the talks, i.e. From an informed position.
Not the lunacy dreamt up by that buffoon Boris and voted on by a U.K. Pop. reeling from
decades of austerity, neo lib bullshit and the scapegoating of refugees created by our bombs, ffs!

Liquid Gold

After months of bullshitting on what will happen the UK agrees to structure negotiations exactly the way the EU has been proposing on day one. You couldn't make it up.

Lets see this exit bill then.

Ian1779

After months of bullshitting on what will happen the UK agrees to structure negotiations exactly the way the EU has been proposing on day one. You couldn't make it up.

Lets see this exit bill then.

We haven't even started and they've already got our pants down.:banghead:

Grendel

We haven't even started and they've already got our pants down.:banghead:

How does that even make sense? If you hate the country why not just leave?

Grendel

The UK Parliament should vote on the outcome of the talks, i.e. From an informed position.
Not the lunacy dreamt up by that buffoon Boris and voted on by a U.K. Pop. reeling from
decades of austerity, neo lib bullshit and the scapegoating of refugees created by our bombs, ffs!

Worms

SIR ERNIE

It's almost as if people want these negotiations to fail for us. Bizarre.

Not 'almost' Kingokings, they really do want them to fail.

Bear in mind that two or three on here have a strong anti-UK agenda.

One is very pro-Irish/anti anything UK.

Another is strongly pro-Germany/Merkel/EU anti-UK.

And another is pro Germany and just 'likes' anything the first two post.

Both you and I were labelled Little Englanders last week simply because we're pro-Brexit!

Ian1779

Both you and I were labelled Little Englanders last week simply because we're pro-Brexit!

You're talking shit....

Best outcome for the UK and best outcome for the Tory party clearly are not the same thing.

martcov

How does that even make sense? If you hate the country why not just leave?

That's Brexiteer talk. It is possible to love your country and to wish It to be well managed and a constructive EU partner. To accept the result of an ill informed population voting yes or no on the most complicated decision in a life time without question doesn't make you a better citizen. In fact it makes you more like a sheep.

martcov

I am pro common sense. Voting for something that you don't even know what it is, is neither pro British nor common sense.

I am waving the flag here on a major international event selling British products- even Coventry Craft Beer from Fargo.

Certainly not anti UK or Coventry.

But you wouldn't understand that.

Kingokings204

You're beginning to sound more and more like your poster boy Farage as each day passes.

You said you are pro common sense with mart and that's great so surely you would understand Grendel's view that if someone hates the U.K. That much then leave. I don't like the Russian way of life very much so guess what I don't live there. Common sense that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread