The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (51 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skybluetony176

Hmm I wonder why our economy performed worse in 2020 than many others 🤔

I wonder if something significant happened in the UK in January 2020? 🤔
Hold on. Are you suggesting our slump was down to more than covid meaning we’ve recovered from covid like the rest of the world but the other thing is still holding us back?

Grendel

Hold on. Are you suggesting our slump was down to more than covid meaning we’ve recovered from covid like the rest of the world but the other thing is still holding us back?

I also assume Tony as you are opposed to referendums and parliamentary democracy works through manifestos and electoral process if you vote for a party that wishes to remain outside the EU you now support the brexit process?

Grendel

Yes a meeting of those that voted to fuck the country over and those that didn't.

well as Tony says if you vote for a party that wants to remain outside the eu you support that strategy

Tony of course openly voted for a party to leave the EU and seemed rather proud of it

Grendel

Here is Tony defending Nigel Farage and voting for an anti eu party - you can’t make it up really

Grendel

Where’s astute to add some gravitas to this pointless debate

PVA

Sad Baby GIF

skybluetony176

Braverman has been briefing against Sunak and his attempts to renegotiate the protocol, DUP not playing ball, ERG not playing ball and releasing the details of the renegotiation are now being delayed. Looking dead in the water even if the DUP do accept it unless Labour vote it through for Sunak. The Brexit cult in his party is going to bring him down like they did May. Ironic given he’s always been in the cult, an original member, a true believer.

clint van damme

Braverman has been briefing against Sunak and his attempts to renegotiate the protocol, DUP not playing ball, ERG not playing ball and releasing the details of the renegotiation are now being delayed. Looking dead in the water even if the DUP do accept it unless Labour vote it through for Sunak. The Brexit cult in his party is going to bring him down like they did May. Ironic given he’s always been in the cult, an original member, a true believer.

I read that Starmer has offered Sunak his support.

Edit - something about it here

CCFCSteve

Im not sure if you’re kidding but I’ve heard Labour would support the proposals so they could get through. Sunak would still be in the shit though. He really needs DUP to support them which would probably dampen down ERG/nutters arguments a bit

skybluetony176

I think it would suit Starmer if the Tories got this sorted so it’s one less thing he’d potentially have to deal with if he won the next general election. Even if that means lending them votes. Also makes Sunak look weak in plain sight as an added bonus for Starmer.

clint van damme

Im not sure if you’re kidding but I’ve heard Labour would support the proposals so they could get through. Sunak would still be in the shit though. He really needs DUP to support them which would probably dampen down ERG/nutters arguments a bit

Just edited it with a link.

clint van damme

I think it would suit Starmer if the Tories got this sorted so it’s one less thing he’d potentially have to deal with if he won the next general election. Even if that means lending them votes. Also makes Sunak look weak in plain sight as an added bonus for Starmer.

We're not going to be able to sign all these wonderful new trade deals while we can't sort out how we do thngs in our own back yard.

Grendel

We're not going to be able to sign all these wonderful new trade deals while we can't sort out how we do thngs in our own back yard.

Look labour will be in power soon and we can all rejoice in a land of milk and honey - can’t wait

PVA

Look labour will be in power soon and we can all rejoice in a land of milk and honey - can’t wait

There was only one party promising sunlit uplands in a land of milk and honey. The one you voted for.

How's that working out?

Grendel

There was only one party promising sunlit uplands in a land of milk and honey. The one you voted for.

How's that working out?

Pretty well from where I’m sitting

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

clint van damme

Well it cant be worse, my issue is that after 12 years of austerity, a pandemic and a cost of living crisis it won't be enough of an improvement.

Astute

Still in the UK.

Move to an EU country next month. Will never have to suffer another Tory government again. This debacle has cost my youngest children a quarter of their childhood without their dad. But at least they live in a much safer place.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Hmmm, I understand what you’re saying but i wasn’t being disingenuous. The fact is it would be a minor voting issue for most people (until 2017). When the referendum finally came half the public voted out so were obviously not happy with what it had become. From memory I think France, Ireland, Holland and possibly one or two others rejected previous treaties which extended the EUs reach. One way or another things were fudged to override the publics views. It just never sat well with me.

However, if I’d have know we’d still be having these debates 6.5 years after the vote, been through non stop political turmoil and as a country hadnt really moved on, I’d have probably sucked it up and voted remain as it hasn’t been worth all the fallout/division. The other stuff will all sort itself out over time with pragmatic, sensible leadership…unfortunately that’s been sadly missing in recent years

Anyway, what’s done is done.
Not happy with what it had become or unhappy at what they perceived/had been led to believe it had become?

Grendel

Still in the UK.

Move to an EU country next month. Will never have to suffer another Tory government again. This debacle has cost my youngest children a quarter of their childhood without their dad. But at least they live in a much safer place.

Your travelling around in a camper van aren’t you?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Every political party had Maastricht in its manifesto
So using your argument about manifesto's mentioning rejoining the EU not being a vote winner, if the public didn't want Maastricht surely at least one of them would have taken the plunge to say they weren't going to do it? So as they all did put it in, every single one must have been confident of it being a popular stance, or at the very least not unpopular enough to hamper their chances of election?

Astute

Well it cant be worse, my issue is that after 12 years of austerity, a pandemic and a cost of living crisis it won't be enough of an improvement.
Better than having the Tories making it worse each year.

I just hope that people give Starmer and Co time to make a difference instead of expecting vast improvement within a year.

clint van damme

Better than having the Tories making it worse each year.

I just hope that people give Starmer and Co time to make a difference instead of expecting vast improvement within a year.

Well the tories are still occasionally using the look what we inherited line so he should be able to get away with it for at least a decade.

Users who are viewing this thread