The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (13 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SkyblueBazza

That is what you voted for. Hard borders. Discrimination against the rest of the world by the UK in your sense of discrimination. There is no discrimation against race, sexual orientation or religion allowed in the EU.
That simply isn't true. There is as much discrimination in the EU as there is in the USA or pretty much anywhere else. Several French people have openly described their country to me as racist, even Britain is described as such in some quarters.

Oh & again...I didn't vote for 'hard borders' as you call them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

That simply isn't true. There is as much discrimination in the EU as there is in the USA or pretty much anywhere else. Several French people have openly described their country to me as racist, even Britain is described as such in some quarters.

It's true that there is significant racism in all parts of the western world, including Britain.

martcov

What is allowed and what happens are two different things. Discrimination is illegal in the EU.

Brexit is about making more borders as opposed to the EU.

Grendel

Hahaha dodging the question as usual.

It’s not dodging a question as your question has zero to do with changing passports.

Your question isn’t really a question just a statement that means nothing.

SkyblueBazza

I prefer Thatcher any day to the Farage prat:

„Pro-Brexit politician Nigel Farage applauded the change of passport colour from burgundy to blue and called it a “brexmas present”.

Appearing on BBC News, Mr Farage said: “We are told we are going to get our passports back. It’s the first real tangible victory that we have had since that referendum and it’s something that we should celebrate.”

The Brexiteer said the change was a major step forward but warned there is an “awful lot more to do”.

He said: “We really do need a Government with some courage and with some vision. At the moment that does appear to be sadly lacking.” „

Like her or hate her, Thatcher would never sink to lying, dribbling depths of Farage. Do you think Thatcher would have been on a stage with Roy Moore, Bannon or holding a speech for Hitler‘s cabinet member‘s granddaughter‘s far right Party in Berlin?

The deceit of Farage is on a par with that of Trump - his golden lift buddy.

Instead of automatically assuming he is claiming a victory of sorts over the EU...read it perhaps as being simply a victory for he & his supporters spouting over time about regaining national identity. For them - it is indeed a small but tangible victory.

martcov

Instead of automatically assuming he is claiming a victory of sorts over the EU...read it perhaps as being simply a victory for he & his supporters spouting over time about regaining national identity. For them - it is indeed a small but tangible victory.

Only for them. For the rest it is an embarrassment

SkyblueBazza

This is why I ignore you tony. Your attempts at put down and humour are as bad as a very poor panto.

I had a look at your pitiful attempts at understanding Mr Trench and his put downs - it was car crash reading.
Ermmm...that wasn't ignoring him G lol

SkyblueBazza

Only for them. For the rest it is an embarrassment
It is only embarrassing for those who feel embarrassed for others celebrating it as some sort of victory for Brexit over the EU.

Myself I couldn't give a shit. If people want to celebrate what is simply a hollow symbolic step...then let them

martcov

It is only embarrassing for those who feel embarrassed for others celebrating it as some sort of victory for Brexit over the EU.

Myself I couldn't give a shit. If people want to celebrate what is simply a hollow symbolic step...then let them

The point is that it is not a victory. The UK could have had a blue passport the whole time.

Kingokings204

The point is that it is not a victory. The UK could have had a blue passport the whole time.

It’s not just the colour is it. We get to drop the words European Union which is more to the point and more important to me.

Last edited:

Grendel

Yesterday when you thought the burgundy passport was an EU enforced regulation it seemed to be an issue. ;)

Like when you believed 65% of labour voters voted remain?

Also these “recommendations” were taken up by every country. The one who hasn’t is due to the red having unpleasant historic significance. Given that countries who voted against Europe in referendums have been “persuaded” to try again I would suggest the uniformity isn’t coincidence.

martcov

It’s not just the colour is it. We get to drop the words European Union which is more to the point and more important to me.

Assuming we are actually out when the new passports come. It is hardly a victory is it? If we are out of the EU, no one will be resisting the plucky Brits. We can have any colour we want and any wording accepted by the airlines, in that respect nothing has changed.

The same as we have not become independent. We were independent and we triggered article 50 to leave a block. We had the right to stay or leave. We chose leave and, again, no one resisted.

There is no independence day and no tangible victory. We have merely changed our status from being in a block to not being in a block - voluntarily and with agreement with the block.

Any new trade deals will involve accepting regulations agreed with our trading partners. As we did in the EU. The terms will be different, but we will never be completely independent.

If there is a „victory“ it is over remain. Seeing as remain are now leading in the polls, it wasn’t even a convincing victory.

You don’t actually have much to be happy about.

Grendel

Assuming we are actually out when the new passports come. It is hardly a victory is it? If we are out of the EU, no one will be resisting the plucky Brits. We can have any colour we want and any wording accepted by the airlines, in that respect nothing has changed.

The same as we have not become independent. We were independent and we triggered article 50 to leave a block. We had the right to stay or leave. We chose leave and, again, no one resisted.

There is no independence day and no tangible victory. We have merely changed our status from being in a block to not being in a block - voluntarily and with agreement with the block.

Any new trade deals will involve accepting regulations agreed with our trading partners. As we did in the EU. The terms will be different, but we will never be completely independent.

If there is a „victory“ it is over remain. Seeing as remain are now leading in the polls, it wasn’t even a convincing victory.

You don’t actually have much to be happy about.

He does - same as me. We are leaving the parasites of Brussels to their own devices and their grubby gravy train

Good

martcov

Like when you believed 65% of labour voters voted remain?

Also these “recommendations” were taken up by every country. The one who hasn’t is due to the red having unpleasant historic significance. Given that countries who voted against Europe in referendums have been “persuaded” to try again I would suggest the uniformity isn’t coincidence.

Who had a referendum on the colour of their passport? Do you seriously think that Thatcher would have been persuaded to change the colour of the passport which was never compulsory? You guys are always the poor oppressed victims. Younger people never even saw a blue passport. It was never an issue until dicks like Farage and UKIP made it into one. We were in the EU and showed it on our passports. Perfectly normal situation. You are yet another victim.... of relentless right wing propaganda.

Kingokings204

Yesterday when you thought the burgundy passport was an EU enforced regulation it seemed to be an issue. ;)

Well I believe it was an issue but the words are more important than the colour. As a leave voter you could appreciate that from my point of view.

Kingokings204

Who had a referendum on the colour of their passport? Do you seriously think that Thatcher would have been persuaded to change the colour of the passport which was never compulsory? You guys are always the poor oppressed victims. Younger people never even saw a blue passport. It was never an issue until dicks like Farage and UKIP made it into one. We were in the EU and showed it on our passports. Perfectly normal situation. You are yet another victim.... of relentless right wing propaganda.

I never heard farage when he got the passport out those countless times ever mention the colour? He always mentioned the words at the top.” European Union”

martcov

He does - same as me. We are leaving the parasites of Brussels to their own devices and their grubby gravy train

Good

Do you actually believe you are coming back to a place of sweetness and light? Thousands of new civi servants and over 20 new offices to replace the parasites of Brissels with the old school tie networks of Whitehall. We have one of the worst cabinets in history. The country has at least 9 Dependencies catering for tax dodgers. Lots of London property is owned by people for the purpose of money laundering. The City is full of SISU style businesses. Brussels could learn a lot from us.

Kingokings204

Good

Thank goodness we are leaving is all I can say. Leave them to carry on with it. If they all want to push on with it then fine by me but we as United Kingdom don’t.

Grendel

Thatcher agreed to participate in the grizzly ERM which almost catastrophic consequences - she capitulated to Europe in everything as essentially she was a europhile in the same mound as Lamont and Clarke.

You are just a victim of ignorance of historical political fact

Grendel

Do you actually believe you are coming back to a place of sweetness and light? Thousands of new civi servants and over 20 new offices to replace the parasites of Brissels with the old school tie networks of Whitehall. We have one of the worst cabinets in history. The country has at least 9 Dependencies catering for tax dodgers. Lots of London property is owned by people for the purpose of money laundering. The City is full of SISU style businesses. Brussels could learn a lot from us.

The difference is old chap the British public can vote out the government that makes the laws if they do not like them. Not depend on 27 other countries to agree with you.

Users who are viewing this thread