The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (11 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

£20 donation has been made, have taken a screenshot but don't have an image hosting account.

Thanks no worries about the screenshot.

Kingokings204

I assume mr European Clegg will be refusing his undeserved knighthood.

I thought someone was joking with me when they told me as they know I hate him. To my horror they weren’t.

Well it’s all you need to know about the political system in this country. Over 100 lib dems in the lords now is it?

martcov

I thought someone was joking with me when they told me as they know I hate him. To my horror they weren’t.

Well it’s all you need to know about the political system in this country. Over 100 lib dems in the lords now is it?

Faceless unelected people telling the UK what to do you mean? Where have I heard that before?

martcov

Berlin New Year party to have women's zone

Has it really come to this ?! But then the same morons who live in denial will still make excuses for Merkel and her disastrous invitation !

The disastrous decision is based on the Geneva convention and an emergency situation caused by a civil war in a country designed/ imposed by foreign powers including the UK after the First World War. No doubt you have an excuse lined up for the UK.

What happened to the stories of it being unsafe to walk through the park in Sweden? I hear that Finsbury Park is dangerous, especially for women. Who are we blaming that on?

SkyblueBazza

The disastrous decision is based on the Geneva convention and an emergency situation caused by a civil war in a country designed/ imposed by foreign powers including the UK after the First World War. No doubt you have an excuse lined up for the UK.

What happened to the stories of it being unsafe to walk through the park in Sweden? I hear that Finsbury Park is dangerous, especially for women. Who are we blaming that on?
Until they find the culprit I personally will keep an open mind - how about you?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

that's his reward for backing austerity the yellow tory c**t..
Half, yes half (!) the 1922 committee got awards, that's there reward for not throwing May out on her ear. (yet).

martcov

that's his reward for backing austerity the yellow tory c**t..
Half, yes half (!) the 1922 committee got awards, that's there reward for not throwing May out on her ear. (yet).

Still, at least the „defender of the realm“ ( Express description of the slimy turd Farage ) didn’t get anything. If they had made him a member of the unelected Lords, the slimy hypocrite would’ve probably taken it.

Sick Boy

Still, at least the „defender of the realm“ ( Express description of the slimy turd Farage ) didn’t get anything. If they had made him a member of the unelected Lords, the slimy hypocrite would’ve probably taken it.

Had to laugh when he trotted out his latest excuse that it's because he didn't back remain. He must have missed the fact that plenty of those backing Brexit got honours.

He is an utter joke.

martcov

Until they find the culprit I personally will keep an open mind - how about you?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I usually wait until there are more details and check other sources. Unlike others on here.

As with the „Zone in Berlin“. Which turns out to be a part of one of six Red Cross tents, and is where you report sexual harassment - not a zone for women watching the celebrations. There are medical personal there and peace and quiet. Police will attend if needed. It says „women zone“ on the entrance, but men will not be turned away.

There are less police in total at the event than last year.

A bit different to the outrage caused by the headlines.

Terry Gibson's perm

It would be a race between him and clegg (unless clegg has already sneaked in

Terry Gibson's perm

With so many disliking Farage imagine how big the win would have been without him:emoji_kissing:

Ashdown

I usually wait until there are more details and check other sources. Unlike others on here.

As with the „Zone in Berlin“. Which turns out to be a part of one of six Red Cross tents, and is where you report sexual harassment - not a zone for women watching the celebrations. There are medical personal there and peace and quiet. Police will attend if needed. It says „women zone“ on the entrance, but men will not be turned away.

There are less police in total at the event than last year.

A bit different to the outrage caused by the headlines.
Aaah, well it all sounds like cuddly La La land, I guess the whole shebang is surrounded by ugly concrete blocks to protect against some delightful specimen running a lorry through the crowds too. The world is a bloody mess for all sorts of reasons but it doesn't help sticking your head in the sand all the time and living in denial, well when not ranting about obscure neo Nazi types trying to resurrect the Reich that is.
Have a peaceful New Year Mart....I'm serious ! and I hope all do around Europe and the wider world !

Sick Boy

Aaah, well it all sounds like cuddly La La land, I guess the whole shebang is surrounded by ugly concrete blocks to protect against some delightful specimen running a lorry through the crowds too. The world is a bloody mess for all sorts of reasons but it doesn't help sticking your head in the sand all the time and living in denial, well when not ranting about obscure neo Nazi types trying to resurrect the Reich that is.
Have a peaceful New Year Mart....I'm serious ! and I hope all do around Europe and the wider world !

Still waiting for you to point out those who have been digging their head into the sand about Merkel?

Ashdown

Still waiting for you to point out those who have been digging their head into the sand about Merkel?
Unlike some on here, I really am not one to go trawling through pages of posts looking for that exacting evidence or for that matter googling news and politicians statements either. Some of us have beer to drink young man and party food to devour before it's next year ! HNY !

Sick Boy

Unlike some on here, I really am not one to go trawling through pages of posts looking for that exacting evidence or for that matter googling news and politicians statements either. Some of us have beer to drink young man and party food to devour before it's next year ! HNY !

So you made it up? ;)

HNY mate, enjoy.

SIR ERNIE

Berlin New Year party to have women's zone

Has it really come to this ?! But then the same morons who live in denial will still make excuses for Merkel and her disastrous invitation !

Confirmation of the shocking consequences of Merkel’s decision to open Europe’s borders to all and sundry.

I have great sympathy for the people of Germany and Sweden in particular. They have every right to ask why this was done to their countries without seeking their permission.

Europe has been changed forever.

History will not look favourably on Merkel.

HNY to you all.

martcov

I‘m not sticking my head in the sand and yes we have some form of hinderance on all events. These car things are not confined to Germany. From Israel to Nice to London to Charlottesville... It is the same with aircraft, discos etc..

The Nazi types are no longer obscure.... I look at the profiles on the „comments“ about newspaper stories. There are some bad people out there and you should not stick your head in the sand about them...

I am having a quiet celebration in the pub ... no party, just the locals. No staff on, just me..

You too have a peaceful New Year! And I hope the scallywags don’t get a look in anywhere...

martcov

Confirmation of the shocking consequences of Merkel’s decision to open Europe’s borders to all and sundry.

I have great sympathy for the people of Germany and Sweden in particular. They have every right to ask why this was done to their countries without seeking their permission.

Europe has been changed forever.

History will not look favourably on Merkel.

HNY to you all.

No. Europe and the USA have been changed for the next generation by the rise of populists lying, exaggerating and playing on people‘s fears.... Merkel won’t go down in history as bad as the unscrupulous scumbags such as Trump and Farage..

Have a happy new year!

martcov

Yes. That was my point. Read the „outrage headlines“ and base your judgment on that. You are not alone unfortunately...

martcov

I seem to remember some claiming that it was worth leaving the EU to get away from this...
Britain exploring membership of the TPP to boost trade after Brexit

I thought TPP was set up by the US under Obama to maintain US influence and keep China out or restrict it‘s influence. There was talk of China possibily taking the US place after Trump withdrew. China hoping to replace the US as the biggest economy in the region.

The TPP will also have Trade rules and classifications. No doubt also for bananas....... In 10 years it could be faceless Chinese bureaucrats ( if China does join ) in Beijing taking away our sovereignty ;-) ..... out of the flying pan into the fire.....

skybluetony176

Some interesting views on it expressed through wiki

Nobel Memorial Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman has said that "there isn't a compelling case for this deal, from either a global or a national point of view."[183]

In February 2016, United Nations' human rights expert Alfred de Zayasargued that the TPP was fundamentally flawed and was based on an outdated model of trade pacts, and that governments should not sign or ratify the TPP.[184][185] According to de Zayas, the international human rights regime imposes binding legal obligations on countries, including the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rightsand the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, and trade must be done under the human rights regime. Under the ISDS in the TPP, investors can sue a government, while a government cannot sue investors. De Zayas argued that this asymmetry made the system unfair. He added that international law, including accountability and transparency, must prevail over trade pacts.[184]

Trans-Pacific Partnership - Wikipedia

skybluetony176

This is a familiar point

In 2014, linguist and political activist Noam Chomsky warned that the TPP is "designed to carry forward the neoliberal project to maximize profit and domination, and to set the working people in the world in competition with one another so as to lower wages to increase insecurity."[204] Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) argues that trade agreements like the TPP "have ended up devastating working families and enriching large corporations."[205]Professor Robert Reich contends that the TPP is a "Trojan horse in a global race to the bottom."[206][207][208]

jimmyhillsfanclub

I seem to remember some claiming that it was worth leaving the EU to get away from this...
Britain exploring membership of the TPP to boost trade after Brexit

I thought TTiP was a disgrace & it was indeed a factor in my leave vote..........obviously we didn't know at the time that it would become dead in the water before the secretive & highly undemocratic EU-USA talks were completed......

Obviously now with the USA no longer involved, its possible a TTP deal of some sort may not be quite so scary or extreme.......worth exploring atleast....but I won't hold my breath on the people winning out over the corporates & banks...

Meanwhile the EU are pressing on with CETA.....basically TTiP with Canada.......something no citizens of the EU have been offered a voted on.....but it will lock in privatisation & allow corporates to fuck the NHS even quicker than the tories could manage it.....

...lets hope we leave before the ink dries on that little beauty eh....doh!

Last edited:

martcov

I thought TTiP was a disgrace & it was indeed a factor in my leave vote..........obviously we didn't know at the time that it would become dead in the water before the secretive & highly undemocratic EU-USA talks were completed......

Obviously now with the USA no longer involved, its possible a TTP deal of some sort may not be quite so scary or extreme.......worth exploring atleast....but I won't hold my breath on the people winning out over the corporates & banks...

Meanwhile the EU are pressing on with CETA.....basically TTiP with Canada.......something no citizens of the EU have been offered a voted on.....but it will lock in privatisation & allow corporates to fuck the NHS even quicker than the tories could manage it.....

...lets hope we leave before the ink dries on that little beauty eh....doh!

Err no.... Canada plus plus plus was another Avenue we were sounding out.... Davis wants that..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread