The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (45 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What is this „it“ that I don’t see? Why do you post a picture of Merkel in Muslim garb? Why don’t you answer points or explain e.g. how Breitbart, Fria Taden and the Express are not „blinkered“ or known for writing nonsense? You seem frightened of other cultures and think that Muslims have a monopoly on terrorism, whilst claiming the rise of right wing violence is people understandably „taking things into their own hands“. You are enjoying the rise of the far right in Europe as they are on your wave length.

I knew you would be triggered by that picture of Merkel.

What is happening in Europe is not just appearing in Breitbart for fucks sake. They exaggerate things but anyone that has actually traveled properly or even has an ounce of commonsense and spacial awareness can see what is going on. The right wing is only rising because of ridiculous leftist policy that is ruining our continent. That isn't a conspiracy theory, it is the truth.

I'm married to a woman from another culture, so saying I'm scared of them is a pretty ridiculous thing to say. Unfortunately some cultures are better than others, and the EU is importing some pretty shit ones.

clint van damme

What is happening in Europe is not just appearing in Breitbart for fucks sake. They exaggerate things but anyone that has actually traveled properly or even has an ounce of commonsense and spacial awareness can see what is going on. The right wing is only rising because of ridiculous leftist policy that is ruining our continent. That isn't a conspiracy theory, it is the truth.

I'm married to a woman from another culture, so saying I'm scared of them is a pretty ridiculous thing to say. Unfortunately some cultures are better than others, and the EU is importing some pretty shit ones.

you've been watching too much Douglas Murray, you're pretty much quoting him word for word.
He's not wrong on everything but he's prone to over reaction and a bit of a drama queen.

skybluetony176

Fucking hell what?

I'm not talking about our history, but our future. Something that you and many other people have no problems trying to destroy.

Just fucking hell.

You seem to think you’re somehow protecting our culture when in fact if you look at our history what you you’re doing is actually a contradiction to what you think you’re doing. Multiculturalism and globalisation is our culture.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

you've been watching too much Douglas Murray, you're pretty much quoting him word for word.
He's not wrong on everything but he's prone to over reaction and a bit of a drama queen.

I've only seen a few clips from him and not for ages. If you admit then he isn't wrong on anything then why am I a mad c.u.n.t for saying some similar things?

clint van damme

I've only seen a few clips from him and not for ages. If you admit then he isn't wrong on anything then why am I a mad c.u.n.t for saying some similar things?

I said he 's not wrong on everything, not he's not wrong on anything.
You're a mad c**t because you're trying to place a bet on the out come of something a century from now!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Just fucking hell.

You seem to think you’re somehow protecting our culture when in fact if you look at our history what you you’re doing is actually a contradiction to what you think you’re doing. Multiculturalism and globalisation is our culture.

Maybe thousands and thousands of years ago, yes. Those people were pioneers, there is a difference.

The society that we have built and the British culture that we have is now at risk. That is something that was the status quo for a very very long time, and is now being eroded.

Slip of the mask there though, you kind of just admitted you don't think we have a culture and that it might as well be gone.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I said he 's not wrong on everything, not he's not wrong on anything.
You're a mad c**t because you're trying to place a bet on the out come of something a century from now!

Yes, and no one will have to pay up as we will all be dead! If people didn't think deep down I have a point then it would get taken up at least in jest.

If people like Douglas, me, and no doubt many millions within the leave vote think a similar kind of way - surely at some point it has to be acknowledged that we count as people and that something other than propaganda might be going on?

NorthernWisdom

a massive racist
I might regret this ;) but...

How can you stay mates with someone who's a massive racist?!?

I kind of get the ones who have different political views, I can even get the ones who I don't think are racist but are... misguided, and led by some of the propaganda, but basically are alright.

How do you manage to stay mates? Just avoid the subject of foreigners?!?

clint van damme

Yes, and no one will have to pay up as we will all be dead! If people didn't think deep down I have a point then it would get taken up at least in jest.

If people like Douglas, me, and no doubt many millions within the leave vote think a similar kind of way - surely at some point it has to be acknowledged that we count as people and that something other than propaganda might be going on?

the problem with Douglas Murray is he has a superiority complex as far as western values are concerned and therefore refuses to acknowledge any culpability for where we are now.
If you take that stance you'll keep making the same mistakes over and over again.
For example, he is big critic of Iran, but he doesn't touch on the fact that Iran was on a path to democracy and secularism until we knocked it off course in pursuit of oil. So what's to stop us making the same mistakes again and what we're doing is writing our enemies propaganda for them.

To be fair he does offer solutions in his book but I haven't read it so there may be stuff on there I agree with him on and I will try to get round to reading it.

I think the fact is gay makes him a bit emotional about certain issues at times but if someone would happily kill me because of my sexuality I'd perhaps feel the same.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

the problem with Douglas Murray is he has a superiority complex as far as western values are concerned and therefore refuses to acknowledge any culpability for where we are now.
If you take that stance you'll keep making the same mistakes over and over again.
For example, he is big critic of Iran, but he doesn't touch on the fact that Iran was on a path to democracy and secularism until we knocked it off course in pursuit of oil. So what's to stop us making the same mistakes again and what we're doing is writing our enemies propaganda for them.

To be fair he does offer solutions in his book but I haven't read it so there may be stuff on there I agree with him on and I will try to get round to reading it.

I think the fact is gay makes him a bit emotional about certain issues at times but if someone would happily kill me because of my sexuality I'd perhaps feel the same.

To be honest I try to steer clear of the Iran topic so I don't really know what he's said on that. I respect your view that he might be wrong on it, but personally I am more talking about this continent. I think some cultures are better than others unfortunately, and whilst we do have some culpability in places, we do traditionally have a good quality of life and respective values. I feel this is being taken away and I don't just blame the EU for that, this blame sits with a wide range of politicians across different parties over the course of many years.

He might exaggerate, and your theory for that might be right. From what I've heard he hits the nail on the head with many things and has suggested a few solutions worth listening to. I haven't read his book because I think if I do I will be more angry about everything. To be honest the longer one tends to sit away from politics, the happier they will be!

martcov

What is happening in Europe has a lot to do with relative ease of movement and access to information of our way of life. People who don’t have our wealth think that by coming here they will obtain it. We cannot stop it as long as we have a free and tolerant society. If we throw our freedom away and allow us to be dominated by the extreme right ( or left ) we will have lost our biggest asset.

Instead of falling for Breitbart, Express and Fria Taden, we would be better off with a United Europe willing to take some immigration and at the same time investing in the potential of Africa and Arabia.

I am less concerned about Islam than the far right and if we do end up in right wing xenophobic society, then we are on a par with some extreme Islamic countries who give the infidels the blame for whatever is wrong in their countries.

When I was in Thailand, people there referred to Germans, Swiss, British etc. as Europeans. Your missus is as much a European as me, my missus, my daughter etc. as far as the rest of the world is concerned. It is only people like yourself who are trying to invent as something unique as British culture. Any difference to other European culture is minimal. We have a bad diet and are conditioned by crap newspapers, but our „mongrel“ population and it’s culture are in essence European.

martcov

Changed yes.

Gradually eradicated no.

What has been eradicated that we will miss or are already missing? Tolerance? Accepting refugees? Freedom of religion? Non acceptance of racism? Those are assets that you don’t seem to like and want to eradicate. I would miss them if the far right ever took power.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What is happening in Europe has a lot to do with relative ease of movement and access to information of our way of life. People who don’t have our wealth think that by coming here they will obtain it. We cannot stop it as long as we have a free and tolerant society. If we throw our freedom away and allow us to be dominated by the extreme right ( or left ) we will have lost our biggest asset.

Instead of falling for Breitbart, Express and Fria Taden, we would be better off with a United Europe willing to take some immigration and at the same time investing in the potential of Africa and Arabia.

I am less concerned about Islam than the far right and if we do end up in right wing xenophobic society, then we are on a par with some extreme Islamic countries who give the infidels the blame for whatever is wrong in their countries.

When I was in Thailand, people there referred to Germans, Swiss, British etc. as Europeans. Your missus is as much a European as me, my missus, my daughter etc. as far as the rest of the world is concerned. It is only people like yourself who are trying to invent as something unique as British culture. Any difference to other European culture is minimal. We have a bad diet and are conditioned by crap newspapers, but our „mongrel“ population and it’s culture are in essence European.

You make some fair points there, and I agree with some.

I will reiterate my point which is that I am not conditioned by rag newspapers or Breitbart, I very rarely bring myself to read any of them. I also think not as many people who share my opinions read these as you think either. We do have a British culture and I think we should be proud of it.

I agree that we need to invest in these poorer countries in Africa and Arabia, and we certainly should not be bombing them. Yes, we have a free society but we will lose this. I cannot see the far right taking control because what happened with the nazi's was so bad that 99% of people will not allow it now. I do think in order to water down the far right you need to take away what is motivating them. That isn't the Daily Mail so much, but the stuff behind what they are reporting on. Whilst some of it is bullshit, much of it isn't.

I don't want extremes from each side either, but the growth of Islam in europe will do that. I am not being a hateful bigot, I am just warning that this is what I think will happen. Corbyn saying he will gave every homeless person a house is a little dangerous too sadly, whilst our borders remain pretty open I can see a lot of people taking him up on that.

I love the country that I was brought up in but it feels like we are losing it. The vote to leave the EU was what many felt like a last ditch attempt to retain that. It shouldn't be that way, but sadly it is.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What has been eradicated that we will miss or are already missing? Tolerance? Accepting refugees? Freedom of religion? Non acceptance of racism? Those are assets that you don’t seem to like and want to eradicate. I would miss them if the far right ever took power.
Well, we no longer use French as the official language. if wse were going back to 'traditional' British values we should.

Freedom of religion and acceptance of anyone who says they are a refugee is what has started this mess.

If we can't have french back, I guess Arabic is ok is it?

NorthernWisdom

Freedom of religion and acceptance of anyone who says they are a refugee is what has started this mess.

Ah, so a traditional British culture is burning poeople who disagree.

Wow.

And as for not accepting refugees.

That's a massive wow.

I'm afraid it's absolute bollocks that 'Britishness' has been eradicated. Most people didn't even think of Britain as a thing until relatively recently.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Ah, so a traditional British culture is burning poeople who disagree.

Wow.

And as for not accepting refugees.

That's a massive wow.

I'm afraid it's absolute bollocks that 'Britishness' has been eradicated. Most people didn't even think of Britain as a thing until relatively recently.

You couldn't be more wrong.

You may be familiar with the Enoch Powell speech 'Rivers of Blood' in the 1960's. That got enough stick as it was. Imagine if he would have said White British people would become a minority in their own capital city by the year 2010? He would have been laughed out of town.

What has happened has been even worse than what the worst doomsayers were predicting. You really haven't got a clue.

skybluetony176

I might regret this ;) but...

How can you stay mates with someone who's a massive racist?!?

I kind of get the ones who have different political views, I can even get the ones who I don't think are racist but are... misguided, and led by some of the propaganda, but basically are alright.

How do you manage to stay mates? Just avoid the subject of foreigners?!?

It’s hard work to be honest. It’s a strained relationship to say the least. Known him pretty much all my life and his racism has only really come to the forefront of the back of the paranoia we’ve witnessed in recent years. He has a mixed race nephew who he loves to bits, I wouldn’t say he’s colour racist as such, his racism is more centred on where you’re from or your origins are from or your religious beliefs etc. He uses a very wide brush to to paint his opinions of certain demographics based on a very narrow narrative. He’s a walking contradiction who would fight anyone who would racially abuse his nephew and type cast him based on a minority but will openly admit to hating all Polish people just because they’re Polish and hating all Muslims because they’re Muslims and no other reasons. To be honest it’s an attitude that’s far from isolated to him, difference I guess is that he openly admits it’s racism whereas others will say I can’t be racist because I have a mate called Winston while harbouring the same opinions.

skybluetony176

Maybe thousands and thousands of years ago, yes. Those people were pioneers, there is a difference.

The society that we have built and the British culture that we have is now at risk. That is something that was the status quo for a very very long time, and is now being eroded.

Slip of the mask there though, you kind of just admitted you don't think we have a culture and that it might as well be gone.

The commonwealth didn’t really break up until after WW2 so no, not thousands and thousands of years ago. When do you think the Victorian period was out of interest?

British culture has always changed from globalisation. If it hadn’t you’d still be drinking ditchwater and living of a diet of turnips. Everything you or anyone else considers British has it roots almost exclusively from somewhere else.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The commonwealth didn’t really break up until after WW2 so no, not thousands and thousands of years ago. When do you think the Victorian period was out of interest?

British culture has always changed from globalisation. If it hadn’t you’d still be drinking ditchwater and living of a diet of turnips. Everything you or anyone else considers British has it roots almost exclusively from somewhere else.

You hate any kind of British culture.
You don't believe we really have a British culture.
You don't mind what culture we do have getting erased.

This is exactly why 17 million people voted against you. Too bad you still don't get it.

martcov

Your first paragraph fits in nicely with Adolf Hitler’s view on eastern Jews who came as refugees from Russia.

French was the language of our court. Not surprising really as our aristocracy consisted largely of French usurpers from Normandy.

It is still going to be on our blue passports ( Norman French on the cover ) as well.

Actually your views may go back to the same „culture“ that the recently seen Trump supporting „white pendragons“ believe exists. If so you must see everything after 1066 as having eradicated or watered down „our“ culture, language and Saxon traditions.

martcov

This is exactly why 17 million people voted against you. Too bad you still don't get it.

British „culture“ includes accepting refugees and having a tolerant pluralistic society, it is you and a portion of the 17 million quitters, who want to take this from our culture. You don’t get it.

skybluetony176

You’re the one who voted against it not me. I love British culture, which is why I’ve taken the time over the years to study our history and understand the origins of our culture. There’s a reason I can real of things that are traditionally British and explain the history and origins of that tradition to you as I’ve done numerous times to you on this thread. It’s called an education. What you’re spouting is completely contradictory to everything that has made this country as great as it is. Go and learn something about our culture, traditions and origins and then come back and tell me I hate any kind of British culture. The only person here advertising a disdain to British culture is you. You clearly don’t have the intellect to understand that which explains a lot of your half thought out (I’m being charitable there) rants and opinions. They’re based on fantasy and uneducated assumptions.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You’re the one who voted against it not me. I love British culture, which is why I’ve taken the time over the years to study our history and understand the origins of our culture. There’s a reason I can real of things that are traditionally British and explain the history and origins of that tradition to you as I’ve done numerous times to you on this thread. It’s called an education. What you’re spouting is completely contradictory to everything that has made this country as great as it is. Go and learn something about our culture, traditions and origins and then come back and tell me I hate any kind of British culture. The only person here advertising a disdain to British culture is you. You clearly don’t have the intellect to understand that which explains a lot of your half thought out (I’m being charitable there) rants and opinions. They’re based on fantasy and uneducated assumptions.

Ok, now we need to get the straight jacket.

I scoffed at the bit about intellect. I mean, what you are advocating for literally means the end for your people. I think you know that though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Your first paragraph fits in nicely with Adolf Hitler’s view on eastern Jews who came as refugees from Russia.

French was the language of our court. Not surprising really as our aristocracy consisted largely of French usurpers from Normandy.

It is still going to be on our blue passports ( Norman French on the cover ) as well.

Actually your views may go back to the same „culture“ that the recently seen Trump supporting „white pendragons“ believe exists. If so you must see everything after 1066 as having eradicated or watered down „our“ culture, language and Saxon traditions.
British „culture“ includes accepting refugees and having a tolerant pluralistic society, it is you and a portion of the 17 million quitters, who want to take this from our culture. You don’t get it.

No, you don't get it.

Sadly you never will.

skybluetony176

He gets some perverse respect for that, at least!
There’s a new wave of racism and colour doesn’t have anything to do with it for the most part. People are in denial about it, usually those who display it but we should recognise it all the same.

As for my mate I live in hope that he’ll see the error of his ways. It’s all based on paranoia same as “traditional” racism. In truth I’ve known him too long to give up on him so easily although I have to admit that time might come at some point. I don’t like losing friends but racism is something I can’t abide or ignore and ultimately that will be the undoing of forty years of friendship.

Users who are viewing this thread