The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (9 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

Be careful. He will be coming out with fighting talk with you as well.

Tony’s the new Valiant ha ha ha

skybluetony176

What on Earth is Tony droning on about farming subsidies for?

Astute is disagreeing with me by agreeing with what I’ve said and then pretending I said something completely different even though I’ve helped him out by linking everything that I’ve said on it which shows quite clearly that I’ve never said what he’s trying to pretend I said. In short.

Oh, that and “Astute” telling me that farming subsidies have nothing to do with the Common Agricultural Policy like I was telling him as the subsidies come from CAP, I pointed out to him that CAP is an acronym for Common Agricultural Policy which apparently he knew all along but I was still wrong. Maybe there’s more than one Common Agricultural Policy in the EU.

Oh. And it all stemmed from an article “Astute” linked thinking he was proving something (presumably based on a headline) while being blissfully unaware of the details of the article. He actually told me I was wrong when all I had actually done was pretty much quoted from the first paragraph of the article he had linked that was going to “educate” me.

So to recap. Astute brought it up. I quoted the article he presented as proof. Repeating his presented facts made me wrong somehow and then we get four pages of “Astute” pretending I said something I didn’t regardless of how many times you point out to him and link the post with what I actually did say.

He’s your mate. Maybe you can have a word with him.

Grendel

The CAP and it’s subsidy rules actually are the best example of why the EU is a disaster zone.

Originally the brainwave was price fixing but based on production quotas. So farmers got paid for oversupply which shipped abroad and — lowered prices!

Then the dimwits in Brussels changed tack and subsidies ownership of arable land and encouraged non production.

It’s a shambles and in effect a payment to farmers who own the most land. It’s like a step back to feudal times.

Strange Tony supports it

skybluetony176

I don’t understand.

Well it goes to the owner of the Land where there is a farm. James Dyson I assume qualifies because he has a farming business that meets the subsidy rules from the snout in the trough EU

The CAP is a clusterfuck

James Dyson qualifies because his the land owner, as does the queen, National Trust etc.

Astute

I don’t understand.

Well it goes to the owner of the Land where there is a farm. James Dyson I assume qualifies because he has a farming business that meets the subsidy rules from the snout in the trough EU

The CAP is a clusterfuck
But listen to him. It is a farming subsidy :rolleyes:

Grendel

Yes. The rich get millions for being rich.

Whilst the poor farmer who can't afford his own land gets?

The EU CAP spends 80% of its subsidies on around 15% of farm owners. It’s a scandal.

skybluetony176

The CAP and it’s subsidy rules actually are the best example of why the EU is a disaster zone.

Originally the brainwave was price fixing but based on production quotas. So farmers got paid for oversupply which shipped abroad and — lowered prices!

Then the dimwits in Brussels changed tack and subsidies ownership of arable land and encouraged non production.

It’s a shambles and in effect a payment to farmers who own the most land. It’s like a step back to feudal times.

Strange Tony supports it

Where have I said I support it?

If “Astute” had have grown up for five minutes and stop pretending I’d said something that I hadn’t while choosing to have a proper discussion about it instead he would have found out that I feel the same way about many details of the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy as I do about many details of the EU’s Common Fisheries Policy. They’re both largely mental.

Astute

If “Astute” had have grown up for five minutes and stop pretending I’d said something that I hadn’t while choosing to have a proper discussion about it instead he would have found out that I feel the same way about many details of the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy as I do about many details of the EU’s Common Fisheries Policy. They’re both largely mental.
So are you saying that you hadn't constantly gone on about it being a farming subsidy?

Astute

Me grown up. You are the one giving out insults you wouldn't do to my face.

So if you think they are as wrong as I and many others do why do you spend time trying to defend them?

Astute

You need to go back and read where you have contradicted yourself.

skybluetony176

No he owns a farm - if he owned non arable land it would not qualify

As the land owner. Did I say non arable land would qualify? No I didn’t.

The National Trust is also a recipient. Astute struggled with this even though I gave him a link to the NT’s web page where they offer farms to rent. I assume that Astute thought that they only owned non arable land and therefore that means that CAP is not a farming subsidy. He repeatedly asked me to explain that if it was a farming subsidy why do the NT receive it.

The crux of it is is that it is a farming subsidy. The fact that it goes to the land owner and not the tenant (again a point I repeatedly made to him) doesn’t make it something else. The issue is the way it’s distributed not what it is.

Astute

As the land owner. Did I say non arable land would qualify? No I didn’t.

The National Trust is also a recipient. Astute struggled with this even though I gave him a link to the NT’s web page where they offer farms to rent. I assume that Astute thought that they only owned non arable land and therefore that means that CAP is not a farming subsidy. He repeatedly asked me to explain that if it was a farming subsidy why do the NT receive it.

The crux of it is is that it is a farming subsidy. The fact that it goes to the land owner and not the tenant (again a point I repeatedly made to him) doesn’t make it something else. The issue is the way it’s distributed not what it is.
Bollocks again. I gave you the link. The National trust gets the most amount of money.

As I have said you call it a farmers subsidy. But it is a landowners subsidy. Otherwise it would all go to farmers and not rich landowners.

skybluetony176

Me grown up. You are the one giving out insults you wouldn't do to my face.

So if you think they are as wrong as I and many others do why do you spend time trying to defend them?

It was observations not insults. The fact that you’re insulted by them is a good indication of how true those observations are. I wouldn’t know how to identify you to say them to your face. Certainly not by looking for someone with astute qualities.

If you look at every comment I’ve ever made on here about the CFP (that’s an acronym for Common Fisheries Policy by the way) I always always say the same thing. Mental. Like I’ve already said. If you grew up and stopped pretending I’d said something I hadn’t and tried having a grown up conversation instead you would have found out that I’m not pro CAP (that’s an acronym for Common Agricultural Policy by the way) either. Again if I could describe it in one word that word would be mental. It’s a shame that you preferred to pretend I’d said something I didn’t instead, we might actually have agreed on something.

The EU is bigger than the CFP and CAP. I never said that the EU was perfect but despite the CFP and CAP I still maintain that we’re better in than out.

skybluetony176

Bollocks again. I gave you the link. The National trust gets the most amount of money.

As I have said you call it a farmers subsidy. But it is a landowners subsidy. Otherwise it would all go to farmers and not rich landowners.

I never disputed that the NT does get the most amount of money. I made the point that they get it because they are the land owners of farms and gave you a link to the NT sites page where they advertise farms to let. You either never clicked the link or this is still way above your head. I called it a farming subsidy not farmers subsidy. I’ve made this point repeatedly to you now but you still try to misrepresent what I’ve said.

Astute

I never disputed that the NT does get the most amount of money. I made the point that they get it because they are the land owners of farms and gave you a link to the NT sites page where they advertise farms to let. You either never clicked the link or this is still way above your head. I called it a farming subsidy not farmers subsidy. I’ve made this point repeatedly to you now but you still try to misrepresent what I’ve said.
Yet you were saying about farmers getting the money which was going to land owners.

Yet again I put up the link that let you know what goes on. You didn't understand what it was about as you first thought that it backed up your claims. Then you did your normal when you are proven to be wrong and kept off the thread for a couple of days. Then you came up with that link and changed the wording you used.

And after all that you agree with me that it is all wrong with the way they distribute the money. And that was my point you didn't seem to understand. Untold billions are lost each year throughout the EU in this way.

But no lets get away from that point and try to make out that I am wrong even qhen you agree with me.

Astute

I called you a thick prick not a thick c**t. Again you’re defining the opposite of the word Astute. How very ironic of you.
Same difference to me. You yet again were proven to be wrong so you insult me in a way you wouldn't to my face. And there has been more as well.

skybluetony176

Yet you were saying about farmers getting the money which was going to land owners.

Yet again I put up the link that let you know what goes on. You didn't understand what it was about as you first thought that it backed up your claims. Then you did your normal when you are proven to be wrong and kept off the thread for a couple of days. Then you came up with that link and changed the wording you used.

And after all that you agree with me that it is all wrong with the way they distribute the money. And that was my point you didn't seem to understand. Untold billions are lost each year throughout the EU in this way.

But no lets get away from that point and try to make out that I am wrong even qhen you agree with me.

Again defining the opposite of the word astute. How very ironic of you.

skybluetony176

Same difference to me. You yet again were proven to be wrong so you insult me in a way you wouldn't to my face. And there has been more as well.

Again it was an observation not an insult. If you’re insulted it would probably be astute of you to behave in a manor more befitting of the name you’ve given yourself.

Astute

Again it was an observation not an insult. If you’re insulted it would probably be astute of you to behave in a manor more befitting of the name you’ve given yourself.
Which is why I haven't lowered myself to your level and insulted you back at any time.

skybluetony176

Which is why I haven't lowered myself to your level and insulted you back at any time.

You’ve continually claimed I’ve said something completely contrary to what I’ve said. That’s pretty insulting. You’ve also repeatedly called me many variations of racist including fucking racist. Which is very insulting. So don’t play the innocent victim, that wouldn’t be very astute of you. Maybe I should change my username to astute. My observations of you are at least accurate.

Astute

You’ve continually claimed I’ve said something completely contrary to what I’ve said. That’s pretty insulting. You’ve also repeatedly called me many variations of racist including fucking racist. Which is very insulting. So don’t play the innocent victim, that wouldn’t be very astute of you. Maybe I should change my username to astute. My observations of you are at least accurate.
Considering those who constantly agree with you constantly said UKIP voters are racist you never said anything. It took Grendel to bring up previous posts on a different thread where you were proud to have voted UKIP. So they had been calling you a racist and you never said a word. Not even when I pointed out famous black people who backed UKIP. So how does that make you look? Either racist or you didn't want to upset the apple cart by telling them they were wrong.

And that is my point on this thread. UK bad EU good. Even when you know what they are doing is totally wrong. Then it is time not to comment. Yet you ignore the fact that I have a go at all of them. They are all a waste of space and close to being oxygen thieves.

If you wanted an honest debate you would make comments against all sides. But you seriously have to be pushed to make any sort of comment against the EU. But they freely flow against anyone who even sees slight hope with Brexit.

skybluetony176

Considering those who constantly agree with you constantly said UKIP voters are racist you never said anything. It took Grendel to bring up previous posts on a different thread where you were proud to have voted UKIP. So they had been calling you a racist and you never said a word. Not even when I pointed out famous black people who backed UKIP. So how does that make you look? Either racist or you didn't want to upset the apple cart by telling them they were wrong.

And that is my point on this thread. UK bad EU good. Even when you know what they are doing is totally wrong. Then it is time not to comment. Yet you ignore the fact that I have a go at all of them. They are all a waste of space and close to being oxygen thieves.

If you wanted an honest debate you would make comments against all sides. But you seriously have to be pushed to make any sort of comment against the EU. But they freely flow against anyone who even sees slight hope with Brexit.

If you wanted a debate of any nature you wouldn’t have repeatedly called me a fucking racist and repeatedly deliberately misrepresented what I said for something I didn’t say. Like I’ve already said to you, we might have actually agreed on something. It’s impossible to debate with someone when they constantly tell you that you haven’t said something that you repeatedly have said and tell you you’ve said something repeatedly when you haven’t said it at all. For them reasons alone you’ve earned the name calling.

Astute

If you wanted a debate of any nature you wouldn’t have repeatedly called me a fucking racist and repeatedly deliberately misrepresented what I said for something I didn’t say. Like I’ve already said to you, we might have actually agreed on something. It’s impossible to debate with someone when they constantly tell you that you haven’t said something that you repeatedly have said and tell you you’ve said something repeatedly when you haven’t said it at all. For them reasons alone you’ve earned the name calling.
Yes I have had enough of an absolute fucking idiot like you. Have fun I am out. I can't try and talk to an absolute idiot like you forever.

Users who are viewing this thread