The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (8 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evo1883

So having to spend millions processing thousands of extra pieces of paperwork because something that you have no control over and isforced on you equates to bad business decisions? I’d suggest that you’ve failed to understand what they’ve said.

What did they blame redundancies on when they started making them five years ago? Slow down of demand for civics in Europe wasn’t it? Can’t see where they’ve blamed brexit for that. For that reason I still can’t see the relevance.
So they are blaming extra paperwork despite the fact we live in an electronic world lol .
Fuck me whatever next

skybluetony176

So they are blaming extra paperwork despite the fact we live in an electronic world lol .
Fuck me whatever next

Have you ever had to process documents for clearing imports and arrange exports? Everything is paper based. Just so you know I do process shipping documents at work both import and export on a regular basis.

Last edited:

Evo1883

There will be problems on both sides btw , people keep saying Britain will suffer but whatever the effects are on us will be felt around Europe too .
For starters they have to make up around 8 billion net loss from Britain every year

skybluetony176

There will be problems on both sides btw , people keep saying Britain will suffer but whatever the effects are on us will be felt around Europe too .
For starters they have to make up around 8 billion net loss from Britain every year

Of course there will and that’s the problem facing many car manufacturers and other manufacturing industries too. They have components coming in to the U.K. from all over the EU and put them on cars on the production line and then have the same issues send built cars into the EU. That’s invoices in triplicate (at least), packing lists in triplicate, bills of lading in triplicate, maybe a C of O from the chamber, maybe legalisation of invoices from the chamber, maybe a third party inspection from someone like Bureau Beritas (and trust me, that’s a real pain in the ass when required) and all stamped and signed, hence manual paperwork not electronic lol. That will be in both directions as well. Out of interest have you seen how many times a mini engine crosses the channel before it’s fitted on the production line in Oxford? Look it up, you’ll clearly be surprised.

Last edited:

martcov

Peanuts in comparison to the GDP of France or Germany ( and the UK ). That is hardly relevant in the actual coats of Brexit for all concerned. More relevant is the extra bureaucracy caused by Brexit and disruption of supply chains for industry. Yes, we all lose, but the UK percentage wise stands to lose the most GDP. At least in the short term. This is the Brexit mentality. The EU will lose out haha. Great. You’re giving up the right to live and work anywhere in Europe, and the UK loses the negotiating power of the largest trading bloc in the world, and all you can say is that the EU will lose a paltry, in terms of the total EU GDP, 8 billion? Is that the illusive Brexit benefit that we have been asking for? Jesus wept.

Grendel

Peanuts in comparison to the GDP of France or Germany ( and the UK ). That is hardly relevant in the actual coats of Brexit for all concerned. More relevant is the extra bureaucracy caused by Brexit and disruption of supply chains for industry. Yes, we all lose, but the UK percentage wise stands to lose the most GDP. At least in the short term. This is the Brexit mentality. The EU will lose out haha. Great. You’re giving up the right to live and work anywhere in Europe, and the UK loses the negotiating power of the largest trading bloc in the world, and all you can say is that the EU will lose a paltry, in terms of the total EU GDP, 8 billion? Is that the illusive Brexit benefit that we have been asking for? Jesus wept.

Remind me how much trade does the Eu do with the uk?

SkyblueBazza

May doesn’t like it either EU must 'evolve' Irish plans, insists May
Sounds like you’re celebrations were a bit premature Bazza. Never mind, you can always sweep them away under the carpet ;)
Who was celebrating? It is a positive step. A clear sign that they are willing to move on the subject...towards a deal...but despite your NI links, you couldn't stoop to find anything positive. You revert straight to type & salivate because you find a negatice in it.

Take the same approach with all your negatives about Brexit & maybe you will, if you can dare to look hard enough, no doubt find positives

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dutchman

BOB200918-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqx9qSHbeosvxfwsJrZyLDIxx15fifbrVLOQhKQrjCBjo.jpg

martcov

Who was celebrating? It is a positive step. A clear sign that they are willing to move on the subject...towards a deal...but despite your NI links, you couldn't stoop to find anything positive. You revert straight to type & salivate because you find a negatice in it.

Take the same approach with all your negatives about Brexit & maybe you will, if you can dare to look hard enough, no doubt find positives

He should look hard enough? You are the one telling us it’s going to be great in the end. Why don’t you tell Tony the positives as he cannot find them? Would make life easier for Tony and give your views a bit of credence.

skybluetony176

It clearly wasn’t positive to the DUP or May. That being the case it wasn’t positive at all. I would seriously consider Barniers proposal as I can see it would benefit my family. The government and the the crutch that props it won’t though.

Clint keeps ask you to provide positives on the other thread and you can’t. If you can’t find them what makes you think I should when you’re admitting that they’re are non?

skybluetony176

In percentage of total EU trade?

There was a bit on the news about it last night. 7% of all trade from within the EU was the conclusion IIRC. The EU trades more with individual countries outside the EU who there isn’t a free trade agreement with. Which begs the question has the importance of leaving the EU to have free trade agreements been oversold?

martcov

Clear sign that we are willing to move... except for the Brexit fanatics and DUP religious fanatics:

Theresa May to accept checks between Great Britain and Northern Ireland after Brexit in major concession to avoid no-deal

skybluetony176

Clear sign that we are willing to move... except for the Brexit fanatics and DUP religious fanatics:

Theresa May to accept checks between Great Britain and Northern Ireland after Brexit in major concession to avoid no-deal

So we’re back to the pre chequers solution. The one that the DUP rejected wholesale as Northern Ireland must be on an equal footing with the rest of the U.K...

... unless that means pro choice for women...

... or equal rights for the LGBT community.

It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

SkyblueBazza

It clearly wasn’t positive to the DUP or May. That being the case it wasn’t positive at all. I would seriously consider Barniers proposal as I can see it would benefit my family. The government and the the crutch that props it won’t though.

Clint keeps ask you to provide positives on the other thread and you can’t. If you can’t find them what makes you think I should when you’re admitting that they’re are non?

That is the point highlighted again. People on this thread have pointed out positives. They have been ignored or simply dissmissed.
The other thread is simply going down the exact same moaning, negative theme as this one. Clint has simply recycled the same old stuff.

The DUP are taking a hard stand...but were always bound to. Less than 6months ago you guys said there would be no deal. I said there woukd. Think we have moved significNtly closer to one? I suspect that everybody wants a deal & that pretty much anything is better than no-deal.

skybluetony176

That is the point highlighted again. People on this thread have pointed out positives. They have been ignored or simply dissmissed.
The other thread is simply going down the exact same moaning, negative theme as this one. Clint has simply recycled the same old stuff.

The DUP are taking a hard stand...but were always bound to. Less than 6months ago you guys said there would be no deal. I said there woukd. Think we have moved significNtly closer to one? I suspect that everybody wants a deal & that pretty much anything is better than no-deal.

Seems to me that the people who are doing their best to derail Brexit negotiations are the so called European Research Group and the DUP. Remainers are being made the scapegoats though. Apparently some how our negative thoughts and concerns are having some sort of magical ESP effect on brexit. At least 70 people who have a direct effect and a vote on brexit are more intent on derailing it than anyone else.

martcov

Everyone apart from ERG wants a deal. The possibility of no deal is a bargaining posture from May, but policy for Rees Mogg and co.. Nothing to do with „us guys“. We have always said that the hardline will not be accepted by the EU. Not the same as saying there will be no deal.

martcov

Give the positives. We missed them. Apart from blue passports.

SkyblueBazza

Seems to me that the people who are doing their best to derail Brexit negotiations are the so called European Research Group and the DUP. Remainers are being made the scapegoats though. Apparently some how our negative thoughts and concerns are having some sort of magical ESP effect on brexit. At least 70 people who have a direct effect and a vote on brexit are more intent on derailing it than anyone else.
We have gone full circle again then. The noisy ones are merely doing all they can to protect their own self interest...most of them will probably not have the balls to risk all via a no-deal

skybluetony176

We have gone full circle again then. The noisy ones are merely doing all they can to protect their own self interest...most of them will probably not have the balls to risk all via a no-deal

A no deal will suit the DUP. They want a closed border with Ireland because it reaffirms Northern Ireland as part of the U.K. Personally I think it will backfire on them. There’s a whole generation of peace children of working and voting age, many of whom are campaigning for things like LGBT rights and Free Choice rights for women, many of whom aren’t climate change deniers and many of whom either work in the south or rely on a frictionless border for the work they do in the North. The DUP are political dinosaurs and becoming more and more irrelevant in modern Northern Ireland and they know it. They’re having a final throw of the dice with this.

Generations are looking at the south, seeing forward thinking in line with the modern world politics and politics of hope not fear and anger. Every year more of these generations become of age and unlike the DUP don’t want a return to the bad old days.

As for the ERG Rees Mogg has been trying to sell the virtues of a no deal for weeks if not months now.

If you think that these people won’t risk a no deal you’ve severely failed to grasp the situation.

Last edited:

Grendel

That’s why he doesn’t want it.

No it’s not relevant at all.

Martcov has made two statements;

1. The uk contribution is tiny to the Eu as a percentage of GDP
2. The uk will have to revert to WTO terms which will be catastrophic

Well if you actually exchange adjust EU imports into the uk the amount is close to £400 billion (this is from the rather pro Eu full fact by the way)

If you want to talk percentages also it notes our exports to Europe as a percent of the total are declining - 20% lower than 10 years ago.

So £400 billion is going to be sold under WTO terms.

Yet Mart seems to be obsessed with our net contribution figure only. Eu leaders openly acknowledge European jobs and prosperity will be impacted - some significantly - unless a trade arrangement is found.

So of course a solution is always going to be found. Lots of tough talk and sabre rattling and the Brussels bunch may be dumb but even they are not that dumb.

skybluetony176

Well if you actually exchange adjust EU imports into the uk the amount is close to £400 billion (this is from the rather pro Eu full fact by the way)

If you want to talk percentages also it notes our exports to Europe as a percent of the total are declining - 20% lower than 10 years ago.

Yet Mart seems to be obsessed with our net contribution figure only. Eu leaders openly acknowledge European jobs and prosperity will be impacted - some significantly - unless a trade arrangement is found.

So of course a solution is always going to be found. Lots of tough talk and sabre rattling and the Brussels bunch may be dumb but even they are not that dumb.

Why are you replying to me? Mart asked you the question not me. Are you looking for a distraction?

Grendel

Why are you replying to me? Mart asked you the question not me. Are you looking for a distraction?

How is that a distraction I’m sure Mart will see it. Why do you think percentage is so important Tony?

martcov

One out of two correct. You’re getting better.

8bn is peanuts in comparison to the EU GDP.

No deal would be a disaster. But, I have not said that it is inevitable. ERG wants it. DUP may Force it. May may use it as a bargaining chip, but take out ERG and DUP and there will be a deal on the table for the „people’s vote“ of a do or die general election.

Leave was at it’s peak in 2016. The demographics will swing the country to remain in less than a generation. It is the same as Tony says for Northern Ireland. NI being even more advanced towards EU and reunification. You can squeal, make things up, bully, intimidate, but the young generation will reverse Brexit if it ever gets through. Bazza and Rees Mogg‘s „it will be booming when you’re dead“ based on nothing other than wishful thinking is just pure bollocks. It convinces no one except Brexit loons who lap it up without even bothering to question it.

SkyblueBazza

A no deal will suit the DUP. They want a closed border with Ireland because it reaffirms Northern Ireland as part of the U.K. Personally I think it will backfire on them. There’s a whole generation of peace children of working and voting age, many of whom are campaigning for things like LGBT rights and Free Choice rights for women, many of whom aren’t climate change deniers and many of whom either work in the south or rely on a frictionless border for the work they do in the North. The DUP are political dinosaurs and becoming more and more irrelevant in modern Northern Ireland and they know it. They’re having a final throw of the dice with this.

Generations are looking at the south, seeing forward thinking in line with the modern world politics and politics of hope not fear and anger. Every year more of these generations become of age and unlike the DUP don’t want a return to the bad old days.

As for the ERG Rees Mogg has been trying to sell the virtues of a no deal for weeks if not months now.

If you think that these people won’t risk a no deal you’ve severely failed to grasp the situation.

Or maybe there is simply lots of empty rhetoric from most. RM is 1 vote...there are likely to be loads of Lib Dems & Labour & Tory abstentions or voting with the deal...so stop wetting yourself

martcov

You are two peas in a pod...doesn't matter what one says - the other laps it up...so doesn't matter which one is answered lol

Try answering Clint then. He has been waiting a couple of days now for you to tell him the benefits of Brexit. That is fact supported not belief supported.

skybluetony176

Or maybe there is simply lots of empty rhetoric from most. RM is 1 vote...there are likely to be loads of Lib Dems & Labour & Tory abstentions or voting with the deal...so stop wetting yourself

There are 60 members of the ERG who all oppose the chequers plan and then 10 DUP MP’s. It’s not unreasonable to think that there is more than a distinct possibility that 70 MP’s from the “home” team are going to reject the governments final brexit deal when it goes before Parliament. That’s before you even factor in the “away” team. Certain leave backers are more than willing to score an own goal on this.

Ashdown

There will be a deal now I think, it won't be along the lines that many thought Brexit would be and personally I will wonder if any of it was really worth it. All that said I think TM has gone for a relatively soft option and therefore will now have drawn a line in the sand, if the EU continue to frustrate even this option then I think we will walk away now and the likes of Barnier are starting to realise this now. At the end of the day nobody wanted to fall out with European neighbours and destroy mutual trade and supply chains. The EU have been very clever { devious } over the last 40 years to force their roots into all aspects of daily life, to make them very difficult to remove.

clint van damme

I wouldn't need to if you answered me, you just keep churning out empty rhetoric. Re read your posts for proof.

I'll start you off - Clint, you're wrong about the negative effects of trading under WTO rules in the event of a no deal, it will actually be of benefit because..........over to you Baz.

martcov

There will be a deal now I think, it won't be along the lines that many thought Brexit would be and personally I will wonder if any of it was really worth it. All that said I think TM has gone for a relatively soft option and therefore will now have drawn a line in the sand, if the EU continue to frustrate even this option then I think we will walk away now and the likes of Barnier are starting to realise this now. At the end of the day nobody wanted to fall out with European neighbours and destroy mutual trade and supply chains. The EU have been very clever { devious } over the last 40 years to force their roots into all aspects of daily life, to make them very difficult to remove.

We are part of the EU, and have been for over 40 years. Why talk in the third person as if had nothing to do with setting roots in daily life?

Users who are viewing this thread