The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (6 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

Ireland does. There is a veto right which they the UK and Luxembourg hide behind.

So we can have as low a tax as we want with no breach of Eu laws?

martcov

Good reason to leave the Eu - who wants to me part of a cosy club that includes that c**t

It also includes Gerrard Batten and Nigel Farage. That’s life, but no one leaves the EU because a democratically elected head of state is there. The EU has a mechanism to sanction these people when they take away rights from their population. Says a lot when the British ruling party is the only ruling party in the EU to vote against these sanctions - whilst their Westminster colleagues revel in Corbyn‘s, in relation, minor transgressions. Pathetic.

Grendel

Apparently. Luxembourg and Ireland are under pressure, but have veto rights. That’s why Macron wants an EU finance minister. No one wins in a race tomthe bottom.

So there is no minimum level Mart under EU regulations?

Grendel

Also Mart let’s say a political party in the uk wanted to reduce VAT to 10% - is that allowed?

Grendel

I look forward to VAT being abolished next March.

So does the Eu have fiscal control or not? Mart says none whatsoever- do you agree?

SkyblueBazza

Does this not highlight a potential issue post-Brexit with all sorts of negotiations. We will be negotiating agreement B based on our requirements with having agreement A in place. What if something then happens to agreement A?
That is an issue whether in or out of the EU...the EU changes it's rules (bases upon agreement) sometimes too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

So does the Eu have fiscal control or not? Mart says none whatsoever- do you agree?
There are rules, although in reality I doubt much would happen if we were to break them.

That being said the chances of any party in power wanting to cut VAT to a level below that allowed by the EU is practically zero so its not really worth worrying about.

martcov

No 48% in your previous You Gov poll said they had no interest in Brexit!

There is not one poll that exists that includes the not interested that says there is a majority in favour of a second referendum

Stop lying

Now you are darting between polls and ignoring what I said.

martcov

No 48% in your previous You Gov poll said they had no interest in Brexit!

There is not one poll that exists that includes the not interested that says there is a majority in favour of a second referendum

Stop lying

You are the one who said that there were not more saying the decision was wrong according to YouGov.

Grendel

No. I think not, but am not sure. I thought you were on about corporation tax.

So when you said there are no fiscal restrictions you lied

Ok

Grendel

You are the one who said that there were not more saying the decision was wrong according to YouGov.

There wasn’t you delusional lunatic as half those polled had no opinion whatsoever!

Also for one just answer yes or no - in the same poll those who had a view still said they supported leaving the EU

YES or NO?

Grendel

There are rules, although in reality I doubt much would happen if we were to break them.

That being said the chances of any party in power wanting to cut VAT to a level below that allowed by the EU is practically zero so its not really worth worrying about.

Oh dear - deflector shields on red alert

Grendel

Obviously not or people on here wouldn’t be talking about EU „ bullying tactics „ or „ dictats“.

They would Mart as that’s a fact - no doubt you and your family has stamped and trodden on the hapless Greeks and have giggles about how you abuse them so you can live your cosy little life

martcov

They would Mart as that’s a fact - no doubt you and your family has stamped and trodden on the hapless Greeks and have giggles about how you abuse them so you can live your cosy little life

That’s it. Conclusive proof that you have finally snapped. Absolute madness. Crazy. You have posted some crap before, but this takes the biscuit. You’re up there with your acolyte, SkyBlueBazza, with his recent dumb post of the year.

Last edited:

martcov

Ok

Did I say that? I don’t think I did. If I did, it was in a conversation about corporation tax. Not about VAT. Tony told you we could reduce VAT by a quarter under existing rules. Maybe you should ask him about that. Maybe you should read my link about the Irish attitude to their low corporation tax which the EU hasn’t been able to stop. Yet, as they need agreement. Which post did I say there are no fiscal restrictions? The conversation was about the UK, in the EU discussions, mentioning it would cut taxes. Corporation tax being the most relevant if they are competing with the EU. An example of that is Astute‘s criticism against Luxemburg doing deals with international concerns.

martcov

Ok

No. I don’t think I ever said that. As regards corporation tax which I was talking about, here is the list:

List of Countries by Corporate Tax Rate | Europe

All finance EU ministers agreed on a minimum VAT rate of 15% with a rule for 2 exceptions.

All agreed, before you or your acolyte say it was an evil EU dictat.

The EU seeks agreement on corporation tax and has yet to get it.

SkyblueBazza

Honda showing concerns now over a no deal brexit Honda: No-deal Brexit 'would cost millions'
And there we go...says it all. One of the biggest stumbling blocks according you & your team was the NI border.
Barnier indicates the EU gives ground on it to help the proceedings & you all hate it. Sweep it under the carpet. Focus on the next available scare story instead, eh???

martcov

And there we go...says it all. One of the biggest stumbling blocks according you & your team was the NI border.
Barnier indicates the EU gives ground on it to help the proceedings & you all hate it. Sweep it under the carpet. Focus on the next available scare story instead, eh???

The DUP are already uo in arms about Barnier's suggestion. Long way away from the UK accepting it. Seeing as you sweep everything under the carpet, you have nothing to say on that subject.

skybluetony176

I’m so concerned about the NI border because my family is from Northern Ireland and a border town too. It’s going to take a direct effect on my family and their future. When a solution to the border happens I’ll breath a sigh of relief.

Evo1883

That’s relevant why?

It’s relevent because these companies are using Brexit as a reason for their companies falling apart , when the reality is that bad business decisions long before Brexit became a thing and whilst we were firmly a member of the EU are more to blame

skybluetony176

It’s relevent because these companies are using Brexit as a reason for their companies falling apart , when the reality is that bad business decisions long before Brexit became a thing and whilst we were firmly a member of the EU are more to blame

So having to spend millions processing thousands of extra pieces of paperwork because something that you have no control over and isforced on you equates to bad business decisions? I’d suggest that you’ve failed to understand what they’ve said.

What did they blame redundancies on when they started making them five years ago? Slow down of demand for civics in Europe wasn’t it? Can’t see where they’ve blamed brexit for that. For that reason I still can’t see the relevance.

Users who are viewing this thread