The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (29 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astute

It’s not an opinion. In Japan it’s well acknowledged and they even have a word for an unfortunate event caused by overworking. Go and have a look and see if you can educate yourself on Japanese working environment and side effects. You won’t have to look hard. I’ll give you a clue of where to start looking, that’s what a nice guy I am. One well known YouTuber recently found himself in the news for all the wrong reasons for visiting a forest where this unfortunate side effect happens on a regular basis, filmed what he found and then posted it on line. Start there.
But was my comment about Japan?

Of course it wasn't.

Then you accuse me of twisting words :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Astute

I am quoting from a preamble to the TPP. Not my words. Those are the aims of TPP.
Do you agree with Tony that all rights will be lowered in countries involved to the level of Vietnam?

Astute

You're getting confused between a trade agreement and the internal workings of the country making the agreement.
Nobody is getting confused. They are trying to confuse as they don't like the idea of the UK being offered a deal.

martcov

Beyond listening to your pro EU crap. You haven't got a clue what you are going on about. Or you do but are making it up as you go along as long as it sounds bad for the UK.

What are you on about? The Japanese have said they will help us reduce the damage caused by Brexit. In their own interests they can make the TPP more attractive than it is at the moment. Does that sound better than having had the second best economy in the G7 whilst in the EU? Or does it sound not as good? It sounds not as good to me, so that means I am trying to make it sound bad for the UK?

Astute

skybluetony176

But was my comment about Japan?

Of course it wasn't.

Then you accuse me of twisting words :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You jumped in on a conversation I was having with another poster about working standards in Japan. Maybe it was over your head. Everything else is so that seems likely.

Astute

The deal is not as good as what we had. I don’t like that. Sorry. You obviously do...
So show me where I have said that.

You can't. Because I haven't.

So are you lying or just twisting the truth?

Astute

You jumped in on a conversation I was having with another poster about working standards in Japan. Maybe it was over your head. Everything else is so that seems likely.
Did I?

Fuck me. You lot are so pissed off that other countries want deals with the UK that you are prepared to lie and twist the truth constantly.

martcov

So show me where I have said that.

You can't. Because I haven't.

So are you lying or just twisting the truth?

You are complaining that we don’t like a worse deal than the SM and CU in Europe, where our country is, and are playing up a worse alternative in the Pacific.

Astute

You are complaining that we don’t like a worse deal than the SM and CU in Europe, where our country is, and are playing up a worse alternative in the Pacific.
Show me where then.

Or is it more lies.

martcov

Did I?

Fuck me. You lot are so pissed off that other countries want deals with the UK that you are prepared to lie and twist the truth constantly.

Who is pissed off? Just amazed that you are playing a relatively weak offer up as a fantastic sign. Bit like a religion. The promised land on the horizon.

Astute

The advanced talks with the TPP? That it is just a trade deal?
So they don't have talks on a trade deal?

As I said I think talks have been going on. But Japan needs us to have a trade deal with the EU. So they put the pressure on by announcing it in public. Japan has a lot of money ey invested in the UK.

Now explain the crap you have come out with.

Astute

Who is pissed off? Just amazed that you are playing a relatively weak offer up as a fantastic sign. Bit like a religion. The promised land on the horizon.
Yet again show me where I have said it or admit that you are lying.

martcov

Show me where then.

Or is it more lies.

No you said we are pissed off that countries want deals with us. We are „ pissed off „ ( your claim ) that the deal you praise is worse than what we had. You presumably think otherwise or you would be for remain.

skybluetony176

Not at all.

So why is it good that the EU has poor countries but not anyone else?

This shows how poor your efforts are.

You’re very poorly attempting to compare a non democratic single state party country like Vietnam where the average wage is €25 a week and average holiday allowance is 12 days a year to a countries in the EU which has a democratically elected governments, average wages are between €128-€195 a week and average holiday entertainments are 20 days a year plus public holidays. You’ve lost the plot.

Grendel

Japan is already a suppressive working environment with long hours and stagnant wages. Even then it probably won’t effect Japan as much as other members. Vietnam isn’t the only poor country in the TPP. Also your alternative view is that you think that a one party state developing country like Vietnam is going to be forced to do anything. A minimum standard of working and environmental standards will be set and the bar will be set very low. It will have to be.

Again I think you already understand this and you’re just trying to be a smart arse. Still nice of you to give astute a token hand.

Tony japan have very positive labour laws. Wage stagnation is entirely due to the ILI they operate.

Have you ever worked in japan at all Tony?

skybluetony176

Did I?

Yes you did. I’d invite you to read back but we’ve long established that isn’t your mo so I won’t waste my breath.

Grendel

Tony please don’t tell me that primark, gap and next do not exploit slave labour in the Far East.

martcov

More important is what the report says. Basically slams Brexit and Trump. Still Selmayr, Juncker and fish justify the hurt to the world economy... and in particular our own....

'An increase in trade barriers would disrupt global supply chains, which have become an integral part of production processes in the past decades, and slow the spread of new technologies, ultimately lowering global productivity and welfare.

'It would also make tradable consumer goods less affordable, harming low-income households disproportionately.'“.

Still, all is not lost, Japan wants us...in the TPP

Astute

No you said we are pissed off that countries want deals with us. We are „ pissed off „ ( your claim ) that the deal you praise is worse than what we had. You presumably think otherwise or you would be for remain.
Yes you are. You have constantly said it would take years to get even close to a deal with anyone.

But you should be used to being proved wrong. It happens constantly.

martcov

So they don't have talks on a trade deal?

As I said I think talks have been going on. But Japan needs us to have a trade deal with the EU. So they put the pressure on by announcing it in public. Japan has a lot of money ey invested in the UK.

Now explain the crap you have come out with.

You think...

Japan and the EU are due to ratify their deal in the new year. It’s already done.

Astute

You’re very poorly attempting to compare a non democratic single state party country like Vietnam where the average wage is €25 a week and average holiday allowance is 12 days a year to a countries in the EU which has a democratically elected governments, average wages are between €128-€195 a week and average holiday entertainments are 20 days a year plus public holidays. You’ve lost the plot.
You said all the other countries would lower their rights towards what the rights of Vietnam are.

It is there in black and white. And strangely enough I even guessed what you would say just before you did. That is how poor your efforts are.

Astute

You think...

Japan and the EU are due to ratify their deal in the new year. It’s already done.
And they are all going to lower their standards to that of Romania?

Ask Tony what he thinks.

Astute

More important is what the report says. Basically slams Brexit and Trump. Still Selmayr, Juncker and fish justify the hurt to the world economy... and in particular our own....

'An increase in trade barriers would disrupt global supply chains, which have become an integral part of production processes in the past decades, and slow the spread of new technologies, ultimately lowering global productivity and welfare.

'It would also make tradable consumer goods less affordable, harming low-income households disproportionately.'“.

Still, all is not lost, Japan wants us...in the TPP
And as usual you ignore the part that doesn't look good for the EU. I am in shock....

skybluetony176

Tony japan have very positive labour laws. Wage stagnation is entirely due to the ILI they operate.

Have you ever worked in japan at all Tony?

They really don’t. It’s been big news recently for all the wrong reasons. One word for you Karōshi. Now I’ve looked into it a bit more wages aside Vietnam and Japan’s working practices in terms of working hours, forced unpaid overtime and holiday entitlement are not that far apart.

Users who are viewing this thread