The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (40 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skybluetony176

Considering the position she has been in, I'm not sure what else she could have in terms of the deal. The likes of JRM are all mouth, they have offered no viable solution for anything and just run their mouths off.

They’re also (as Ken Clarke has just pointed out) in the minority. A vote of no confidence followed by a leadership contest is likely to finish in no change at the top.

ccfc92

Who would have been your choice then? I wonder why the likes of Johnson and Gove have never wanted to accept ownership of it?

I genuinely don't know. Like I said, the whole process has been a disaster.

There should have been more planning etc before the vote on who would/could takeover. Cameron shouldn't have been so arrogant to assume it would be a Remain victory.

Sick Boy

There should have been more planning etc before the vote on who would/could takeover. Cameron shouldn't have been so arrogant to assume it would be a Remain victory.

I agree the whole thing has been a national embarrassment. The lack of planning pretty referendum and inaction between the vote and A50 has been a joke. And don't get me started on the incompetence of the likes of Davis and Raab. It truly is shocking.

clint van damme

There definitely should have been a lot more thought and planning put in before triggering article 50, (cue Corbyn voted to trigger article 50 comments!)

Grendel

when he's trying to get us a deal that will do the least amount of damage to trade and the economy, then yes it does.
Ditto Davis not knowing that you couldn't do individual trade deals with the remaining 27 EU countries.

It's incompetence of the highest order and you know it, saying so doesn't mean you're endorsing Corbyn, it's just recognising rank mediocrity.

Corbyn would end freedom of movement and cut all ties with Brussels in an instant. His view is that he wants public ownership of most manufacturing and commanding heights utilities and will never want any interference from Brussels.

He’d want his own fiscal strategy and his own tariff and protection control

He would see a hard Brexit as the way forward if in power

Captain Dart

Certainly her resilience is admirable. But her command of reality suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Limpet woman
images

SIR ERNIE

Corbyn would end freedom of movement and cut all ties with Brussels in an instant. His view is that he wants public ownership of most manufacturing and commanding heights utilities and will never want any interference from Brussels.

Exactly. Thought it was hilarious the way they were singing Corbyn's name at the Losers march.

Corbyn = Rees Mogg on the EU

clint van damme

Exactly. Thought it was hilarious the way they were singing Corbyn's name at the Losers march.

I get your point. Though I don't think Cornyn will move an investment fund to Dublin to take advantage of the chaos he's helped create in the UK while hypocritically maintaining all the advantages of being in the EU.

Nick

Administrator

Do they still sing that? They need to get a grip. Bell ends.

Bet he has never done much on a cold Tuesday night in stoke.

Astute

Not changing anything. You’ve just failed to understand what I said in the first place. Do you think that when I talk about the infrastructure that the economy demands I was being selective and only talking about the economy created only by people born in the U.K.? Maybe you thought I meant only the economy created by people living and working here from other parts of the EU? I was of course just talking about the economy and the demands of the economy. A single entity. Successive governments over decades have failed to invest in the infrastructure required to fulfill our growing economy whether you’ve lived here all your life or arrived last week. The economy demands that you’re here, it’s successive governments that have failed to invest in the infrastructure for everyone here. I really can’t dumb it down anymore for you so if you still don’t understand what I’ve said I’m out.
Do you always fail to understand what I have said or do you just play at being thick so you can point score?

So you have finally admitted that having freedom of movement makes the severe housing shortage worse. But if anyone mentions the fact you say they are against freedom of movement.

As I have said countless times it is a good idea. But it also creates problems. Like in Romania where up to 25% of the population have left in recent years. Housing shortages like in the UK are exasperated. Right wing parties start getting more votes than ever before. And the very sore point for you......millions voted Brexit because of it.

Yet you try to make out it is all good. And mentioning the down sides of it doesn't mean you are against it in principle.

SBAndy

Which ironically puts him quite close to your political position.

skybluetony176

Do you always fail to understand what I have said or do you just play at being thick so you can point score?

So you have finally admitted that having freedom of movement makes the severe housing shortage worse. But if anyone mentions the fact you say they are against freedom of movement.

As I have said countless times it is a good idea. But it also creates problems. Like in Romania where up to 25% of the population have left in recent years. Housing shortages like in the UK are exasperated. Right wing parties start getting more votes than ever before. And the very sore point for you......millions voted Brexit because of it.

Yet you try to make out it is all good. And mentioning the down sides of it doesn't mean you are against it in principle.

Yeah you’ve still spectacularly failed to grasp the very simple point I’ve made. I’m out, you can talk bollocks to yourself.

Astute

Yeah you’ve still spectacularly failed to grasp the very simple point I’ve made. I’m out, you can talk bollocks to yourself.
Yes a very simple point. Yet you can't ever understand one point I make that you don't like.

skybluetony176

If what’s being said on question time is correct there’s 84 letters of no confidence been delivered. Got a feeling tomorrow could be even more dramatic than today. Still not convinced she’ll end up going though.

Gazolba

<snip>

As I have said countless times it is a good idea. But it also creates problems. Like in Romania where up to 25% of the population have left in recent years. Housing shortages like in the UK are exasperated. <snip>
I'm in favour of freedom of movement, so long as for each person that comes in, someone else has to leave.
An increasing population is never a good idea for the simple fact that it is unsustainable.

skybluetony176

I'm in favour of freedom of movement, so long as for each person that comes in, someone else has to leave.
An increasing population is never a good idea for the simple fact that it is unsustainable.

Are we going to control procreations or bring in euthanasia then? Roughly speaking about 200k more people a year are born than die, if you’re going to have a one in one out policy where are we going to draw the line?

Not sure an increasing population is unsustainable either, look at China. They’ve lifted their one child policy because it’s not sustainable for their economy.

Sick Boy

If what’s being said on question time is correct there’s 84 letters of no confidence been delivered. Got a feeling tomorrow could be even more dramatic than today. Still not convinced she’ll end up going though.

That was hilarious at times, it is hard to believe that Dimbleby is 80, he's so sharp.

clint van damme

the problem is we need an expanding population to increase tax income and fund care and services for the increasingly aging population. This is going to be one of the big political issues in the next few decades.

Astute

the problem is we need an expanding population to increase tax income and fund care and services for the increasingly aging population. This is going to be one of the big political issues in the next few decades.
But today's workers are the futures pensioners. If they have paid their taxes they need to be looked after. That is what our system is designed for. Then they have earned their pension.

The big question is where does it end.

clint van damme

But today's workers are the futures pensioners. If they have paid their taxes they need to be looked after. That is what our system is designed for. Then they have earned their pension.

The big question is where does it end.

Exactly. I believe that eventually we will need to total rethink on the way society funds itself.
I think we're talking about the next couple of decades as well, it's not far away.

skybluetony176

Approximately the same number born to immigrant parents!

Are you quoting the Steven Wolfe figure that he later admitted was completely fictitious? Not that it matters anyway because the 200k difference has been like that for decades so the only thing it proves is that free movement hasn’t effected a long standing statistic in Britain that 200k more people are born in the U.K. every year than die. I would guess that’s because immigrants also die in the U.K.

Astute

Exactly. I believe that eventually we will need to total rethink on the way society funds itself.
I think we're talking about the next couple of decades as well, it's not far away.
I agree. We have done without big holidays. I only have older cars. Nice but older. My next buy will be about 7 years old. And will save about 60k from new. But it will be reliable and rust free. All the money I save goes to our retirement fund.

Or I can rent a new car....or lease as it is known these days and spend thousands on something that will never be mine. And when the lease is up look at getting another one as I will have lost thousands and have nothing to show for it. I could go on holiday where I have to hide from the heat as I have kids. I could try to outdo the neighbours but spend a fortune doing so.

This is what makes me laugh. People that waste money then moan they are skint. So skint they can't save for their old age. And getting past this mentality won't be easy.

Then you have those who genuinely can't afford to save for their older years.

clint van damme

I agree. We have done without big holidays. I only have older cars. Nice but older. My next buy will be about 7 years old. And will save about 60k from new. But it will be reliable and rust free. All the money I save goes to our retirement fund.

Or I can rent a new car....or lease as it is known these days and spend thousands on something that will never be mine. And when the lease is up look at getting another one as I will have lost thousands and have nothing to show for it. I could go on holiday where I have to hide from the heat as I have kids. I could try to outdo the neighbours but spend a fortune doing so.

This is what makes me laugh. People that waste money then moan they are skint. So skint they can't save for their old age. And getting past this mentality won't be easy.

Then you have those who genuinely can't afford to save for their older years.

There is getting enough money to fund retirement, (I think we're heading to the point where they are in the States where there are people who don't earn enough to fund retirement so have to carry on working), and then there is the potential health care costs, I think it's the health care which will be a real issue. The number of over 85s due to increase hugely in the next 10 to 15 years.

Users who are viewing this thread