The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (31 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chiefdave

Looks like they've reached the required number of letters of no confidence.

Astute

I always buy after someone else has paid for a chunk of depreciation then run them for a good few years.
Just got a 3 year old car after getting rid of a 17 year old (and perfectly serviceable car) I had for 12 years.
You still need to budget £500 to £1000 pa to replace the car eventually but the key to affordable is rather too boring for some, don't buy a large, sporty or prestige car.
I only have 2 road cars ATM. Paid £1,500 for each of them. One was an absolute bargain that was going cheap. The person didn't know they had the top of the range and sold it for the price of a basic one. They were surprised to see that there was a DVD player in the top of the glove box and screens being the headrest covers. Picked that up when we played Exeter from Hemel Hempstead. And the other one was a Saab convertible in what they call yellow...But is acid green. Had to go to Carlisle for that one.

I don't like flash cars. But I like nice cars. Now I am a bit older I just want an ordinary looking car. I have been after a W12 Phaeton with low mileage for a few years. Just about given up now. So have decided to get just the 3ltr. It has all the luxury but a VW badge. And with the VW badge comes a massive depreciation. Will be my most expensive car by far. But will keep it until I retire. Will pay around 10k for the right one. Not even what someone will have paid for the extras it has.

Sick Boy

It's unlikely it changes that much after a single generation. We know for a fact that 55% of London's population are now of non-British descent.

Obviously, since the official report I quoted cites Poles as having the highest birthrate. Romanians are well up there too in third place.

Perhaps British people just have unusually low birthrates then?

Both of my parents are non-British and my girlfriend is an immigrant, yet my parents have 2 children and I have none. Come to think of it, I don't know anyone who is of 'non-British descent' and has been slowly building a mini-army either.

Sick Boy

I only have 2 road cars ATM. Paid £1,500 for each of them. One was an absolute bargain that was going cheap. The person didn't know they had the top of the range and sold it for the price of a basic one. They were surprised to see that there was a DVD player in the top of the glove box and screens being the headrest covers. Picked that up when we played Exeter from Hemel Hempstead. And the other one was a Saab convertible in what they call yellow...But is acid green. Had to go to Carlisle for that one.

I don't like flash cars. But I like nice cars. Now I am a bit older I just want an ordinary looking car. I have been after a W12 Phaeton with low mileage for a few years. Just about given up now. So have decided to get just the 3ltr. It has all the luxury but a VW badge. And with the VW badge comes a massive depreciation. Will be my most expensive car by far. But will keep it until I retire. Will pay around 10k for the right one. Not even what someone will have paid for the extras it has.

I will have the joy of driving an ancient Fiat Uno for the first month in Italy, it is probably over 20 years old :)

Grappa

I will have the joy of driving an ancient Fiat Uno for the first month in Italy, it is probably over 20 years old :)

Probably for the best. We split our holiday this year, one week in Menorca, one in Sardinia. Me and my mrs take turns driving the hire-car so before we got to Italy (she'd never been before) I told her that Italians are far more aggressive drivers than Spaniards. 'You can't stereotype people like that' she said, 'that's racist'. Half an hour after picking up the car at the airport she's like 'oh my fucking god!'.
I'd deffo have an old battered car if I was living there.

Astute

My all time favourite car is a Fiat. About the same age too. A little bit faster though :smuggrin:

Astute

Probably for the best. We split our holiday this year, one week in Menorca, one in Sardinia. Me and my mrs take turns driving the hire-car so before we got to Italy (she'd never been before) I told her that Italians are far more aggressive drivers than Spaniards. 'You can't stereotype people like that' she said, 'that's racist'. Half an hour after picking up the car at the airport she's like 'oh my fucking god!'.
Even the women can get aggressive. I like driving something that looks slow but isn't in Italy. They detest getting burned off at the lights even if they have something well underpowered.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
the brexiteers are saying renegotiate and appoint a new PM because they have no confidence in this one. This all takes time, and if the 27 EU members have approved the deal on the table then that is going to be the deal they will stick to isnt it? There is no incentive for them to compromise further because a group of MP's anti EU say so, they trust their negotiation team to get the best deal possible. Will surely mean we are going to be hitting the no deal brexit scenario in 125 days from now doesnt it? Similarly how do Labour think they have time to have a general election and to renegotiate before 19 March 2019 or believe that the EU 27 will be happy to negotiate something more favourable to the UK?

There are 316 Conservative MP's currently it has been a struggle to get 48 to challenge the PM. In my mind points towards the real problem here, political arrogance coupled with taking little responsibility in the national interest. It is the pursuit of power cold and simple. But equally on the labour side it is hard to understand what their stand point is other than "we want a general election" - it takes a minimum of 25 days, parliament is dissolved during that time, government cant get much done, and requires a 2/3 majority of MP's to set it off. Why would the EU renegotiate everything for Labour? Neither side are proving themselves fit for office and certainly not when the national interest is in desperate need

Not saying we have a good deal but somewhere someplace people and MP's in particular have got to wake up to some realism - far too much political egotism going on. There seems to be a sense of arrogance from many of the loudest voices in this debacle without taking any responsibility or actually bringing forward a workable plan that is viable and acceptable to both sides. It isnt any good saying it will be a canada plus, a norway type or toytown treat agreement if it isnt actually of interest to the other side. To put those forward really means no Brexit deal come March 2019.

It seems far too few are capable of actually looking at what is before them or looking at things from the other side. The longer this farce goes on the more damage both major parties are doing to UK

Such a mess! :mad::mad::mad:

Sick Boy

Even the women can get aggressive. I like driving something that looks slow but isn't in Italy. They detest getting burned off at the lights even if they have something well underpowered.

My girlfriend got a letter through the post from the police a couple of years ago over here for tailgating, she tore it up in a rage and then put it in an envelope addressed to the local police. I offered to post it for her, needless to say it went in the bin.

Sick Boy

I've been a passenger over there with my other half doing 160 km p/h inches away from the other car's bumper while somehow talking on the phone and applying make-up at the same time.

skybluetony176

I see Rees-Mogg, Davies, Boris and the rest of their cronies are saying it will be next week now to get the 48 letters, last night they had 84 apparently. If this doesn’t confirm what a bunch of self interested, lying, back stabbing bunch of snakes they are then I don’t know what will. I wouldn’t trust any of them to babysit my kids so why would I trust any of them to run the country? For all her faults (and she has plenty) I would at least trust May to babysit my children.

skybluetony176

Who has written no confidence letters?

Just reading this article and despite the talk of there being 48 letters plus at least a dozen, then last night claims that 84 had been sent and it turns out that 48 hasn’t been reached and in fact only 21 MP’s have confirmed that they have sent letters it begs a question.

Have we just witnessed an attempted coup by bullshit? At this moment in time it looks like certain sections of the Conservative party have tried to bullshit a resignation from the PM.

martcov

the brexiteers are saying renegotiate and appoint a new PM because they have no confidence in this one. This all takes time, and if the 27 EU members have approved the deal on the table then that is going to be the deal they will stick to isnt it? There is no incentive for them to compromise further because a group of MP's anti EU say so, they trust their negotiation team to get the best deal possible. Will surely mean we are going to be hitting the no deal brexit scenario in 125 days from now doesnt it? Similarly how do Labour think they have time to have a general election and to renegotiate before 19 March 2019 or believe that the EU 27 will be happy to negotiate something more favourable to the UK?

There are 316 Conservative MP's currently it has been a struggle to get 48 to challenge the PM. In my mind points towards the real problem here, political arrogance coupled with taking little responsibility in the national interest. It is the pursuit of power cold and simple. But equally on the labour side it is hard to understand what their stand point is other than "we want a general election" - it takes a minimum of 25 days, parliament is dissolved during that time, government cant get much done, and requires a 2/3 majority of MP's to set it off. Why would the EU renegotiate everything for Labour? Neither side are proving themselves fit for office and certainly not when the national interest is in desperate need

Not saying we have a good deal but somewhere someplace people and MP's in particular have got to wake up to some realism - far too much political egotism going on. There seems to be a sense of arrogance from many of the loudest voices in this debacle without taking any responsibility or actually bringing forward a workable plan that is viable and acceptable to both sides. It isnt any good saying it will be a canada plus, a norway type or toytown treat agreement if it isnt actually of interest to the other side. To put those forward really means no Brexit deal come March 2019.

It seems far too few are capable of actually looking at what is before them or looking at things from the other side. The longer this farce goes on the more damage both major parties are doing to UK

Such a mess! :mad::mad::mad:

Whatever deal we have will not be better than now. The EU said that at the beginning. No member state will accept a third country having a better deal than a member. Brexit is a promise of trade deals all over the world, better than can be had via the EU. It will take years to complete if it ever happens. The rhetoric was about an EU army ( not a bad idea, but unlikely to happen in the next few years and we have a veto anyway ), a EUSSR or US of E, or a 4. Reich, or the islamification of the EU by Merkel, and Juncker, Selmayr and co as bogeymen.

Basically BS. If we had voted Remain, life would be carrying on and the UK would be doing great and not have this shadow over it. Problems like benefits abuse or criminal EU citizens would be being resolved over time via Brussels with us and Germany pushing for a solution.

The country wouldn’t be split and the liars and demagogues would be back on the extreme of political life.

But we are where we are. Any deal is better than no deal.

martcov

The UK wouldn't exist any more, it would be a vassal territory of the EU superstate, just as Holland is right now.

Vassal state is an antiquated expression. It is not accurate, but comes from the vocabulary of Eton and Oxford scholars. Remain would have been a better deal. For us, but the rises and falls of stocks and currencies are great for people in the know. Read this about Mogg‘s partner, previously married to Murdoch‘s daughter. Note his objections to the EU banking controls and hedge fund controls. Crispin Odey

martcov

Just reading this article and despite the talk of there being 48 letters plus at least a dozen, then last night claims that 84 had been sent and it turns out that 48 hasn’t been reached and in fact only 21 MP’s have confirmed that they have sent letters it begs a question.

Have we just witnessed an attempted coup by bullshit? At this moment in time it looks like certain sections of the Conservative party have tried to bullshit a resignation from the PM.

No. Conspiracy theory. By Mogg implying it was time to ditch May the pound and stocks fell. They lied knowing that it was too early to ditch May. Mogg‘s hedge fund partner cashed 220 million before on insider information after the referendum. If they knew in advance about the lies and Mogg’s calls to ditch May, they could have cashed in again. Uncertainty and a helter skelter currency or stock market are great for betting on if you can influence the gains and falls... Crispin Odey

I suspect now that nothing happened, stocks and currency will climb again.

clint van damme

No. Conspiracy theory. By Mogg implying it was time to ditch May the pound and stocks fell. They lied knowing that it was too early to ditch May. Mogg‘s hedge fund partner cashed 220 million before on insider information after the referendum. If they knew in advance about the lies and Mogg’s calls to ditch May, they could have cashed in again. Uncertainty and a helter skelter currency or stock market are great for betting on if you can influence the gains and falls... Crispin Odey

Odey was one of Brexits biggest backers wasn't he?
I'm sure he was thinking of what was best for the country and not how much money he could make out if it!

I'm sure most people who voted in the referendum voted in the way that they though was best for the country, whether remain or leave.
But these sharks couldn't give a fuck about the country, they just want to make as much cash for themselves and their pals as they can, it's disgraceful.
Would love to put these two in a room with some saw type scenario where only one comes out alive but minus their eyes and their frontal lobe!!

Ashdown

The Spanish are not exactly timid.

Ashdown

This stuff has always happened in that rat pit called the ' City '

Ashdown

Odey was one of Brexits biggest backers wasn't he?
I'm sure he was thinking of what was best for the country and not how much money he could make out if it!

I'm sure most people who voted in the referendum voted in the way that they though was best for the country, whether remain or leave.
But these sharks couldn't give a fuck about the country, they just want to make as much cash for themselves and their pals as they can, it's disgraceful.
Would love to put these two in a room with some saw type scenario where only one comes out alive but minus their eyes and their frontal lobe!!
Alternatively you wish you were very good mates with them and in the know.

Users who are viewing this thread