The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (44 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sick Boy

The difference is Rees Mogg is actively trying to engineer a hard Brexit which he knows will cause mayhem in order to profit from it.

Luckily he has been shown to be all mouth in all of this and is yet to put forward any sort of viable solution to anything.

clint van damme

I just knew there'd have to be 'a difference' Clint.

gotta go now PUSB.
Well there clearly is.
You might bet against City in a game even though you want them to win because you are convinced the won't.
But if you kidnap the back four just before kick off then you are actively trying to influence the outcome in your favour.

Edit: you not cutting it a bit fine time wise Ernie?

Astute

With the un report what do we think rhees-mogg and Johnson and Gove would spend the £39bn on? Tax cuts for their millionaire friends?

Really pisses me off the number of wannabe Eu sceptics that they’ve won and forgotten our vulnerable members of the community
Since when did the Tories ever care about anyone but those better off? They see the vulnerable and needy as a drain on their money.

Otis

Since when did the Tories ever care about anyone but those better off? They see the vulnerable and needy as a drain on their money.
I agree, but I boy have you just lit the blue touchpaper.

giphy.gif

Ashdown

I agree but the alternative under a Labour government is that all of a sudden all the idle scroungers of the world suddenly become ' vulnerable and needy ' !

Otis

I agree but the alternative under a Labour government is that all of a sudden all the idle scroungers of the world suddenly become ' vulnerable and needy ' !
So hard to distinguish who is a scrounger and who is vulnerable and needy isn't it.

So many cheats and liars with no moral backbone, who will abuse every system going if they can.

Grendel

The Tory tough mantra is a myth - they have continued to fund a bloated welfare state and protect the work shy and the underclass

clint van damme

So hard to distinguish who is a scrounger and who is vulnerable and needy isn't it.

So many cheats and liars with no moral backbone, who will abuse every system going if they can.

1.4 billion in benefit fraud against 1.2 billion of unpaid benefits.
200 million difference to look after our most vulnerable.
Now look at how much tax avoidance costs the country.
Look at the wealth gap compared to other developed countries whose economies are embarasing ours with how well they're performing yet people still buy this shit about the welfare state.

Grendel

Look at the wealth gap compared to other developed countries whose economies are embarasing ours with how well they're performing yet people still buy this shit about the welfare state.

Tax avoidance is legitimate. Benefit fraud is not.

Otis

No, I agree Clint, but I see people abusing the system. Really annoys me.

Cheating occurs through the entire fabric of society though, I get that.

Doesn't make it any less annoying.

clint van damme

No, I agree Clint, but I see people abusing the system. Really annoys me.

Cheating occurs through the entire fabric of society though, I get that.

Doesn't make it any less annoying.

I agree. But there are far worse injustices to worry about

Grendel

You know my point and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Why? People who have earned wealth want to preserve it and people who want to lounge around their paid for accommodation living off the taxpayer expect a free ride.

Not my idea of fair society

clint van damme

Why? People who have earned wealth want to preserve it and people who want to lounge around their paid for accommodation living off the taxpayer expect a free ride.

Not my idea of fair society

You think the welfare state only protects the work why?
Not people who have suffered illness or redundancy or were born disabled.
You've bought into the neo liberal bullshit and reiterate, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Grendel

You think the welfare state only protects the work why?
Not people who have suffered illness or redundancy or were born disabled.
You've bought into the neo liberal bullshit and reiterate, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Of course the welfare state should provide a safety net for those in need.

It should not however be an option than people choose

Otis

Unfortunately some people do choose the welfare system.

My neice does it and the neighbours across the road do it.

They can work, but don't work and choose to not to and simply live off the benefits system. That's not what it's there for.

Grendel

I agree. But anything good and beneficial has people who will abuse it.
The aim should be to take out the piss takers not dismantle the whole system.

It should be to remove benefits of the long term unemployed

clint van damme

Unfortunately some people do choose the welfare system.

My neice does it and the neighbours across the road do it.

They can work, but don't work and choose to not to and simply live off the benefits system. That's not what it's there for.

I understand that. But people want to use that ad an excuse to dismantle the whole system.
We spunk more money up the wall on less deserving things to be honest.

Captain Dart

Grendel

We spunk more money up the wall on less deserving things to be honest.

Indeed. Like assisting Romania in infrastructure projects as an EU net contributor

Ashdown

Understand that, but this is just something I see everyday around me in the flesh, so it tends to rub your nose in it somewhat.
Me too my mother in law remarried after her first husband died. Complete con merchant and benefit bludger. As soon as he got hold of the old gal he never worked again aged 51, he lived off her or the welfare state and was a complete actor. To the assessors he could hardly walk but oh you should have seen him move when he thought he wasn't being watched.

Otis

Me too my mother in law remarried after her first husband died. Complete con merchant and benefit bludger. As soon as he got hold of the old gal he never worked again aged 51, he lived off her or the welfare state and was a complete actor. To the assessors he could hardly walk but oh you should have seen him move when he thought he wasn't being watched.
I stopped working 5 years ago after being made redundant.

I am struggling, but haven't claimed a single penny of benefits since.

clint van damme

I stopped working 5 years ago after being made redundant.

I am struggling, but haven't claimed a single penny of benefits since.

which is fine if you can do that.
I was on benefits nearly 30 years ago for 5 or 6 months after losing my job.
They fed me and my family and stopped me losing my house.
Once i was back on my feet I was back paying taxes and have we have paid shit loads in the intervening years so for me the benefit system helped me and I've more than paid back my dues since. That's why I get annoyed when people slate the welfare state it works for many people who genuinely need help and aren't out to take piss.

Ashdown

which is fine if you can do that.
I was on benefits nearly 30 years ago for 5 or 6 months after losing my job.
They fed me and my family and stopped me losing my house.
Once i was back on my feet I was back paying taxes and have we have paid shit loads in the intervening years so for me the benefit system helped me and I've more than paid back my dues since. That's why I get annoyed when people slate the welfare state it works for many people who genuinely need help and aren't out to take piss.
I don't think anyone would disagree with that, that's what the welfare state is for, back up for the genuinely needy, temporarily for some, long term for the most vulnerable. Thing is you earlier dismissed 1.4 billion in benefit fraud like it didn't matter, yes it fucking does.......two wrongs don't make a right......I'm right with you on tax avoidance, its disgusting !

Grendel

I don't think anyone would disagree with that, that's what the welfare state is for, back up for the genuinely needy, temporarily for some, long term for the most vulnerable. Thing is you earlier dismissed 1.4 billion in benefit fraud like it didn't matter, yes it fucking does.......two wrongs don't make a right......I'm right with you on tax avoidance, its disgusting !

Tax avoidance is legal - my pension will be constructed so I can draw £3,000 a month tax free for life regardless what I earn elsewhere.

That’s perfectly legitimate.

clint van damme

but the point is 1.2 billion isn't claimed so if you had a benefit system where all the money went out to those that were entitled to it you are only looking at a 200 million difference.
Our welfare spend is low compared to a lot of countries whose economies are performing better than ours.

clint van damme

Tax avoidance is legal - my pension will be constructed so I can draw £3,000 a month tax free for life regardless what I earn elsewhere.

That’s perfectly legitimate.

I personally wouldn't really call that tax avoidance, and if it is technically, I don't think it falls into the category I'm talking about.

Ashdown

but the point is 1.2 billion isn't claimed so if you had a benefit system where all the money went out to those that were entitled to it you are only looking at a 200 million difference.
Our welfare spend is low compared to a lot of countries whose economies are performing better than ours.
If it's not claimed then how needed is it really ??

Users who are viewing this thread