The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (18 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

Is it relevant? Does it explain a couple of specific reasons? Yes. Am I going to interrupt my evening to split hairs? No.

Well you said it was “largely due to Italy” - are you standing by this.

You spend all evening on here normally - how odd

Grendel

I suspect Germany, but that is supposed to be temporary.

Is it? Haven’t 3 fiscal study groups in Germany just forecasted a recession in Germany and the EU Zone in 2018?

I guess you’ve seen something else. Can you link that so I can have a look?

Thanks

Astute

No, I don’t. Countries not doing well lower the average. Germany has gone down but is in plus. Italy is in minus. 50 is the bench mark. So how am I wrong? Italy is particularly hit because of it’s dispute.
Yeah OK.

The average before was with good numbers from Germany. This pushed the average up. Now the numbers from Germany are lower the average will be lower.

So back to you blaming largely Italy then saying that it wasn't manly Italy.......

skybluetony176

Is it? Haven’t 3 fiscal study groups in Germany just forecasted a recession in Germany and the EU Zone in 2018?

I guess you’ve seen something else. Can you link that so I can have a look?

Thanks

They must be out of date fisical studies as there isn’t 2 quarters left in 2018 for there to be a recession.

Grendel

They must be out of date fisical studies as there isn’t 2 quarters left in 2018 for there to be a recession.

Hi Tony

I wondered how long it would take for Marts boyfriend to chug along on his hobby horse to try and get him out of a tricky spot

It’s so sweet

It’s a Reuter’s statement issued today Tony and I assume is projecting a very gloomy q4 which hasn’t been published. It also does state this could occur in the following year and all economic forecasts are being downgraded

I would link it but I know you have a lot of trouble in that area. It’s

Astute

skybluetony176

Hi Tony

I wondered how long it would take for Marts boyfriend to chug along on his hobby horse to try and get him out of a tricky spot

It’s so sweet

It’s a Reuter’s statement issued today Tony and I assume is projecting a very gloomy q4 which hasn’t been published. It also does state this could occur in the following year and all economic forecasts are being downgraded

I would link it but I know you have a lot of trouble in that area. It’s

Hello Astutes girlfriend. I’m sure you know that technically it takes two consecutive quarters of downturn for a recession.

Any link to the statement so we can all see what you’re referring to?

skybluetony176

Have you read this and understood what it has said?

But strangely enough you have put it to mean it is a recession for the UK.

Try reading it again. Then see if you are so happy to post it on here. Because it is bad news for the EU region.

Yes I’ve read it. Thanks for telling me what I think it says even though you haven’t actually asked me. I’m well aware that it predicts the possibility of bad news for Europe as well as Britain. I’m sure you think you’re making a point although I doubt you’re sure what that point is.

Astute

Yes I’ve read it. Thanks for telling me what I think it says even though you haven’t actually asked me. I’m well aware that it predicts the possibility of bad news for Europe as well as Britain. I’m sure you think you’re making a point although I doubt you’re sure what that point is.
Yet strangely enough you only mention the UK.

Biased? You certainly seem biased against the UK. Or hope the UK does badly for some reason. You are always first with the bad news even if it isn't mainly us looking precarious.

skybluetony176

Biased? You certainly seem biased against the UK. Or hope the UK does badly for some reason. You are always first with the bad news even if it isn't mainly us looking precarious.

I only live in the UK. Why is it strange I talk about the UK?

Biased? I gave a link to the story.

Where have I said I’m against the U.K.? Where have I said I hope the U.K. does badly? You’re twisting and putting words in people’s mouths again to suit your own agenda. Pathetic.

Astute

I only live in the UK. Why is it strange I talk about the UK?

Biased? I gave a link to the story.

Where have I said I’m against the U.K.? Where have I said I hope the U.K. does badly? You’re twisting and putting words in people’s mouths again to suit your own agenda. Pathetic.
You don't talk solely about the UK. You just look for things you can use against the UK. Like that link that said about a recession through the EU. Guess what? You only mentioned the UK.

Putting words in your mouth? No. Just questioning what you have come out with as usual. You are just another one who doesn't want an honest debate to occur.

martcov

Weren’t you the one who posted the economic link this time and people answered you?

Astute

Weren’t you the one who posted the economic link this time and people answered you?
And people including you tried to twist it.

But look back why I posted the link. See if you can be honest for once.

skybluetony176

You don't talk solely about the UK. You just look for things you can use against the UK. Like that link that said about a recession through the EU. Guess what? You only mentioned the UK.

Putting words in your mouth? No. Just questioning what you have come out with as usual. You are just another one who doesn't want an honest debate to occur.

Thanks again for telling me what I’m thinking. You haven’t actually asked so yet again you’re putting words in my mouth. Again.

I didn’t come out with anything. I posted a link.

If you want an honest debate a good starting point is to ask someone what they’re thinking not tell them what they’re thinking and getting it spectacularly wrong. Repeatedly.

martcov

You have again scoured the Internet to find something negative about Germany and have now posted a 2001 report from the Telegraph.

This is getting weirder.

You tried to play on a, probably temporary, drop in an almost 3 year growth run of the Eurozone. You got push back. So you tried to twist what I said. Didn’t get very far, so out with a 2001 report.

Astute

Thanks again for telling me what I’m thinking. You haven’t actually asked so yet again you’re putting words in my mouth. Again.

I didn’t come out with anything. I posted a link.

If you want an honest debate a good starting point is to ask someone what they’re thinking not tell them what they’re thinking and getting it spectacularly wrong. Repeatedly.
It isn't what you are thinking. It is what you are saying.

So the link you gave said about a recession through the EU. Agreed?

You said it said about a recession in the UK. Agreed?

Enough said. You are as bad as Mart.

Astute

You have again scoured the Internet to find something negative about Germany and have now posted a 2001 report from the Telegraph.

This is getting weirder.

You tried to play on a, probably temporary, drop in an almost 3 year growth run of the Eurozone. You got push back. So you tried to twist what I said. Didn’t get very far, so out with a 2001 report.
Google said last month.

Everyone else can see the other link. It is saying about possible recession in Germany. It shows a big slowdown in their economy. But you can't twist it to the UK.

Unexpected decline in German industry output hints at economic slowdown | Reuters

Here it is again.

skybluetony176

It isn't what you are thinking. It is what you are saying.

So the link you gave said about a recession through the EU. Agreed?

You said it said about a recession in the UK. Agreed?

Enough said. You are as bad as Mart.

I said there’s talk of us going into a recession and there is, that’s why I provided a link. I never said that the link didn’t include the EU so I never disagreed in the first place. Any other words you want to put in my mouth? Do you want to pretend that you know what I’m thinking again? Or are you done with the twisting?

Astute

This is getting weirder.

Scoured?

How many links would you like?

Redirect Notice

UPDATE 2-German institutes warn of recession if trade conflict escalates

Recession watch: which nations' GDP is still going down?

Germany GDP Growth Rate | 2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast | News

Forecasts cut: German economic institutes warn of recession if trade dispute worsens

Fiscal fillips: Berlin should brace for economic downturn, Bundesbank chief warns

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Is Europe Headed for a Recession? If So, Can the Euro Survive?

German Economy Shrinks, Raising Recession Worry

Would you like any more? Not scoured the net yet.

But let's forget about Germany. We will be happy for you to tell us how strong the EU is and how weak the UK is.

Astute

I said there’s talk of us going into a recession and there is, that’s why I provided a link. I never said that the link didn’t include the EU so I never disagreed in the first place. Any other words you want to put in my mouth? Do you want to pretend that you know what I’m thinking again? Or are you done with the twisting?
Words in your mouth? No. You do a good enough job yourself.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

This is getting weirder.

I'm back ! And what a busy and extremely indulgent day you have had on here desperately trying to score points against everyone. This particular reply made me laugh. It's lovely the way you tell people exactly what they tried to do even though they already know.

Astute

I put words in my mouth? That’s normal isn’t it? Pretty sure that’s just called talking.
No. You are like Mart. EU good UK bad. And you don't care what you say or what you use as so called evidence. Like your link saying about the chances of recession through the EU. You used it against the UK. But the UK is doing better than expected. So all you did was put focus on how dodgy countries in the EU are looking. But you thought you would tell us how bad it looks for us using it.

Users who are viewing this thread