The Official Petition Thread (2 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

We seriously need to aim for the Coventry audience.
We need to get a stall up and running in Broadgate or somewhere with petitions slips to sign. You could manage hundreds in a day of local residents.

I was just thinking about that. We're collectively doing our club proud and reading some of the comments on other forums, the 'football family' is generally behind us (bar Sunderland, some Leeds fans and some Leicester fans). If you get a chance, check out the Hammers forum...that place is genuinely hilarious!

You're right though pusbccfc. I don't live locally which is why I'm keen to do my bit from afar but over half of these signatures need to come from Coventry. In essence we've got 11 months to get this to 100k. So we've got time on our side but the quicker the momentum, the better.

Would the CET support organising some sort of stand in the shopping centres locally to try and get petitions? @simongilbert? Anything you can do?

WM

Last time I checked we were at 7555 votes And still trending as one of the highest hourly signature rates. When it gets to 10,000 the Government department has to make a written response. Just keep plugging away.

Monkeyface

Tried a new tactic today, sent a personal message to some of my Facebook contacts. Targeted the family and friends who either don't live in Coventry or who I didn't think would have already signed it. Added a little bit about it affecting everybody who pays council tax. Have to the response has been amazing, all but a few have replied saying they've signed it.

Hi guys, I'm a Cov fan new to this forum. I got a Rangers mate to post the generic wording about the petition (written by skyblueweeman) on the Follow Follow forum. Several Rangers fans on that forum have already signed the petition. Onwards and upwards.

Skyblueweeman

Did Everton say it was ok? I'd already done them mate and they said they'd put it as a sticky on their 'World Football' so if you got it on their main forum, good work!

Skyblueweeman

Tried a new tactic today, sent a personal message to some of my Facebook contacts. Targeted the family and friends who either don't live in Coventry or who I didn't think would have already signed it. Added a little bit about it affecting everybody who pays council tax. Have to the response has been amazing, all but a few have replied saying they've signed it.

Did the same mate, think every one should do it, if not already done. I had about 20 come back and say they'd signed so hopefully more will have done.

MichaelCCFC

We seriously need to aim for the Coventry audience.
We need to get a stall up and running in Broadgate or somewhere with petitions slips to sign. You could manage hundreds in a day of local residents.

pusbccfc - this is a really good idea. Would/you others be willing to do it? Saturday 15th would be a good date (Bradford at sixfields). Just needs: someone to take overall responsibility and contact the council to get permission; someone to provide a table; I can get leaflets for handing out; people to be there on the day; people will Ipads if possible. Any takers?

torchomatic

Sheff United done. Some positive comments about Coventry City and us fans in general on the Swindon board.

torchomatic

skyblueinBaku

Skyblueweeman

Newport County done (The Exiles!) and Wycome Wanderers done. Not too much sympathy from the one person who's replied on the Sheffield Utd board!

http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/coventry-city-fan-in-peace.33033/#post-567823

Who bloody cares about our thoughts on the Tevez affair?! The same with Leeds fans saying we didn't support them in their fight to overturn their previous points deductions. Those decisions were made at board level, not from the fans. I don't remember any petitions on either Tevez/Leeds. Shame some fans are like that.

That said, speaking from personal experience, it's only once something like this has happened to our club, that you take notice. I think this whole petition thing and seeing fans reactions from across the leagues, has made me much more open minded about supporting other clubs plights as and when needed. I'm genuinely heartened by some of the feedback on some of the forums.

Toying with the idea of actually going onto the Sunderland forum.....

WM

J

Jack Griffin

The spreadsheet whilst great is only being used to show if 'a forum' or 'a twitter' or 'a facebook' has been contacted for a club, but clubs can have more than one forum or associated twitter feed or Facebook page.

Whats the best way of listing multiple contacts on the spreadsheet.

Also, the sheet needs backing up from time to time as with open access the possibility of malicious damage exists, so with that thought in mind I've copied what is there to a private sheet & will do so from time to time so I could restore the original if it was badly damaged.

Skyblueweeman

The spreadsheet whilst great is only being used to show if 'a forum' or 'a twitter' or 'a facebook' has been contacted for a club, but clubs can have more than one forum or associated twitter feed or Facebook page.

Whats the best way of listing multiple contacts on the spreadsheet.

Also, the sheet needs backing up from time to time as with open access the possibility of malicious damage exists, so with that thought in mind I've copied what is there to a private sheet & will do so from time to time so I could restore the original if it was badly damaged.

I was thinking that JG, the point about multiple forums. I would just insert 3 or 4 extra columns and header them Forum One, Forum Two etc and then whoever contacts that forum, they can just write in which Forum.

Easiest way to do it?

WM

Did Everton say it was ok? I'd already done them mate and they said they'd put it as a sticky on their 'World Football' so if you got it on their main forum, good work!

Ah, thought that forum hasn't been done! Yer, they moved mine to World Football but don't know if they merged it.

J

Jack Griffin

I was thinking that JG, the point about multiple forums. I would just insert 3 or 4 extra columns and header them Forum One, Forum Two etc and then whoever contacts that forum, they can just write in which Forum.

Easiest way to do it?

WM

Here is what you can do.

1) Post the link to forum in the cell, and click wrap text button (5th button from right hand end of tool bar)
2) When you post to 2nd or subsequent links select the cell and go to the entry field just below the tool bar.
3) Press ALT+ENTER (maybe CTL+ENTER on Macs?) to drop a new line and then post the new link.

voila both links are in same cell.

J

Jack Griffin

@James_Dart - Guardian web sport deputy ed, retweeted petition link. :guitar2:

AFCCOVENTRY

Going well. Hopefully over 10k by Sunday.

Still there should be at least another 20k sky blues fans and the plastic variety signing this.

MichaelCCFC

Still can't believe how well this is going. Will be well pleased if it gets to 10k over the weekend. Next week can keep up efforts with other clubs but also focus on City fans a bit more. Anyone up for a city centre stall on 15 Feb? And after battling win at Bristol am really looking forward to tomorrow's game - guess that's the reason for doing all this!

Users who are viewing this thread