The Walking Dead - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

scubasteve

but its pretty much the same ideas recycled under a different guise. how many times have they found somewhere to live, it all gone wrong and then spend the next series finding another place just for the same to happen again. the farm, prison, Woodbury, terminus, Alexandria etc. they even have the same thing with the bad guys.
These are all sub plots, there is no plot for the series, no ideas.

scubasteve

I don't read the comic books but I heard that it hasn't followed it completely as some have died and others still alive in both TV and comic...

I did give up on the series a while back but I now watch the first and last few episodes of the series as don't feel like you miss much in the middle. in my opinion the writers need to work towards a end game, take game of thrones for example yes it has filler episodes and sub plots but at least you know they have a ending some will take over the iron throne. Otherwise it will go down the route of a lot of American series, they just keep going until it gets cancelled when the viewing figures drop and have no ending or a awful one like lost and Dexter.

ajsccfc

It does stick very close to the source material, the way they tend to differ from it generally is the character used; Denise getting the arrow through the face was Abraham in print, Andrea should be still alive and knocking boots with Rick, that kind of thing.

Otis

Yep. Same old shit, variation in character.

The thought of years more of Walking Dead TV seasons leaves me rather deflated.

Comics may well run for many, many years, even decades, but I just can't see the TV series having that kind of longevity without it all getting very tedious and boring.

stupot07

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that episode. Agree with what others have said, I think Daryl will play along but won't be properly Neganised. Can't wait until mezt week to catch up on Ricks group.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that episode. Agree with what others have said, I think Daryl will play along but won't be properly Neganised. Can't wait until mezt week to catch up on Ricks group.

Yeah. Very good episode.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I enjoyed tonight's episode
Daryl and Ricks retaliation will be spectacular

skybluegod

Yeah really liked that, can't wait to see how the eventual retaliation pans out, however that will not be till between 6 months to a year from now

Otis

Yeah really liked that, can't wait to see how the eventual retaliation pans out, however that will not be till between 6 months to a year from now
Going to be a joining of forces with the Hilltop and the Kingdom I think.

You also have to remember that two of the deadliest Rickites are still out there lone free. Morgan and Carol.

olderskyblue

If only they had thought to burn the weapon stock list.... What an unfortunate oversight....

Otis

If only they had thought to burn the weapon stock list.... What an unfortunate oversight....
Well yeah, you would have thought so, but the explanation for that in the episode was that Negan had turned up early, after stating he would come in a week's time.

Guess Rick's lot thought they had a few more days to plan, stash and cover things up, but Negan turned up before they could put their plan in operation.

I bought that, but I thought they could have easily come up with a reasonable explanation for any missing guns, i.e. a small group had gone out on a reccy and were missing in action, having taken the guns without permission, that sort of thing.

ajsccfc

I thought we already knew about Judith being Shane's baby, but apparently that was a big revelation.
I liked the episode, just the Saviours being dicks for an hour and a bit. Not sure it needed to be a super long episode though.

Otis

I thought we already knew about Judith being Shane's baby, but apparently that was a big revelation.
I liked the episode, just the Saviours being dicks for an hour and a bit. Not sure it needed to be a super long episode though.
Yeah, agree. We got it, we totally got it. An hour would have been fine.

I think the revelation was just for Michonne's benefit only. Think Rick was just trying to emphasise the need to survive and protect each other and try and build a future and that he was doing that for the group and in particular for Judith despite the fact that she wasn't his child.

ajsccfc

Yeah story-wise it fits well, it was just reading up online afterwards and seeing that it was referred as a huge and explosive revelation on some sites. It was less OMG and more 'oh right'

One thing I was surprised by, if they're taking all the guns and Dwight's cosplaying as Daryl I was sure they'd take Michonne's sword.

stupot07

Yeah, I thought it was a given that Judith was Shane's baby. I suppose though its a bigger revelation to michone and the others who weren't around at the beginning when Shane was around.

It was a good episode, I hadn't realised it was longer than normal.

Its been suggested that Daryl and Rick may have been communicating in Morse code.

Otis

I didn't spot that.

Thought tonight was okay, but again I don't think it warranted an hour. Could have been tied up in half the time.

Otis

Just read up on that theory and it does make sense.

Apparently in season 5 Daryl was taught rudimentary Morse code by Carol and of course as a police officer Rick would know it anyway.

Also some bright spark has noticed that there is a Morse code chart on the wall in Rick's house at Alexandria.

Otis

In fact, not so bright spark. There is a still of Michonne and there is a Morse code sign about 4 ft tall and wide on the wall right behind her. Didn't take much spotting at all then. I did wonder though what Daryl was doing when he was blinking, as it did all seem very odd and forced. I just put it down to the nervous, worn down tick of a beaten man.

Sky_Blue_Daz

In fact, not so bright spark. There is a still of Michonne and there is a Morse code sign about 4 ft tall and wide on the wall right behind her. Didn't take much spotting at all then. I did wonder though what Daryl was doing when he was blinking, as it did all seem very odd and forced. I just put it down to the nervous, worn down tick of a beaten man.
A lot of us blink like Daryl

ajsccfc

I liked that episode more than last week. They used the time to advance the story for a few different characters and stuff actually happened, whereas last week was 90 mins of Negan emphasising every third word and being all smiley nasty.

Otis

I liked that episode more than last week. They used the time to advance the story for a few different characters and stuff actually happened, whereas last week was 90 mins of Negan emphasising every third word and being all smiley nasty.
Yeah, fair point.

Do think it was still too long though, but I quite liked it too.

chiefdave

Ratings in the States have dropped from 17m to 11m in four weeks. 11m is still an excellent rating but that sort of drop off has to be a concern and its dropped every week which hasn't happened in the past.

Last season averaged 13.2m.

Otis

Ratings in the States have dropped from 17m to 11m in four weeks. 11m is still an excellent rating but that sort of drop off has to be a concern and its dropped every week which hasn't happened in the past.

Last season averaged 13.2m.
Been looking at reviews and there are many rumblings as to the show's longevity.

Negan's great, but it is the Governor mark II, albeit more powerful, last nutty, but nastier.

Negan surely has to be topped off or beaten by the close of next season otherwise it is all going to get very tiresome.

What's left after that? We need some resolution sooner rather than later. Hopefully dwindling viewing figures may force the makers' hands.

Like most people, I don't want it to end with Dexter/Lost whimper.

chiefdave

They also have to deal with the fact that for those who were in it at the start their contracts expire after this season. They're on relatively low pay for a show that does so well, expect they'll be looking for a hefty rise to sign on for a few more years.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Yep. Same old shit, variation in character.

The thought of years more of Walking Dead TV seasons leaves me rather deflated.

Comics may well run for many, many years, even decades, but I just can't see the TV series having that kind of longevity without it all getting very tedious and boring.
I thought that when Coronation Street started way back in December 1960 (and, yeah, I remember it starting!). It's now been running for almost 56 years!
(I haven't watched it since the days of Minnie Caldwell and Ena Sharples though!) I can't see "The Street" ever ending..... yawwwnnn!

ajsccfc

Pat Phelan's the Negan of Weatherfield at the moment, I reckon Rita might go postal and take him out though. Haven't read the Corrie comics so pure guesswork this

Nick

Administrator
Pat Phelan's the Negan of Weatherfield at the moment, I reckon Rita might go postal and take him out though. Haven't read the Corrie comics so pure guesswork this
I did think that yesterday ha

Also had to ask if he had been found out as it's been going on a good year

Otis

If I know how soaps work, he'll get his around Christmas or New Year in a spectacular fashion.
It will no doubt be Lucille-lite, with someone getting their brains smashed in by someone in curlers wielding a rolling pin covered in self-raising flour.

ajsccfc

walking-dead.png

gareth-wd.jpg

1dhrr3.jpg

article-0-1EF577CE00000578-329_634x593.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread