The Walking Dead - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Otis

Feck me that was tedious.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I think the makers have to realise that though we accept that after a barnstorming episode we are not expecting something quite so grand, we as an audience shouldn't be treated so shoddily that they think they can just throw and old tosh our
Way and we should just merrily swallow it.

The way the Walking Dead has gone the last two seasons or so is to produce 3-4 storming episodes, but then draw out and pad the remaining ones that leave everyone really pee'd off while they wait for the grand finale.

Do get the feeling we are treated like mugs. I wonder how long it will be before many viewers get to the stage that they just stop watching.

stupot07

I honestly don't know what happened. We met a king how has the tamest tiger ever as a pet, and carol may or may not have had a booty call.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skybluegod

While I agree it wasn't a memorable episode, I disagree with many on here saying that they are just making episodes for episodes sake. It's unrealistic for there to be a badass episode full of action and killing and suspense every single episode. This type of episode is important in building a backstory so that the exciting stuff can occur in future. Maybe it's just my obsession with the series, but i still quite enjoy episodes like that.

Nick

Administrator
While I agree it wasn't a memorable episode, I disagree with many on here saying that they are just making episodes for episodes sake. It's unrealistic for there to be a badass episode full of action and killing and suspense every single episode. This type of episode is important in building a backstory so that the exciting stuff can occur in future. Maybe it's just my obsession with the series, but i still quite enjoy episodes like that.
It's unrealistic for zombies and a pet tiger like that and for people to be so stupid though :)

It builds up, then will drop the story and be predictable :(

skybluegod

It's unrealistic for zombies and a pet tiger like that and for people to be so stupid though :)

It builds up, then will drop the story and be predictable :(

Haha yes, i know I was expecting that comeback as soon as I posted nick ;), but you understand what I mean? There cannot be action every episode or that would soon get boring too.

Nick

Administrator
Haha yes, i know I was expecting that comeback as soon as I posted nick ;), but you understand what I mean? There cannot be action every episode or that would soon get boring too.
I know :) is just that the pattern seems to get repetitive :(

skybluegod

I know :) is just that the pattern seems to get repetitive :(

Yeah I guess I agree in sorts, it is all getting repetitive, but I guess my hope this time, is that this is on such a grand scale, and for the first time in the series that the group has ever been so weak and so defeated that there may be a few more twists and turns before the inevitable demise of Negan

Otis

Yes, get all that, but we're not stupid and the makers of the programme aren't stupid either.

Are they honestly saying they are not dragging it out? That the episodes HAVE to be dragged out like this?

I have filmed a bit of stuff in my time and I know quite a lot about scripts and have read a lot of film and TV scripts too.

They could have very, very easily indeed have had a 15-20 min section about Carol, Morgan and the Kingdom, but then switched to Alexandria for the aftermath of the two tragic killings. Could have been balanced 60/40, 70/30, even 80/20. That episode on Monday simply didn't warrant a full episode.

To have no mention of the Saviours and no scenes at all about the Negan incident was quite ridiculous. As an audience you are baying to see the aftermath, the reaction, the differing voices heard and of the impact upon the group.

There is absolutely no reason at all to have one whole complete episode just about Carol meeting the king of a new settlement.

Padding central.

No-one is expecting high octane and lots of killings and high drama every episode, but the story could easily be moved on while at the same time introducing new characters and a new settlement.

Seems clearly obvious they are looking at it all and thinking 'Hmm, we need to fill 16 episodes here.'

An awful lot more padding to come I fear.

chiefdave

I haven't made it through last weeks yet. Might wait until the end of the series and see what people's thoughts are as to if it's worth sticking with.

Otis

I haven't made it through last weeks yet. Might wait until the end of the series and see what people's thoughts are as to if it's worth sticking with.
You know it will come back with a bang at some point, Dave, don't you.

Exactly what happened lasts series.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Well, that was a pile of horse shit! What's happening to TWD? Apart from ep one, it's been shite this season!

Otis

I enjoyed that one. They are definitely milking it though to eek out 16 episodes.

The one thing I don't get about the Walking Dead and Rick's lot is, the simple solution to many a situation is to 'play along, then plot from the inside.'

They never do though, they always rebel, always get themselves deeper into the shit, even though they are in impossible situations that they are simply unable to extract themselves from.

Easiest thing for Daryl now is to play along and then plot from the inside. That is his one and only chance to fight back or escape.

Carol has been the only one with any sense. Blend in, play your cards close to your chest. Gain people's trust and then strike like a cobra (this is kick ass Carol I am talking about rather than the latter day broken Carol).

Does infuriate me.

The characters either break or break down or rebel. They don't use subterfuge and try and cleverly play along.

Rick always breaks or breaks down and Daryl always rebels.

Was a good episode though all the same.

Otis

Honestly you need to go back and watch season 2 again. Walking dead has always been like this.
Yep, I'm sure you're right. Think the fact there have been seven seasons of it means the viewers' patience is beginning to wear thin.

olderskyblue

Maybe it's me, but I quite enjoy the slow build up of people's characters.

I'm not sure they would have believed Daryl breaking so quickly either, and I think this story is all about Negan liking him more and more.. maybe wrong though, and he actually dies next week. ;)

Otis

Maybe it's me, but I quite enjoy the slow build up of people's characters.

I'm not sure they would have believed Daryl breaking so quickly either, and I think this story is all about Negan liking him more and more.. maybe wrong though, and he actually dies next week. ;)
I don't think Daryl will completely turn. I think it will sink in that he will have to play along for now.

Can envisage in the future that it will appear to the audience that Daryl has become Neganised and that Negan will then ask Daryl to kill a Rick Alexandrian and that is when he will turn the tables and shoot an arrow at Negan, injurying him badly in the process.

I don't think Negan will die for some time yet and I still think they dare not kill Daryl.

I quite like the slow build ups too. That's why I liked last night's effort.

I think that was important to see Daryl's supposed demise and also to look under the skin of Dwight to discover what made Dwight the Dwight he is today. (I can see Dwight turning too).

Last week there seemed to be so much padding though and it wasn't advancing the story. Last night's I thought, did.

ajsccfc

This was originally going to be the second episode but they switched it so it wasn't two weeks of unrelenting misery. Saying that, next week looks like Negan's rolling up to Alexandria to shit in everybody's mouths and have them give it a five star review.

What was the photo they gave to Daryl? I couldn't make it out. Glenn and Abraham?

Otis

This was originally going to be the second episode but they switched it so it wasn't two weeks of unrelenting misery. Saying that, next week looks like Negan's rolling up to Alexandria to shit in everybody's mouths and have them give it a five star review.

What was the photo they gave to Daryl? I couldn't make it out. Glenn and Abraham?
Glenn I believe.

olderskyblue

Glen

covcity4life

he said reason he wont turn is because hes thinking of others. wether he fakes it at some point i dont know but he wont turn i dont think

neagans wicked. hes a bastard to his own lot too

Nick

Administrator
Why wouldn't that bloke when Negan was on about doing his wife and stuff just kill him? Him and Daryl could have killed him and got rid of his body and nobody would ever know.

ajsccfc

Why wouldn't that bloke when Negan was on about doing his wife and stuff just kill him? Him and Daryl could have killed him and got rid of his body and nobody would ever know.
They all see him as hard but fair, don't cross him and you'll be alright. Dwight killing the fella out in the countryside was his own realisation that it's the only way he can now live, while planting the seeds for MUTINY (yaaaar). I reckon either Dwight or his ex will save Daryl or help him escape in some way.

Otis

Yeah, was sort of thinking that, but was more thinking anyone could kill him anytime.

Negan seems to be content to just amble about with a baseball bat in his hand, while everyone else in his circle seem to be tooled up with guns.

You would have thought there would be a big long queue of people wanting to be Negan. Lots of opportunity.

skybluejelly

it was a photo of when city were in the premier league..thats why he started crying..or it could have been joy in the witches hat

scubasteve

I love how everyone is trying to second guess they plot, when its obvious the writers have ran out of ideas and are just milking it. Im sorry to say it will follow the same pattern as every other series so far, plod along slow pace nothing happens, throw in a semi exiting episode now and again just to keep everyone interested. Then in the last few episodes of this series and they will kill off this negan fella, and start again with a new baddie. and repeat.

ajsccfc

It's formulaic but they haven't ran out of ideas, they've got several more years already written out for them by Robert Kirkman.

Users who are viewing this thread