Things that annoy you (6 Viewers)

dancers lance

Radio DJ Charlie Sloth, what a womble.
He's a muppet, he likes to think he is "Mr Big Time" but played the Empire in Cov on NYE, even actual sloths are embarrassed by him and they crawl about shitting on themselves covered in moss.

Nick

Administrator
When people try and suck their drink out of a cup / glass. There's no straw, they just don't put their head / the cup or glass back enough and try and suck air until they get a drink.

Gazolba

It's up there with something being "on point".
I hate it when you tell someone to do something and they say "I'm on it".

Gazolba

How about this for annoying, there was a lady who sat in the cubicle opposite me (thankfully she has now left) who every lunchtime would go and get a bit container of drink.
It would evidently be about half full of ice cubes. She would drink the drink and then start shaking the container, now containing only ice cubes. Presumably this was to hasten the meting of the ice. This would go on for maybe 15 minutes. She then would start sucking and eating the ice cubes and cracking them in her teeth one by one. This whole process continued for maybe an hour.

richnrg

shop assistants that say the same thing all the time, and don't look you in the eye.

e.g. I regularly visit my local Co-op (which incidentally, I call the Mick Coop, although no-one else gets it) at lunchtime to buy a snack. Generally I am spending less than a fiver, and so stand in the queue with my goodies, waiting to pay, fiver/coins in hand.
After waiting a few minutes for the cashier to serve the other 4 or 5 people in the queue it's my turn. I've added up the total in my head, and so have the fiver visibly held out in front of me. After scanning my items, she looks up and says, "that will be £X.xx, when you're ready" .
'When I'm ready? - I'm obviously ready. I was 'ready' 5 minutes ago. I remain ready. It's you that's only just become 'ready', not me.
I know it must be a boring job, but surely you can make it more interesting by saying something different each time.

Oh, and no eye contact too with the 'thank you' at the end - -GRRRRR.

Otis

shop assistants that say the same thing all the time, and don't look you in the eye.

e.g. I regularly visit my local Co-op (which incidentally, I call the Mick Coop, although no-one else gets it) at lunchtime to buy a snack. Generally I am spending less than a fiver, and so stand in the queue with my goodies, waiting to pay, fiver/coins in hand.
After waiting a few minutes for the cashier to serve the other 4 or 5 people in the queue it's my turn. I've added up the total in my head, and so have the fiver visibly held out in front of me. After scanning my items, she looks up and says, "that will be £X.xx, when you're ready" .
'When I'm ready? - I'm obviously ready. I was 'ready' 5 minutes ago. I remain ready. It's you that's only just become 'ready', not me.
I know it must be a boring job, but surely you can make it more interesting by saying something different each time.

Oh, and no eye contact too with the 'thank you' at the end - -GRRRRR.
Maybe you just have one of those faces.

richnrg

Maybe you just have one of those faces.
i don't know what you're talking about.
a369_jose.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Bellends who want everything for nothing. It's the equivalent of me driving my car to a garage and asking them to fix something for me for free, but because it's IT people think it will get done for free.

Nick

Administrator
you mean like all of us forum users, Nick ?

Ha No, even worse. It's when you have other IT companies who dont seem to have a clue who want you to do everything for them.

For example It Companies who just resell other people's stuff, whack loads on top of what they pay as well as charging their customers for support. (but they don't pay for support themselves).

Get them on the phone "you don't have any support with this, do you want to buy support?" "No, I want you to fix it now. I pay you for it" "You pay for the service, that is working fine but you need support setting this up, which you don't have" "Yes but you should set it up for my customers", "I'm afraid we can't, you just have a basic service."

You go on their website and they claim to be experts and charge the earth to their customers for it.

giphy.gif

wingy

Are Goals Express really featuring goals from some obscure Scottish cup before dealing with the FL.
Great strike by Max, absolutely No time to dwell, instinctive.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Got onto a train at Euston on Friday & I have 2 things that annoyed me.
1- I was sat at a table seat the bloke opposite me but in the aisle seat (i was in the window seat) I opened a can and it fizzed up ever so slightly so I sipped the top look up he stares at me and does the most dramatic wipe of his hand (must have been the smallest amount of drink spittle)on the seat next to him stares at me, shakes his head, I immediately mouth “sorry” and raise my hand in a sorry gesture, he continues to stare and shake his head before returning to watch something on his phone, absolute drama queen! (He got off at MK more reason to hope we turn them over next week!)

2- trains pulling into Cov a lad is stood by the door ready to press the button and get off I’m about 5/6 foot back so I’m not creepily close, train pulls in a bloke just walks straight up between me and this lad pushing in to get off. Well done You’ve gained 1 second!

(Awaits “twats opening a can on the train”& “twat waiting away from the door post”

richnrg

Bands whose names end with the word 'club'
e.g
Bombay Bicycle Club
Two Door Cinema Club
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

FFS! - they should all be 'clubbed'.
(Culture Club are allowed)

Nick

Administrator
1- I was sat at a table seat the bloke opposite me but in the aisle seat (i was in the window seat) I opened a can and it fizzed up ever so slightly so I sipped the top look up he stares at me and does the most dramatic wipe of his hand (must have been the smallest amount of drink spittle)on the seat next to him stares at me, shakes his head, I immediately mouth “sorry” and raise my hand in a sorry gesture, he continues to stare and shake his head before returning to watch something on his phone, absolute drama queen! (He got off at MK more reason to hope we turn them over next week!)

2- trains pulling into Cov a lad is stood by the door ready to press the button and get off I’m about 5/6 foot back so I’m not creepily close, train pulls in a bloke just walks straight up between me and this lad pushing in to get off. Well done You’ve gained 1 second!

(Awaits “twats opening a can on the train”& “twat waiting away from the door post”

Should have done one of those comedy drink spills you would see on Chucklevision.

"oohhh, ohhhhhhh ooohhhhhhh, sorry mate this can has gone all over you"

OR

You should have only opened the can slightly and tried to suck the drink through the small gap, that would have pissed him off even more.

wingy

e.g
Bombay Bicycle Club
Two Door Cinema Club

It's the same with Crow(s).
Mistakenly bought a Counting Crows album once turned out I loved em.

Captain Dart

e.g
Bombay Bicycle Club
Two Door Cinema Club

These boys get a free pass too!

RedSalmon

People who walk their dog listening to music through head phones. People driving cars listening to music through head phones. People riding bikes while listening to music through head phones.

Concentrate on what you are fucking doing!!!!!!!!!!

Covstu

Delivery companies and drivers. Throwing parcels over the fence, leaving outside, coming at weird times then it doesn’t let you arrange at a more convenient time unless the take the fucking day off work

fernandopartridge

Did the MK c**t have a laptop out? They usually do, soaking in their self importance

jimmyhillsfanclub

Me......specifically Me wasting my time on here.......I'm too busy for this shizzle......but I just can't seem to stay away.....

Still.....it could be worse.....I used to have real addictions :)

Terry Gibson's perm

Today whilst walking my dog a man over the road was going into his house and he flicked me the v never seen him before so not sure why but he can look at today his freebie next time they will have to surgically remove my foot from his arsehole

olderskyblue

Ha No, even worse. It's when you have other IT companies who dont seem to have a clue who want you to do everything for them.

For example It Companies who just resell other people's stuff, whack loads on top of what they pay as well as charging their customers for support. (but they don't pay for support themselves).

Get them on the phone "you don't have any support with this, do you want to buy support?" "No, I want you to fix it now. I pay you for it" "You pay for the service, that is working fine but you need support setting this up, which you don't have" "Yes but you should set it up for my customers", "I'm afraid we can't, you just have a basic service."

You go on their website and they claim to be experts and charge the earth to their customers for it.

Provided an expensive Cad/Cam system to a Company in the Black country years ago. About a year or so later, got a call from the Cad Manager moaning saying he needed support straight away as the system wasn't working. Took us 3 days to find the cause and solve it. once solved, said Manager called up and had a right go at me about my company and the "lack of service". Started talking about how much time his designers lost working, how much that cost his company, and how the MD might decide to sue us to get it back. I shut him down and said to get the MD to call me.

MD called, went on a little tirade, but not as bad as the dickhead manager. When he'd done, I then went through everything we had done to find, and then solve the issue. Told him we'd found out that it was something the Cad Manager had done that had caused it all in the first place.... He then started to have a quieter go at me about the time it took to resolve. It was then I pointed out that he did NOT have a support contract, that his manager decided not to take one out because he was an "expert" in Unix,

We had taken on, and solved his problem nonetheless. MD went very quiet, and then said "are you sure we don't have a contract?" :emoji_joy::emoji_joy:

Did get a very nice letter of apology from him later, but he never did fire the arsehole manager

Mcbean

Today whilst walking my dog a man over the road was going into his house and he flicked me the v never seen him before so not sure why but he can look at today his freebie next time they will have to surgically remove my foot from his arsehole

He came out of his house 3 weeks ago and trod in dogshit !

Users who are viewing this thread