Things that annoy you (10 Viewers)

Otis

Sky nonsensical advertising.

Just saw a clip come up for the Sky Store and it says 'Blade Runner 2049. Available now for you to buy and keep.' .Buy AND keep? Wow!!!

When I go to Tesco and buy a couple of bananas and pay for them at the till, the girl doesn't then say 'now you have bought them you can keep them.'

I don't have the assistant in Primark tell me the jeans I have just bought are now mine or the clock I bought from Argos now belongs to me.

What they surely mean is that you can either rent the film or buy it. What's all the ''buy and keep' nonsense?

tommydazzle

Callers on the phone who use my first name and ask me things like, 'are you having a good day today?'. Presumably some training twat thinks it's a good idea. It's not.
I'm afraid anyone with an Indian accent gets immediately slammed down - apologies to any genuine Asian callers out there who work for legitimate businesses.

Otis

Callers on the phone who use my first name and ask me things like, 'are you having a good day today?'. Presumably some training twat thinks it's a good idea. It's not.
I'm afraid anyone with an Indian accent gets immediately slammed down - apologies to any genuine Asian callers out there who work for legitimate businesses.
Wow! What a coincidence, because my mate Ranjit works for a free gift company that rings total strangers up and offers them £10,000 right on the spot, just for the person answering the phone and speaking to him, no strings attached.

wingy

Wow! What a coincidence, because my mate Ranjit works for a free gift company that rings total strangers up and offers them £10,000 right on the spot, just for the person answering the phone and speaking to him, no strings attached.
I think he posts on here.
Decent chap !!

dutchman

Sky nonsensical advertising.

Just saw a clip come up for the Sky Store and it says 'Blade Runner 2049. Available now for you to buy and keep.' .Buy AND keep? Wow!!!

When I go to Tesco and buy a couple of bananas and pay for them at the till, the girl doesn't then say 'now you have bought them you can keep them.'

I don't have the assistant in Primark tell me the jeans I have just bought are now mine or the clock I bought from Argos now belongs to me.

What they surely mean is that you can either rent the film or buy it. What's all the ''buy and keep' nonsense?

You can never 'own' a film. What you've purchased is a right to view it which (thanks to Digital Rights Management) can be revoked at any time and without prior notice.

I personally object to the term 'boxed set' used by Sky and others since there is no 'box' or physical product of any kind.

Otis

You can never 'own' a film. What you've purchased is a right to view it which (thanks to Digital Rights Management) can be revoked at any time and without prior notice.

I personally object to the term 'boxed set' used by Sky and others since there is no 'box' or physical product of any kind.
So they are lying then if they say to buy and keep.

You are saying you might not be able to keep it. Would very much like to see the small print on that.

Otis

Just had a quick look on Sky and can't see anything saying that they can revoke the rights to your purchase, unless I missed it.

They are surely breaking the law then if they did revoke your rights, because there would be nothing in the purchase contract advising you of such an outcome when you bought it.

ajsccfc

I think they added 'and keep' for the dvd version because with the new Sky Q box if you leave their service they take the box back now.

shmmeee

Also with any streaming service you can only access the media while the service exists. As soon as it’s shut down you won’t be able to stream. This is true even for some download services with DRM that require the licence to be validated against a server somewhere every now and again.

chiefdave

Also with any streaming service you can only access the media while the service exists. As soon as it’s shut down you won’t be able to stream. This is true even for some download services with DRM that require the licence to be validated against a server somewhere every now and again.
I suspect if Apple or Amazon suddenly decided to end their streaming service there would be such uproar they'd have to come up with a way to transfer your library to another service.

On a related topic Bruce Willis took Apple to court as he wanted to be able to leave his iTunes library to his kids. He lost, when you die your library goes with you.

Otis

I suspect if Apple or Amazon suddenly decided to end their streaming service there would be such uproar they'd have to come up with a way to transfer your library to another service.

On a related topic Bruce Willis took Apple to court as he wanted to be able to leave his iTunes library to his kids. He lost, when you die your library goes with you.
In the city centre, does that mean the toilets underneath too?

Johnnythespider

Get it on vinyl Brucie

Otis

Scum of the earth.

I'm quite lucky in that my daughter reminds me how to speak and wont allow me to call it waddy.
There was a programme on TV a few years back and there was a school where so many of the children misspelled the word 'water.'

I guess if you are saying 'war err,' then writing down 'water' just isn't going to look right at all on the paper.

shmmeee

Luckily Apple does DRM free stuff IIRC so he should be good to just leave a copy.

I’d hope you’re right about DRM stuff, but we’ve seen it in games before when companies go bust. Like you say the big guns are probably too big now for it to happen.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Back pain, I pulled a lumbar in my back years ago and every now and then it goes.
I’m currently unable to sit down, stand up lie down or walk properly

I’m popping codine and ibuprofen like they are smarties

skyblue1991

Completely agree with you Tommy, hope you were winnng today.

Please tell me your thoughts on Panjabi MC and the kama sutra?

Covstu

People sat on gym equipment on their phone.
Or door-to-door salesmen who use the same line and get annoyed when you ask them repeatedly what it is they're trying to sell.
must admit I cannot remember the last time I had someone at my door selling anything? Jehovah's witnesses the other week but that's about it!!

I do get irritated by the charity people near the banks in town however!!

Otis

must admit I cannot remember the last time I had someone at my door selling anything? Jehovah's witnesses the other week but that's about it!!

I do get irritated by the charity people near the banks in town however!!
Do the old phone trick.

As soon as I see them I get my phone out and pretend I am talking to someone. They don't bother you at all then.

Plus my daughter loves it. I always pick some imaginary, fictional or historic figure and pretend I am chatting to them and having a full blown conversation with them. Makes my daughter grin and beam (I know, easily pleased)

Would say in the last 6 months I have spoken to Bugs Bunny, Hitler, Shakespeare, the Beverly Sisters, Frank Sinatra the Clangers, Jason Bourne, Winnie the Pooh and Jesus, amongst others.

Nick

Administrator
When we first moved in my wife was too polite to tell the Jehovas to piss off. They ended up getting her name and would drive especially to knock on the door to ask for her and how my daughter was etc.

Polite people and all that but very random, must be soul destroying.

As for door to door sales, don't really get many of them. Have dogs so it's a good excuse to go "got to go mate, dogs kicking off" or just quizzing them and generally being a dick to put them off coming back again to get us blacklisted.

Amber windows though when we had a landline number, was 3 or 4 times a week.

Users who are viewing this thread