Things that annoy you (20 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I only have the landline for internet, nobody else has the number, so I can enjoy answering it in many varied and interesting ways whenever it rings!

It's annoying it has to be there, but we just unplugged the phone in the end.

It was a good trick to give the phone to a toddler to let them talk to whoever it was.

Although if that's what you want to do with your evenings ;)

giphy.gif

NorthernWisdom

Did feel sorry for the old boy who it turned out had the wrong number.

he rang, I answered and started off with a IF I'VE TOLD YOU ONCE YOU'RE NOT COMING BACK, AND YOU CAN FORGET ABOUT SEEING THE KIDS AND I'M TAKING YOU FOR EVERY PENNY YOU'VE GOT!!! type thing before slamming the phone down. Immediately afterwards it rang again and a very scared and shocked voice meekly said 'he-hello?' at me.

Hope he wasn't too upset, and got the right number in the end ;)

dutchman

When we first moved in my wife was too polite to tell the Jehovas to piss off. They ended up getting her name and would drive especially to knock on the door to ask for her and how my daughter was etc.

Polite people and all that but very random, must be soul destroying.

I had Jehovas knock once when I had very severe toothache. One of them worked at Boots and recommended Nurofen, it worked a treat!

Nick

Administrator
Why do people need to suck their fingers after eating like they are trying to get a golfball through a hose pipe?

Otis

Why do people need to suck their fingers after eating like they are trying to get a golfball through a hose pipe?
I hate when people go into the bakery section of a supermarket where they have loose rolls and bread and cakes etc. and people just go in and start poking at the produce and picking cakes and rolls up with their hands and then putting them back again.

It's enough to turn someone OCD.

mechaishida

It's pretty irritating to be awoken at 3:55am by one of your many cats, chucking his guts up noisily on the stairs.

Little bastard had got hold of the Dreamies packet, and proceeded to eat the entire contents thereof, and part of the packet itself. It was quite a hefty pile of sick, I can tell you.

This is the same cat who was stuck to the curtains last week, he didn't retract his claws and wound himself up in the fucking curtain like a cocoon.

richnrg

Parliamentary Committee Enquiries

e.g.
Committee: "Hey Carillion bosses, you've been very naughty and irresponsible, causing misery and financial loss to thousands, whilst pocketing millions yourselves - HAVEN'T YOU!?""
Bosses "Silence"
Committee: "OK, well consider yourselves told off!"
Bosses (to themselves) "fuck, that was easy - I thought we'd at least get a detention. Who's for a round of golf?"

Captain Dart

Parliamentary Committee Enquiries

e.g.
Committee: "Hey Carillion bosses, you've been very naughty and irresponsible, causing misery and financial loss to thousands, whilst pocketing millions yourselves - HAVEN'T YOU!?""
Bosses "Silence"
Committee: "OK, well consider yourselves told off!"
Bosses (to themselves) "fuck, that was easy - I thought we'd at least get a detention. Who's for a round of golf?"

Very easy to appear contrite with their massive pensions and other 'rewards' they've awarded themselves over the years.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The amount of thefts/attempted thefts both car & house taking place at the minute, on local Facebook groups every day somebodies car is nicked and houses being broken into or attempted. I’m very security conscious but it just seems like a matter of time!

Criminals know the police are stretched and can’t respond or investigate.

Sad times and easy pickings for scumbags!

chiefdave

The amount of thefts/attempted thefts both car & house taking place at the minute, on local Facebook groups every day somebodies car is nicked and houses being broken into or attempted. I’m very security conscious but it just seems like a matter of time!
There was a story in the news a while back that someone had caught a car thief in the act, chased him, caught and detained him and then the police didn't turn up for hours.

Use of private security firms is increasing. We've heading to a society where you only get an acceptable standard of policing if you can afford to pay for it. I live in Finham and its been suggested here by the police, via the local neighbourhood watch, that members of the public group together and go on patrol. That seems a recipe for disaster to me.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

There was a story in the news a while back that someone had caught a car thief in the act, chased him, caught and detained him and then the police didn't turn up for hours.

Use of private security firms is increasing. We've heading to a society where you only get an acceptable standard of policing if you can afford to pay for it. I live in Finham and its been suggested here by the police, via the local neighbourhood watch, that members of the public group together and go on patrol. That seems a recipe for disaster to me.

You’re very close to me, so I know all the comings and goings on that Facebook group.

This article is a very true reflection of policing in the UK at the minute -

The shocking truth about policing in Cambridge

Scary.

Did you see the numbers and shift patterns of officers covering pretty much all of CV3 and more the other day that was posted on the site absolutely frightening.

Liquid Gold

Rant over!

It’s bad enough when people use it anyway but I’ve seen it on comments that are just s couple of lines. 1, it’s not a rant 2, we know it’s over because you’ve finished.

Nick

Administrator
People who can't stick to the simple "Mate" usage and need to keep changing it each time "pal, fella, gent, matey, cocker".

Otis

People who can't stick to the simple "Mate" usage and need to keep changing it each time "pal, fella, gent, matey, cocker".
Don't think I have ever been called 'cocker' or 'gent,' but definitely been subjected to all the others.

Nick

Administrator
Cocker is a word of choice for the older gent. Like Brut and Old Spice, I hope to be using it when I am old enough when I don't look out of place for saying it.

Otis

I refuse to believe this!
Isn't an old thing from 40 or 50 years ago?

Don't think I have heard anyone call anyone else it either, well apart from my friend Jarvis of course.

We must mix in different circles. Either that, or you mix and I don't.

Nick

Administrator
I Try and stick to chap or occassionally fella ,usually stick decent in front.

Chap is a good one!

I mean when it's the same person who uses all of them, it's not so bad when people stick to one or two but there's no need to go through all of them one after the other.

"Son, lad"

"Youth" is dying out.

xcraigx

I've probably done this one in the past but fake disabled people. One of my brother in laws has had some of his disability payments stopped and he has had to go to a medical today to prove he is actually disabled. He has decided to make out he has anger management issues and went in and kicked off so he wouldn't get his medical. Doesn't sound like the actions of someone who does actually have something wrong with him. Anyway, the meeting doesn't seem to have gone in his favour so 25 years of faking it may have just caught up with him. It turns out he and his twin (who has also been 'disabled' for 25 years) have been able to claim around £350 a month between them for being each other's carer too and that's been stopped. Happy days :)

Users who are viewing this thread