this summer's cricket (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Out of nick for sure but he’s a player we won’t realise how good he was til next years Ashes when we have 2 new openers opening for the 8th Test in a row between the Sri Lanka series and now!

Guess it means Jennings will stay for a little longer!

Burns should now come in as next cab off the rank, but openers not a helluva lot knocking on the door in county cricket!
Good decision as this isn't a 'blip' and it saves face so he isn't dropped. Don't think Jennings is suitable either so I think we will see an ongoing switch of 1's and 2's.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I’m going completely left field but I wouldn’t be against Woakes being given a run there for the winter if nobody else is up to it......

tisza

Out of nick for sure but he’s a player we won’t realise how good he was til next years Ashes when we have 2 new openers opening for the 8th Test in a row between the Sri Lanka series and now!

Guess it means Jennings will stay for a little longer!

Burns should now come in as next cab off the rank, but openers not a helluva lot knocking on the door in county cricket!
don't remember the cupboard ever being so bare for top 3 batsmen. Been basically grim since Strauss and Bell stepped down.
give Burns ago. Shows how desperate we are when Jennings will basically secure a spot because there is no-one else.
Highlight of Cook's career and how good he was has to be 2010/11 Ashes. 200 odd not out to save 1st Test and then got around 750 runs in the series win over there

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

don't remember the cupboard ever being so bare for top 3 batsmen. Been basically grim since Strauss and Bell stepped down.
give Burns ago. Shows how desperate we are when Jennings will basically secure a spot because there is no-one else.
Highlight of Cook's career and how good he was has to be 2010/11 Ashes. 200 odd not out to save 1st Test and then got around 750 runs in the series win over there

Was in Aus for that series was sensational from Cook.

Such a shame that a bloke who was world class, fit as any cricketer in the history of the game is retiring at 33, I thought he’d go on til 37/38.

Good guy and it’d be fitting if he gets the 147 over the 2inns to go above Sangakkarra to 5th in the all time run scorers!

Gazolba

Cook has been well below par for some time now. I'd leave him out of the final test.
By his own admission, 'there is nothing left in the tank'.
If they feel they have to grant him a goodbye match, get in a new opener and drop him down to number three. However, that might be considered an insult.
He's still useful as a slip fielder.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Cook has been well below par for some time now. I'd leave him out of the final test.
If they feel they have to grant him a goodbye match, get in a new opener and drop him down to number three. However, that might be considered an insult.

I don’t mind him having a farewell test but I’d bring Burns in alongside him. They won’t though.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Also to show how respected Cook is, some of the Cricket journalists found out last night he would be retiring and would be announced today and decided against reporting it to allow Cook to announce it himself.

Grendel

Also to show how respected Cook is, some of the Cricket journalists found out last night he would be retiring and would be announced today and decided against reporting it to allow Cook to announce it himself.

Jonathan Agnew said he thought he might at 8 am this morning

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Pietersen spelling Cook’s name wrong & finding a table with his own record in to ‘congratulate’ tweet for Cook.....classic Kev

Covstu

Nah he has to be in the line up to get his farewell. Nothing game either

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Can’t wait for the fun of the winter on turning wickets in SL no Cook to anchor (when in form), a captain who is all over the shop!

Covstu

Another collapse again, top order performed at last but no one else did! Can’t friggin win!

Gazolba

Three ducks, the normally reliable Root, Bairstow, and Curran! At least Cook got a decent score.
It's going to be an uphill struggle from here ...

Otis

Three ducks, the normally reliable Root, Bairstow, and Curran! At least Cook got a decent score.
It's going to be an uphill struggle from here ...
Need at least another 50-60 to be anything like competitive I would have thought.

They say it's the best batting strip of the series, so you would be expecting India to be getting a minimum of 350 here.

England's bowlers will have to bowl magnificently. Funny old game through, cricket, so you never know.

Otis

England now making a fist of this. 259-8. The good thing too is that the ball is moving about quite significantly. If it keeps doing that today for us when we are bowling we could have a good day.

Otis

This is great from England.

288-8. If they can top 300 that's going to be pretty competitive you now feel. Ball still moving around.

Gazolba

Could not believe our total when I looked at the scoreboard this morning. I thought 250 max.
And free scoring India freeze up as soon as Anderson and Broad come on to bowl. Then Anderson gets a critical wicket.
What a bowler! He's now taken more India test wickets than any one else.

Gazolba

Why couldn't Cook pretend it was his last ever test innings in every game?
India are just postponing the inevitable now.
Surely we must win from this position.

Users who are viewing this thread