TICKETS (1 Viewer)

lacesoutdom

It gets better and better. Heads need to roll.

I've brought Club Coventry tickets to be with my 13 year old, who has tickets in there. Now today, I receive this:

View attachment 29612
Ive had the same email - treated my old man to this, hes really excited, and now i need to tell him its not happening, im sure he'll be just as pleased were going to the game, but its the principal.

Corrado

Anyone else who purchased Hospitality tickets had this email this morn? Suits me fine as only bought them as nothing else was available at the the time. Saves me £100! Worth checking though if you fancied a coffee at half time
Edit: just seen Edge’s post

Attachments

• 94767DA7-D79A-4B24-8B3C-B8E0F55CD360.png
    94767DA7-D79A-4B24-8B3C-B8E0F55CD360.png
    468.3 KB · Views: 66

GaryPendrysEyes

Really?? could you not make an foi to the police service?
No because the police don’t put bans in place, the club does.
If there is an apparent threat leading to severe measures to mitigate risk what is being done to reduce the threat?

it doesn’t seem like an unreasonable question to ask the club.

Sky Blue Pete

You must want to smash your head on the wall with answers like that. If they sell block 13, people can't move through a block that's full. Madness.
Yes but it depends what the authorities have planned doesn’t it?
It’s more difficult to get up to that block but yep it’s nuts

bigfatronssba

But we don’t actually have that right do we? We don’t own the club or anything.

That’s fine then. I can find an interest to spend my money on that will engage with me.

coop

We walked from the Premier Inn to the ground surrounded by Boro fans. My lad had his top on, so they could see we were City fans. Not a peep. Happens here too though, doesn't it? Overall we're not a bad bunch.

You get the 16 year old Stone Island Crew hanging around by the 444 every week. Not sure if they actually start anything.
We go in the bull and anchor mostly before home games always away fans in there never seen any problems.

chiefdave

So an update
I’ve asked Colin Henderson who chairs the supporters forum and is a member of sag to follow up the decisions with ccfc
Also the club has confirmed that the reason given for by the stadium safety team was to stop migration from singers corner into the south stand
And yes I have asked who makes up the stadium safety team.
I don’t think it’s many tickets (few hundreds) so the capacity crowd is likely to be slightly lower than the Birmingham game
Think this conversation will run and run
Frankly if I was on the stadium safety team I’d be embarrassed to put something like that out.

It’s essentially them saying we are incapable of doing our job properly. Nowhere else in the country sees home fans segregated from other home fans, the fact that supporters can wander across multiple blocks of empty seats without being challenged by stewards or the police says a lot more about their incompetence than it does about the idiot minority of supporters

NorthernWisdom

I know you do and thanks for doing so - but if CCFC pay people to be supporters liaisons then they could/should also make themselves available on forums like this no?
Hmm, always think it's a hiding to nothing if you get involved on forums such as this. Starts out nobly, often descends... I know they were rather more charged times(!) but even then, when PWKH posted here on behalf of Higgs, and Stuart Linnell posted on behalf of... himself? then it all started off well, but the proper challenging questions were lost amidst a haze of cunting, which allowed the easy out of moral outrage. You could say you moderate questions, but that always runs the risk of accusations of bias, whether fair or not.

I'd have thought the supporters liasons need control over whatever they do. I'd start, maybe, with webinars where supporters reps had access to ask the questions live, others had access to view but not intervene in any way... and develop from there. You never know, maybe there'd come a point where popping up on here *would* be appropriate.

Grendel

Hmm, always think it's a hiding to nothing if you get involved on forums such as this. Starts out nobly, often descends... I know they were rather more charged times(!) but even then, when PWKH posted here on behalf of Higgs, and Stuart Linnell posted on behalf of... himself? then it all started off well, but the proper challenging questions were lost amidst a haze of cunting, which allowed the easy out of moral outrage. You could say you moderate questions, but that always runs the risk of accusations of bias, whether fair or not.

I'd have thought the supporters liasons need control over whatever they do. I'd start, maybe, with webinars where supporters reps had access to ask the questions live, others had access to view but not intervene in any way... and develop from there. You never know, maybe there'd come a point where popping up on here *would* be appropriate.

I think from memory someone told Linnell to fuck off after 2 minutes

Jcap

I see your point but in this instance we have forum moderators who could screen questions/ comments before releasing to the thread - much like is done on newspaper and other public websites.

But yes they were much more charged times and I’m probably guilty of flinging some inappropriate comments over myself lol.

richnrg

You should be ok then.

Got mine yesterday morning after seeing rumours Corporate tickets were available again.
I was wondering whether you might be able to get to lounge from your seat somehow, by mentioning to whoever is 'on guard' that your 13 year old is in there.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The thing is, never in my mind would I have thought about having a scrap with either 'Boro or those in block 14.

Now we're segregated though...

War Fire GIF by Mayans M.C.

bigfatronssba

Good luck with that 😊

You don’t see the problem though?

Am I a customer or am I a supporter?

Supporters have a right to know everything about matchday operations barring commercial sensitivities

bigfatronssba

What have they put in place to stop Boro fans in block 8 crowding into block 9?

AndreasB

Yeah, the selling of corporate and then realising they can't be honoured is a joke. I wonder if they have completely oversold it?

The issue is that there are seats at the front of the corporate seating areas that have been released with the removal of the Boyle Sports banners. However, the Lounge is at capacity so they are sold as Standard tickets ( this happened at the Birmingham game)

bigfatronssba

I thought you already knew that it was the club making every decision?

We’ve been through all this already, and as forum moderator I’m surprised you want to stoke up an argument again. Aren’t you supposed to calm things down on here?

And as we’ve discussed, it is the club making every decision, however they are heavily dependent on advice to ensure matchday operations run smoothly.

richnrg

The issue is that there are seats at the front of the corporate seating areas that have been released with the removal of the Boyle Sports banners. However, the Lounge is at capacity so they are sold as Standard tickets ( this happened at the Birmingham game)
what then prevents those in these seats from accessing the lounge after getting to their seats? Is there a bouncer between the seats and the lounge?

Users who are viewing this thread