TICKETS (3 Viewers)

bigfatronssba

I assume SAG say they can’t reduce their risk mitigation (via segregation) unless the club take more action to reduce the threat (of potentially violent fans) in ‘the corner’. So they’ll want more bans, move people or more stewards in that area.
All the above needs evidence. And clearly they need to assess the threat on a game by game basis.

You can’t ban people though unless they’re doing something wrong, and the percentage of people doing something wrong at our games (serious enough to warrant a ban) is minuscule

pusbccfc

No, no they don't

You do have a warped idea of "fan culture", very post sky sports

The whole thing around attendances is a big point for fans. Otherwise, people wouldn't be singing about empty grounds and being a library etc.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
After about 60 mins yest between blocks 19/20, a load of blokes came and sat in the upper half aisle. After a few mins, a couple of stewards came up to talk to them and then nothing happened. They stayed there in the way for the rest of the game in the way of everyone.

Exactly what did all those stewards and police do yesterday?!

Warwickhunt

I had a mate who was watching on Sky messaging me to ask why there were so many empty seats? I've not watched it back yet, but we're losing loads of income with this over zealous "safeguarding" and has to be addressed before next season.
if they dont start selling the normal priced season tickets very soon they will lose a lot of income! the £500 has had its day now

MTK

Agreed, they’ve probably maxed out the Premium Zone sales now, but lots will take the gamble on PL football at these prices so open it up and let the dog see the rabbit.
This is probably true but we renewed ours yesterday as Premier package tickets. We would have been standard renewals. So they are still selling but maybe we were the only ones! It would be interesting to know how many have now sold

Brighton Sky Blue

if they dont start selling the normal priced season tickets very soon they will lose a lot of income! the £500 has had its day now

I don’t think it has until either we go out on Wednesday or if we somehow get through, until kick off time at the final

shmmeee

This is probably true but we renewed ours yesterday as Premier package tickets. We would have been standard renewals. So they are still selling but maybe we were the only ones! It would be interesting to know how many have now sold

Yeah you’d hope the club are monitoring for a drop off in sales before changing.

slowpoke

He’s the CEO the buck stops with him
So you think it was his decision and his alone then.
I would think there will have been a meeting or meetings with a number of parties and a decision made what and how to do things, wouldn’t be surprised if King was part of it, safety lot and possibly the police as well.
The situation with that one block gap and half a block the other side between fans admittedly is a joke and needs looking at.
I watched Arsenal v Brighton yesterday and the rival fans could almost shake hands.

Brighton Sky Blue

I would think there will have been a meeting or meetings with a number of parties and a decision made what and how to do things, wouldn’t be surprised if King was part of it, safety lot and possibly the police as well.
The situation with that one block gap and half a block the other side between fans admittedly is a joke and needs looking at.
I watched Arsenal v Brighton yesterday and the rival fans could almost shake hands.

I never said his alone. But the amateurish handling of non footballing matters is usually down to his involvement or lack of it. This ignoring the sale of Hyam on the cheap at the end of the transfer window.

He is the Andy Thorn of CEOs

bigfatronssba

The club will (or should) have been arguing for every single seat to be filled.

If the club lost that argument against various safety groups, then that is his failure

bigfatronssba

I don't follow the logic.

Putting the regular STs on sale doesn't take anything away from buying the Premier gamble ST if that's what you want. I'm not going to pay 500 just because I'm impatient

Same logic of closing block 13 but then letting a load of people without tickets in there

SBbucks

I’m not sure if all season ticket holders were successful at getting a ticket for the game yesterday
They should be the priority imo

There will be a bigger allocation for Wembley

Season ticket holders had every chance, even if for some reason they didn’t reserve their usual seats in the first 24 hours. There were hundreds of tickets unsold for 2-3 hours after blocks 11 & 12 were released. The surge in sales in those blocks only happened at about 4pm when it looks like the club removed the 200 points requirement (without publicising it). Clear evidence that a lot of the noise about not getting tickets was from people with less than 200 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobbie_67

I don't follow the logic.

Putting the regular STs on sale doesn't take anything away from buying the Premier gamble ST if that's what you want. I'm not going to pay 500 just because I'm impatient

It’ll be due to early bird prices. You can only hold your current season ticket seat for so long before it is released on general sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

So by the same token that we are in the play offs, have progressed year on year is down to him?

Clearly not as that’s not his remit. If Betty the tea lady is responsible for delivering refreshments at Ryton and has achieved this for 6 years Betty isn’t responsible for the play offs

slowpoke

The club will (or should) have been arguing for every single seat to be filled.

If the club lost that argument against various safety groups, then that is his failure
Absolute tripe, it will have been a decision by all, he might have wanted it done another way, I’m not a fully paid up member of any DB fan club by the way but re the tickets and block closure just blaming him is rubbish.

Brighton Sky Blue

Absolute tripe, it will have been a decision by all, he might have wanted it done another way, I’m not a fully paid up member of any DB fan club by the way but re the tickets and block closure just blaming him is rubbish.

He’s a clown out of his depth. Who signed off on the tinpot flag yesterday? Another example.

bigfatronssba

It’s done by committee.

The CCFC representatives obviously failed to persuade the committee. That is down to him.

You can’t keep blaming other people

Boosh

The club have sent me 4 Away tickets rather than 2. All for the same 2 seats so who knows which will work. FFS Hoffman

bigfatronssba

It's funnier watching how desperate people are to make out it's all boddy

Is even funnier watching people think the club have handed all responsibility of its main income source to third parties

Boosh

Is even funnier watching people think the club have handed all responsibility of its main income source to third parties

You’re arguing with someone who has apparently watched Middlesbrough play for 180 minutes and still thinks they play wingbacks. Just leave the clown alone

Boosh

front row in the north stand was it?

yeah we couldn’t see a thing. I let my mum have my usual seat. I’ve got a similar seat for Harry Styles and that’ll be the last time I sit low down again lol.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

After about 60 mins yest between blocks 19/20, a load of blokes came and sat in the upper half aisle. After a few mins, a couple of stewards came up to talk to them and then nothing happened. They stayed there in the way for the rest of the game in the way of everyone.

Exactly what did all those stewards and police do yesterday?!

Sky blue Pete.

You need to bring this up at the next meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread