Time to part ways… (1 Viewer)

rob9872

He and his staff signed 4 year contracts in the summer and was given more money to spend than anyone in our history.

Personally I think he's lucky he has that credit in the bank from previous seasons and the fans support as King doesn't seem the most clued up on football and when not his own appointment could have easily pulled the trigger, however we're not too far away, have alnost a full squad finally available and whilst not in the bottom 3 should be given a chance.

Year on year we've improved under him so this the first dip and will be interesting to see how he reacts. Bottom line is that unless we continue that f downward trajectory, he isn't going anywhere, so need to stop these constant repeated questions after every defeat and support him and the team.

calibrase6

This isn’t a sack Robins or Robins out thread.

When has a manager like Robins (who’s been here for a long time) actually just taken the club as far as he can?

Does there come a time when naturally with both parties you have to freshens things up, new ideas, new ways of working with players etc?

Robins did better with no money/limited funds and got the team to gel, yet he can’t do it will multi million pound footballers? Is it just a step too far?

He’s done what was required which was lift us from the it’s of the football league to settled back in the Championship. Is it task complete and now we need a new breed of manager to take us forward?
Erm his squad this season is 15 million quid less than last season. Probably more as Doyle and Mcnally and Norton Cuffy were better than Kitching Thomas and MVE. Not really surprising we are not as good is it

Otis

Erm his squad this season is 15 million quid less than last season. Probably more as Doyle and Mcnally and Norton Cuffy were better than Kitching Thomas and MVE. Not really surprising we are not as good is it
Doyle and McNally? Maybe.

But Norton-Cuffy?

calibrase6

Doyle and McNally? Maybe.

But Norton-Cuffy?
Yes i think so. MVE has really disappointed me. I actually like Kitching and Thomas and think they will be good signings eventually but MVE and Da Silva seem to be the most disappointing in that they arguably were the most important signings as the idea was to have two wing backs who were more explosive and could create more chances and deliver dangerous balls in the box. Neither have improved the team at all in that regard and now we are playing with orthodox full backs due to that fact and having to tighten up defensively from crosses into our area.
None of the new signings are better than what we had and Robins cannot be blamed if he isn't given the funds to improve the talent he had previously.

Martin180

Yes i think so. MVE has really disappointed me. I actually like Kitching and Thomas and think they will be good signings eventually but MVE and Da Silva seem to be the most disappointing in that they arguably were the most important signings as the idea was to have two wing backs who were more explosive and could create more chances and deliver dangerous balls in the box. Neither have improved the team at all in that regard and now we are playing with orthodox full backs due to that fact and having to tighten up defensively from crosses into our area.
None of the new signings are better than what we had and Robins cannot be blamed if he isn't given the funds to improve the talent he had previously.
Most of them are better than what we had bar Vik , Gus and Doyle . Jeez just see where we are end of the season and who we recruit in the next two windows

procdoc

When has a manager like Robins (who’s been here for a long time) actually just taken the club as far as he can?

Does there come a time when naturally with both parties you have to freshens things up, new ideas, new ways of working with players etc?

Robins did better with no money/limited funds and got the team to gel, yet he can’t do it will multi million pound footballers? Is it just a step too far?

He’s done what was required which was lift us from the it’s of the football league to settled back in the Championship. Is it task complete and now we need a new breed of manager to take us forward?
Can you part ways and ‘support’ someone else?

calibrase6

Most of them are better than what we had bar Vik , Gus and Doyle . Jeez just see where we are end of the season and who we recruit in the next two windows
Wright and Simms (i like both) are not as good as Gyokeres. Simms as of yet not doing anything better than Walker or Waghorn would be doing albeit he has much more potential obviously.
Da Silva is not an upgrade on Bidwell and Wilson-Ebrand was better.
Ayari compared to hamer doesnt merit a comment
McNally and Doyle were better than kitching and Thomas so far. Collins i dont think is an upgrade on Wilson.
Sakamoto hasnt really replaced anyone but is a good signing, yet we dont play him often for a run of games.
Latabadieuere ive no idea why he was signed now as no idea where he fits into this system.

I am defending Robins here. My point is that if people wanted to see an immediate upturn in the teams performances then to see that improvement required being given the 35million pounds we got for our two best players plus another 10 million quid for it to be said we definitely have a stronger squad and should be doing better. I agree the next two windows will be pivotal. This season is about staying up while we build the squad Robins wants.

TewkesburySkyBlue

I woke in the middle of the night and thought I’d have a look to see what the boo boys are saying and I was not disappointed.
I completely disagree with much of the Robins out crap on here.
And some of the facile comments such as it’s only home fans who support him.
what a load of crap.
I don’t go away much now as I’m in my late seventies and whilst I think the SBA is amazing the behaviour of a small minority makes me despair.
I was watching City all over the country before some of you lot were even born so don’t call me a home supporter.
In my very humble opinion MR is the best manager we have had in my lifetime bar none.
OK this season has not been great but we all know why.
The major problem seems to be that Gus left at such a late stage and I bet he’s really chuffed that he joined the Blades 😂.
Im not very impressed by some of our signings but I’m prepared to give them time and bow to Robins who has forgotten more about football than some on here will ever learn.
I can think of no one I would rather have as our manager.
PUSB night night.

Otis

I woke in the middle of the night and thought I’d have a look to see what the boo boys are saying and I was not disappointed.
I completely disagree with much of the Robins out crap on here.
And some of the facile comments such as it’s only home fans who support him.
what a load of crap.
I don’t go away much now as I’m in my late seventies and whilst I think the SBA is amazing the behaviour of a small minority makes me despair.
I was watching City all over the country before some of you lot were even born so don’t call me a home supporter.
In my very humble opinion MR is the best manager we have had in my lifetime bar none.
OK this season has not been great but we all know why.
The major problem seems to be that Gus left at such a late stage and I bet he’s really chuffed that he joined the Blades 😂.
Im not very impressed by some of our signings but I’m prepared to give them time and bow to Robins who has forgotten more about football than some on here will ever learn.
I can think of no one I would rather have as our manager.
PUSB night night.
I do have sympathy with Robins and the club over Hamer. He left it very late in the day before deciding to leave.

I don't think Robins had time to get a decent replacement (was surely looking with great urgency) and we then got offered Ayari, who seemed to have great promise. I am guessing Robins was hopeful he would be able to do a fair enough job for us.

For me, he's been the one dud in the recruitment process. He just doesn't seem anything like ready for the cut and thrust of first team, senior level football.

Greggs

We've not got anymore money. Robins has already admitted that he'll have to go begging to Joy, oops sorry, Doug.

covcity4life

I think with robins I have faith he will get us where we need to get to long term

I think it's fair to say perhaps the journey could be quicker than it is taking. He's making a few mistakes.

But overall he will do it so not worth wondering if another manager would do it quicker.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think with robins I have faith he will get us where we need to get to long term

I think it's fair to say perhaps the journey could be quicker than it is taking. He's making a few mistakes.

But overall he will do it so not worth wondering if another manager would do it quicker.

There’s no doubt the pressure on him and expectations are a lot higher now. Nearly got to the Premiership and spent millions on players for the first time. Doug is a business man and that means objectives need to be met.

We’re seeing for the first time Robins feeling the pressure in terms of some of his decision making from players signed (expensive signings) to tactics.

Chris1987

Players were bought with a system in mind. That system didn't work . A new formation is tried which works well for a couple of games and is then scrapped because we are up against a better side . Robins biggest error this season amongst a few. Nothing to merit a sacking though as yet. Let him finish the rebuild and judge then.

Macca

I see most here are unable to engage in a proper debate about the questions I posed. I didn’t say Robins out, but too many are wrapped in cotton wool that Robins is untouchable so come out with silly comments.

I’m not surprised it’s almost something that can’t be discussed sensibly. I think he will be here in 5 years whatever happens on the pitch

AFCCOVENTRY

Players were bought with a system in mind. That system didn't work . A new formation is tried which works well for a couple of games and is then scrapped because we are up against a better side . Robins biggest error this season amongst a few. Nothing to merit a sacking though as yet. Let him finish the rebuild and judge then.

If we say this season is one for the players to gel then expectations are next season for promotion push. Robins needs to settle with a formation and it’s the one that got us recent results. The players he signed don’t seem to work in a 3 at the back with wingbacks.

clint van damme

I see most here are unable to engage in a proper debate about the questions I posed. I didn’t say Robins out, but too many are wrapped in cotton wool that Robins is untouchable so come out with silly comments.

I think it's great that we have a manager who people feel needs defending at even the slightest questioning of his position to be honest.

For years we had a succession of managers who the very thought of brings me out in a cold sweat and who most of us were more than happy to see the back of.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think it's great that we have a manager who people feel needs defending at even the slightest questioning of his position to be honest.

For years we had a succession of managers who the very thought of brings me out in a cold sweat and who most of us were more than happy to see the back of.

We’ve had some shit and Robins is undoubtedly been the best for us since our predicament of being in L2.

His position isn’t being questioned but the question is if a club can’t progress anymore under the same manager, you just become a mid table Champ side for example, I don’t expect Doug would settle for that. Some fans would because he’s treating like a lord.

clint van damme

We’ve had some shit and Robins is undoubtedly been the best for us since our predicament of being in L2.

His position isn’t being questioned but the question is if a club can’t progress anymore under the same manager, you just become a mid table Champ side for example, I don’t expect Doug would settle for that. Some fans would because he’s treating like a lord.

It isnt treating him like a lord, it's giving him due respect based on his record with us since he came back.
For every bedwetting post this season you can find an almost identical one from any other seasons since Robins returned yet all of those seasons were an improvement on the previous one.

We will, at some point, take step backward, I keep saying it, how many clubs have forward momentum. For 6 or 7 consecutive seasons?

If this is the year we take a step backwards Robins has more than enough credit in the bank to earn a shot at getting us on the front foot again.

stevefloyd

I think its more of a case of lets part ways with our inept scouting crew, theres a reason why the likes of Leicester Brighton and co have done well in recent years RECRUITMENT and obviously spending some cash... Our biggest recruitment should have been investing in a chief scout who can spot a needle in a haystack, we cannot keep spunking millions on players that then come to us and are either unfit or lacking confidence or as it appears cannot trap a bag of cement! We done well with the recruiting of Viktor and Gus but we have failed to add to them, probably due to money constraints and when we did get some money obviously everyone else knew we had some so decided to inflate the price of certain players.
Apparently Robins has the final say about signings but as lucky as we got with Vik and Gus there was an awful lot of bad luck with the likes of Waggy, Walker etc etc

Grendel

I’m not surprised it’s almost something that can’t be discussed sensibly. I think he will be here in 5 years whatever happens on the pitch

If we were close to relegation at any point king would pull the trigger

Grendel

I think its more of a case of lets part ways with our inept scouting crew, theres a reason why the likes of Leicester Brighton and co have done well in recent years RECRUITMENT and obviously spending some cash... Our biggest recruitment should have been investing in a chief scout who can spot a needle in a haystack, we cannot keep spunking millions on players that then come to us and are either unfit or lacking confidence or as it appears cannot trap a bag of cement! We done well with the recruiting of Viktor and Gus but we have failed to add to them, probably due to money constraints and when we did get some money obviously everyone else knew we had some so decided to inflate the price of certain players.
Apparently Robins has the final say about signings but as lucky as we got with Vik and Gus there was an awful lot of bad luck with the likes of Waggy, Walker etc etc

Robins personally selected the Head of Recruitment

Matt smith

Completely agree Chris

higgs

The ones he spent millions on??

Not sure that excuse works.
Thomas and Kitching it's their first season in the championship the money spent on them will be a truer reflection next season with a season of championship football behind them. I'd expect Simms and MVE and Saka to be a lot better next season aswell. I'd ride out this season hopefully stay up with qpr and Wednesday improving and give Robins next season to work his miracles but I'm not Doug the ball is in his court and it's a massive decision if it goes wrong it will turn toxic very fast and doug will be as likes as sisu.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Better the devil we know with me.Small things like yesterday my thoughts as soon as the team was announced were I could not see us winning.We had just picked up 7 points out of 9 looked pretty solid at the back and he changes things .Instead of worrying about them make them worry about us. If he sees things are not working then change. I'm of the belief never change a winning team.On the whole he is doing alright the new players are settling in.By christmas IMO we will be sitting not far under the playoff 's

CV22SBA

I’ve not seen King at the games recently, since Norwich I think. In fact the Directors box is pretty empty the last few games.

stevefloyd

Thomas and Kitching it's their first season in the championship the money spent on them will be a truer reflection next season with a season of championship football behind them. I'd expect Simms and MVE and Saka to be a lot better next season aswell. I'd ride out this season hopefully stay up with qpr and Wednesday improving and give Robins next season to work his miracles but I'm not Doug the ball is in his court and it's a massive decision if it goes wrong it will turn toxic very fast and doug will be as likes as sisu.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Saka will I imagine be put on a bulk/strengthening program as I have said on here a few times when Berkamp first come to english football he didn't do too well in his first season but over the rest of them he was awesome

Users who are viewing this thread