Time to part ways… (2 Viewers)

Matt smith

Thomas and Kitching it's their first season in the championship the money spent on them will be a truer reflection next season with a season of championship football behind them. I'd expect Simms and MVE and Saka to be a lot better next season aswell. I'd ride out this season hopefully stay up with qpr and Wednesday improving and give Robins next season to work his miracles but I'm not Doug the ball is in his court and it's a massive decision if it goes wrong it will turn toxic very fast and doug will be as likes as sisu.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Hopefully stay up - that’s good enough is it?

agreed that most of the signings will improve

Otis

It isnt treating him like a lord, it's giving him due respect based on his record with us since he came back.
For every bedwetting post this season you can find an almost identical one from any other seasons since Robins returned yet all of those seasons were an improvement on the previous one.

We will, at some point, take step backward, I keep saying it, how many clubs have forward momentum. For 6 or 7 consecutive seasons?

If this is the year we take a step backwards Robins has more than enough credit in the bank to earn a shot at getting us on the front foot again.
Well said and I agree with every word of that

To question things occasionally is fine, but invariably, there seems to be a new thread questioning Robins every single time we lose a game

Robins has more than enough in the bank for me and deserves a chance to turn our season into a very good one. He's done it before. I do think it may take one or two additions in the January window to do it again this season and for us to be a force, but I trust him to put a smile back on all our faces again.

When I say all, obviously there is just no pleasing some people. 🤪

Sick Boy

Thomas and Kitching it's their first season in the championship the money spent on them will be a truer reflection next season with a season of championship football behind them. I'd expect Simms and MVE and Saka to be a lot better next season aswell. I'd ride out this season hopefully stay up with qpr and Wednesday improving and give Robins next season to work his miracles but I'm not Doug the ball is in his court and it's a massive decision if it goes wrong it will turn toxic very fast and doug will be as likes as sisu.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Kitching had already played in the Championship.

Sick Boy

I think it’s fair to say he’s feeling the pressure to a certain extent and possibly adjusting to a change in circumstances; we’ve always seem to thrive as the underdogs under him.

He does need to actually start playing the striker he spent millions on over the summer now over Godden.

Brighton Sky Blue

Better the devil we know with me.Small things like yesterday my thoughts as soon as the team was announced were I could not see us winning.We had just picked up 7 points out of 9 looked pretty solid at the back and he changes things .Instead of worrying about them make them worry about us. If he sees things are not working then change. I'm of the belief never change a winning team.On the whole he is doing alright the new players are settling in.By christmas IMO we will be sitting not far under the playoff 's
He explained that he wanted to be more solid but keep an attacking threat. Ayari does neither and COH isn’t up to speed, so that argument makes no sense.

Grendel

Even if it’s a disaster of a season and we get relegated … in June, every league 1 team would sack their manager to bring him in.

If I was in charge, he’s got another 18 months at least.

What nonsense

Brighton Sky Blue

Even if it’s a disaster of a season and we get relegated … in June, every league 1 team would sack their manager to bring him in.

If I was in charge, he’s got another 18 months at least.
If we got relegated he’d be sacked and season ticket sales would halve. Mid table is the bare minimum most people expected, King included. Hovering above the relegation zone clearly isn’t good enough.

Ashdown

Robins has a four year contract to when I’m not quite sure. No one is going to want to pay that up in a hurry. The guy has done wonders with minimal resources for sure. He’s not infallible and does make mistakes though. I don’t like the way he dismisses the cup competitions and doesn’t want to change things up till 60/65 mins sometimes and I think he could have done a lot better with £10 million for those two strikers but generally and overall he’s still very much a keeper.

Matt smith

Ellis Simms has to be given a run of games now

to be fair to wright I thought he was ok yesterday but was completely isolated

he said yesterday stick your chests out we’re Coventry city, we should be going for Birmingham at home, play the new signings up top with COH in behind

although an underwhelming and in my opinion poor season so far, @NorthernWisdom mskes a good point about a long term player pool

although I didn’t expect it to be this frustrating thus far, we should be doing better with this squad of players, and I genuinely think another manager could be doing better at this current point, but by no means does it mean he shouldn’t get longer to shape the teams like he’s done really well up to now

Cally Fedora

OK, so if you ignore the utter shambles Robins had as a backdrop when taking us from L2 to the brink of the Premier League surely King is still happy. We’ve just sold £35m of talent which means after his outlay King has roughly £15m profit sat there in his bank account - earned by Robins. King seems a sensible type of character and let’s get real, it isn’t the fans , paying or not that matter, it’s King.

Matt smith

OK, so if you ignore the utter shambles Robins had as a backdrop when taking us from L2 to the brink of the Premier League surely King is still happy. We’ve just sold £35m of talent which means after his outlay King has roughly £15m profit sat there in his bank account - earned by Robins. King seems a sensible type of character and let’s get real, it isn’t the fans , paying or not that matter, it’s King.
Fair comments, but playing devils advocate I’m sure king isn’t too satisfied with the money he’s fronted on transfer dealings so far.

AFCCOVENTRY

He’s a business man so will be interesting to see how he takes next summer in terms of season ticket sales. This season was on the sails of our playoff run last year and all the big money signings this summers. That good feel factor has vanished. If we finish mid table with a meh season end, I think season ticket sales will slump.

Cally Fedora

Fair comments, but playing devils advocate I’m sure king isn’t too satisfied with the money he’s fronted on transfer dealings so far.
He hasn’t spent anything. He’s sat on £15m. That aside I’d say of the big cash outlays if you sold in Jan you’d be looking at a profit on Thomas, Kitching, Lats, Sakamoto and Collins. Accept the jury being out on Wright and Simms but from Kings point of view I’d say he’s in a good place.

Grendel

Don’t worry mate plenty on here don’t attend. @PVA wants a medal for going to Millwall. Yawn

It’s probably his first live game - I’m made up for him

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

For me, we could get relegated and I'd still want Robins the following season to get us promoted. So...
I wouldn't be averse to that,depending on the circumstances of the relegation, though hopefully we'll never find out.

Admittedly I do remember Strachan being given the same opportunity and we didn't do it.

Matt smith

He’s a business man so will be interesting to see how he takes next summer in terms of season ticket sales. This season was on the sails of our playoff run last year and all the big money signings this summers. That good feel factor has vanished. If we finish mid table with a meh season end, I think season ticket sales will slump.
To be fair if we finish mid table you’d be disappointed if fans didn’t renew

Greggs

To be fair if we finish mid table you’d be disappointed if fans didn’t renew
Instead of a Premier Season ticket like last year's scam, I wonder if he'll offer a League 1 package that sees you get your ticket for free if we go down. Quick shout out to all the dorks that purchased that Premier bullshit, absolutely mugs.

Greggs

Next year they’ll get £15 off if they spend £100 in club shop
Im Out GIF by BBC

CV22SBA

I just get fed up of coming on here after we win 2 then lose 1 it’s all robins out shite , you can see the backing he has from the 99 percent of the fans I think the other 1 percent just come on here to spout shit !
Is it just be or was yesterday not as bad as people are making out. We played a team that has only lost once at home in a long time and that was against a PL team last season. We had a goal dissolved for offside and we missed a pen. My criticism is at Eccles, Ayari & Allen not doing their job. When MR made the changes the replacements did what they are paid to do and we were by far the better team.

ProfessorbyGrace

Or he gets assassinated from a single sniper shot by a poster on here
Or gets two footed into oblivion by the two-footed advocate on here.

Anyhoo, I think many have taken the OP’s post out of context. Or just assumed he wants Robins out, even though he hasn’t said that.

Hopefully, we don’t get into a position where DK has to act decisively in order to prevent a relegation, or indeed, if results go badly and MR walks anyway. That question mark does linger: ‘how far is he prepared to go with CCFC’, or indeed, ‘how far CAN he take us’.

Let me reiterate, I do not want RoBbIngS oUt.

NorthernWisdom

Every fucking year.
Yes, although the harbinger of doom runes maybe have slightly more credence this year.

We have spent money. Whether less than we've brought in or not, that raises expectation.
Last season raised expectation.
We're not firefighting against the background of yet another ground move.
We've yet to find out f King is a reationary nutter or not. tbf to him, despite rumours a lot of the backroom admin team would be off, they don't seem to be, so that suggests he does actually give people a chance, but the people who brought Robins in aren't there anymore.

So, there are elements there this year at least. To be clear, it's crazy us as fans discussing it, but there are reasons why the new broom might sweep clear.

Now I shouldn't have to spell out the counter arguments, but among them we seem to often miss the training Robins' sides do seems to be to finish a season strongly. There's also a bunch of players who need to get used to what he expects training and fitness wise too, let alone tactics.

Last edited:

Hertsccfc

The money spent is a red herring. It's less than we received, and we had to build a squad as we didn't have the foundations.

Now we have those foundations, we have to see how we progress. We're in a stronger long term position now as we actually have a base of players.
Agree with first sentence. The point is we lost our two best players, who were much better than anyone else in the squad and some very useful loan players.

But do we really have the foundations now? Yes we have more players, but none of them are even close to Hamer or Gyokeres levels, and there is no guarantee that they will develop. Walker was a big signing for the time and we ended up getting nothing for him. Waghorn too in terms of salary according to reports. There has to be a risk that the same will happen with at least some of these new players.

So the team is much weaker than last year because of the loss of Hamer and Gyokeres and I am not sure that we are necessarily stronger long term. If we slide downwards by having a weaker team, attendances will go down and a cycle of decline sets in.

Yes look long term but not to the detriment of the quality of the first team in the short term which has to be maintained.

Users who are viewing this thread