Time to part ways… (2 Viewers)

BlueSkiesForever

I agree with the sentiment about how far can Robins take us, I was literally thinking something similar this morning tbh, the issue is who else would we get in that’s markedly better than Robins?

My main concern with Robins is that he appears quite stubborn with team selection and style of play, I think he’s definitely improved in recent games but it took way too long for him to realise that 5 at the back wasn’t working and the amount of pointless 80th minute subs we saw at the beginning of the season were ridiculous. I also believe (and it’s just a belief) that he’s a very defence-first manager and whilst I get that that’s a good basis for any team, our defence is made too much of and our attack seems sort of directionless, whether that’s purely players or management style I don’t know.

I don’t want Robins out because I genuinely fear that a replacement could be worse, however I just wish he seemed more open-minded and more attack heavy, we’ve got the players to do it but I still feel we’re not playing our absolute best squad every week or playing with a focused attacking play style every week. (Don’t have a go if you disagree though, it’s just my gut instinct rather anything statistical.)

shmmeee

People wanted Robins gone in L2, first season in L1, first season up, last season. Every fucking year. And every fucking year they look stupid. We just lost by a goal to a team second in the league who have only not beaten Leeds at home this season.

Why is today bed wetting day? What new information do you have?

Go and have a crywank, the lot of you.

Matt smith

I think a good move would be to add John Eustace to the backroom staff and get him ready for when MR decides enough is enough.
😂😂 he’s been a decent manager at this level he’s not gonna come and be a first team coach

Ashdown

I have a feeling that the season won’t unfold as we hoped, in fact it will all be a bit disappointing in the end…but we have enough decent players to still finish around
Mid table. I think ST numbers will fall next season for sure but most of that will be down to TV rights and game times and days messed about with more than the middling performance.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No, it isn't time to part ways. He still has more time and deserves that.

However, dismissing any concern as bedwetting is also a bit silly. His management has been very poor this season and some of the decisions baffling at times. More or less throwing the game yesterday being another example.

The blame towards the recruitment team is giving him some shade, but I actually think many of these players are a lot better than what we've seen. No taxis for a while yet but I think it's fair to say the management team need to sort their shit out.

Hertsccfc

There's never a guarantee, but if you don't have the base the superstructure will inevitably fall.
But without this 'base' we progressed season on season and nearly got to the Premier League. With the base we have gone backwards for the first time in five seasons.

Of the players we have signed who do you think will develop sufficiently to take us to the Premier or go for the amounts we got for Gyokeres and Hamer? Of course impossible to predict but I find it hard to see it at this stage. I am not convinced developing the base makes up for weakening the first 11.

NorthernWisdom

But without this 'base' we progressed season on season and nearly got to the Premier League. With the base we have gone backwards for the first time in five seasons.

Of the players we have signed who do you think will develop sufficiently to take us to the Premier or go for the amounts we got for Gyokeres and Hamer? Of course impossible to predict but I find it hard to see it at this stage. I am not convinced developing the base makes up for weakening the first 11.
Nah, we had a base of players for leagues one and two, what we did last season was overdepended on loans. I was also the contracted players that moved us forward, and the money received for them allowed for us to improve the squad overall (and yes I do think it will be shown to be improved, what we're still looking for is the stardust). Of the loans, the standout was Doyle and him going going left us a huge hole without the cash to replace... and let's not forget that Doyle was pretty ropey up until 2023. Panzo was no better than what we have now, nor Norton-Cuffy, Wilson=Esbrand, the Palace bloke we sent back ASAP. Doyle and McNally were the only successes really, and they've left a hole which the current defence have to learn to fill - we don't want to do that each season.

Mowbray's tenure shows what happens then with loans if you're not careful, you're constantly chasing your tail and hoping to strike lucky time and time again.

Better to get your base right and augment with top quality loans, rather than end up filling gaps with Ayaris and Wilson-Esbrands. It makes for a lot less scattergun approach.

Grendel

higgs

Hopefully stay up - that’s good enough is it?

agreed that most of the signings will improve
With how things stand at the moment I'd take staying up it's very disappointing after last seasons journey agreed but think this season is a write off

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Regarding recruitment when we say they are no gyok or hamer in terms of quality I'd say we gotta wait and see on a few perhaps?

Kithcing
Thomas
Simms
Wright
Mve

All will improve further yet I feel and perhaps one day we will be crying when they go?

Matt smith

With how things stand at the moment I'd take staying up it's very disappointing after last seasons journey agreed but think this season is a write off

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Yeah agreed Higgs

Want the start of next season already

Hincha

Crazy how the mood changes based on one result.

As Robins has alluded to - it takes time for players to adapt to tactics & coaching and we have signed half a new squad. Ipswich were incredibly cohesive yesterday and show what nearly 2 years of developing the same squad & tactics can produce.

We already look like we’re nearly a very good team - so with a couple of additions in Jan & more bedding in things will look good.

Will probably come to late for this season but this was always a transition season.

Robins only starts to come under pressure if next season we’re in the same position for me (or relegation looks a real threat)

Levship20

Crazy how the mood changes based on one result.

As Robins has alluded to - it takes time for players to adapt to tactics & coaching and we have signed half a new squad. Ipswich were incredibly cohesive yesterday and show what nearly 2 years of developing the same squad & tactics can produce.

We already look like we’re nearly a very good team - so with a couple of additions in Jan & more bedding in things will look good.

Will probably come to late for this season but this was always a transition season.

Robins only starts to come under pressure if next season we’re in the same position for me (or relegation looks a real threat)
Yesterday was just a very poor and strange squad selection.

covboy9

It was really bad yesterday just no belief in themselves and at times we didn’t know what we were doing I worry about team spirit, our squad is strong but first 11 doesn’t pick itself , Ipswich invited us back into game and we didn’t take it

fair play to robins he didn’t wanna change formation but he had too so fair play for that, squad is unbalanced and he has to carry the can for that if we come 12th-16th everybody will be gutted but atm he’s unsackable imo

rob9872

Tbf on Ayari (and I assumed Robins thought the same), I expected not much to start with but for him to be flying and Premiership ready by the end of it, after a year's maturity, experience and coaching by our staff. We've seen it many times with raw talent loaned to us.

He clearly was a bit further behind than we thought as I was expecting a lot more by now, bur we've seen glimpses and with Brighton's recruitment model to have paid £6m at such a young age I'm sure there's a player there, but we can't afford the lack of positional awareness he shows, as he learns on the job.

Mucca Mad Boys

How has a 2-1 loss away at 2nd in the league triggered this meltdown? Get a grip lads
Additional context: they scored a wonder goal and we missed a penalty.

Seriously, that goal from Burns will probably be the best goal we concede this year - the build up play and the finish…

rob9872

Regarding recruitment when we say they are no gyok or hamer in terms of quality I'd say we gotta wait and see on a few perhaps?

Kithcing
Thomas
Simms
Wright
Mve

All will improve further yet I feel and perhaps one day we will be crying when they go?
Of those I think MVE is the one who will go furthest and play a decent number of games at the highest level.

SkyblueTexan

Fair comments, but playing devils advocate I’m sure king isn’t too satisfied with the money he’s fronted on transfer dealings so far.
Exactly. I just feel we could have spent a whole lot less on new players and been in a much better position financially as well as in the standings.

rob9872

Exactly. I just feel we could have spent a whole lot less on new players and been in a much better position financially as well as in the standings.
I wouldn't be too surprised if a lot of the numbers quoted are final figures based on targets for individual and team achievements and aren't as much as reported.

SkyblueTexan

How has a 2-1 loss away at 2nd in the league triggered this meltdown? Get a grip lads
It was the manner of the loss in terms of team selection, how we set up tactically/formation-wise, timidness/naivete in our play and not the scoreline itself as many have stated.

Ccfcsj

Quick shout out to all the dorks that purchased that Premier bullshit, absolutely mugs.
I'm not a Mug or a Dork as you try to point out. I always get my season ticket in Block 20 so the Premier League option was only £20 more that the season ticket. With the price of inflation over the next few years there is a chance that I will be paying less than the standard price going forward - yes it might not work out that way but simple economics say it has a chance to. Also, who will be the mug if we do improve (and I think we will) and make it to the Premier League over the next few years.

Please keep your opinions to yourself and stop insulting people who obviously have more faith in the club than you appear to have

Greggs

I'm not a Mug or a Dork as you try to point out. I always get my season ticket in Block 20 so the Premier League option was only £20 more that the season ticket. With the price of inflation over the next few years there is a chance that I will be paying less than the standard price going forward - yes it might not work out that way but simple economics say it has a chance to. Also, who will be the mug if we do improve (and I think we will) and make it to the Premier League over the next few years.

Please keep your opinions to yourself and stop insulting people who obviously have more faith in the club than you appear to hahave.
Who the fuck is this dork?

Ccfcsj

Who the fuck is this dork?
Read your own comment - and I quote "Quick shout out to all the dorks that purchased that Premier bullshit, absolutely mugs"

If you asking who am I - well I'm a Sky Blues supported who's followed the team home and away since the early 1980's. Also a highly respected person at work in a well paid job. Hope that answers your question

Last edited:

shmmeee

Read your own comment - and I quote "Quick shout out to all the dorks that purchased that Premier bullshit, absolutely mugs"

If you asking who am I - well I'm a Sky Blues supported who's followed the team home and away since the early 1980's. Also a highly respected person at work in a well payed job. Hope that answers your question

Hate to do this, but *paid.

Users who are viewing this thread