Transfer targets (16 Viewers)

covcity4life

Judging from what MR has said he’s looking for, it won’t be an ‘out and out’ striker but someone who can play as an AM/wider so we have a viable option for the box formation.

Morgan Whittaker, annoyingly, would’ve been an ideal type of signing.
Yeah think he wants pace and or creativity for final striker slot.

fatso

And Simms? What happens to him?
That's up to him, but we need more from our strikers than Simms and Godden offered on Sunday.

I'm not writing him off, but he needs to massively improve. And another striker is likely to arrive before the window closes, (maybe a young Premier league striker on loan) and I think Wright will be the main man, which leaves Simms fighting for his place.

Deity

By Alan Nixon

Striker Matty Godden is committing to a new deal with Coventry despite their new arrivals a

Godden will sign a new two year deal with the Sky Blues and has an option year on top at the end of it.

The experienced forward was interesting Derby and Oxford but the chance to stay and play in the Championship was too attractive.

Mucca Mad Boys

By Alan Nixon

Striker Matty Godden is committing to a new deal with Coventry despite their new arrivals a

Godden will sign a new two year deal with the Sky Blues and has an option year on top at the end of it.

The experienced forward was interesting Derby and Oxford but the chance to stay and play in the Championship was too attractive.
A two year deal? Hmmmmm…

fatso

By Alan Nixon

It's Alan Nixon ffs. When will people learn?

Ccfcisparks

By Alan Nixon

Turning Around GIF by ION

covcity4life

That's up to him, but we need more from our strikers than Simms and Godden offered on Sunday.

I'm not writing him off, but he needs to massively improve. And another striker is likely to arrive before the window closes, (maybe a young Premier league striker on loan) and I think Wright will be the main man, which leaves Simms fighting for his place.
Crazy talk after just one game. Didn't spent up to 8m on Simms for him to be 3rd choice I doubt.

The loan will be the rotational piece alongside godden I imagine

SeaSeeEffCee

By Alan Nixon

Would be a bit of a bizarre move from us.

slowpoke

As third or fourth striker no problem for me, be okay off the bench and gives young Obikwu who looks a decent prospect a bit of time to come through and there’s Taveres too.

rexo87

I've never been his biggest fan but despite missing a few chances at the weekend he looked a bit sharper for me than towards the end of last season. As always with him it's about staying fit for long enough but I think he's fairly useful 3rd/4th choice striker to have for a couple more seasons

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Godden's all round game is better than it was when he joined the club. His movement is excellent. He just needs to be a little bit more composed and he'll score a decent number again.

He's a good player to keep at the club for the likes of Simms to learn from imo. He's also a good character with a good mentality.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Grendel

He will be about 85 if we have the extra year taken up

gspotgaz

Goddens a very good backup and I think simms will need periods out the team to build him up so he’ll get game time no doubt

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Godden's all round game is better than it was when he joined the club. His movement is excellent. He just needs to be a little bit more composed and he'll score a decent number again.

He's a good player to keep at the club for the likes of Simms to learn from imo. He's also a good character with a good mentality.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Binks said in his interview after his first training session was how good Godden's movement was.

Bugsy

imo, Simms needs one goal, then they will flood in ...PUSB

Hobo

In theory, Godden makes a good backup option.

In practice, he doesn’t really fit into our style of way. He doesn’t have the physical attributes to get impact the game and more worryingly, his confidence in front of goal seems to have taken a knock.

In the right team, Godden could do really well which is why I think if a team gave us a decent offer, I’d consider selling up.
If we had a decent offer for Godden and we had replacement lined up? Yes I could live with that.
But as things stand I can also live with him being here.

Hobo

He will be about 85 if we have the extra year taken up
Even though we have become a buying club again, I don't think the squad numbers will be going that high 😂

junglej13

I see a few people have mentioned Robins was at Pride Park for Derby Wigan on Saturday (not sure how true that is). Seen people mention Cashin from Derby but Charlie Hughes at centre back from Wigan looks a fantastic prospect. Possibly a right footer though.

Users who are viewing this thread