Match Thread vs Cardiff (A) 19/09/23 (2 Viewers)

Hertsccfc

You genuinely don't get why people think centre mid is a problem? I can't understand people that think this way at all.
I think people have unrealistic expectations because they expect Sheaf, Kelly and Eccles to be as good as Hamer. That's not going to happen but they are all playing well.

At Hull the players who didn't play well were Palmer when he came on and the strikers.

TomRad85

I think people have unrealistic expectations because they expect Sheaf, Kelly and Eccles to be as good as Hamer. That's not going to happen but they are all playing well.

At Hull the players who didn't play well were Palmer when he came on and the strikers.
No one expects any of them to be as good as Hamer, in fact, in fairness they are completely different types of players to Hamer, more similar to each other. There lies the problem.

Last edited:

Hertsccfc

No one expects any of them to be as good as Hamer, in fact, in fairness they are completely different types of players to Hamer, more similar to each other. There lies the the problem.
Well I don't agree. The problem so far has been further up the pitch.

Apart from Godden we have the sum total of one goal from our strikers and attacking midfield so far. It is time for these players to deliver. Sheaf, Eccles and Kelly have been winning the ball and have generally not wasted it either. None of them will ever match Hamer's ability and it was unrealistic to think that we could just buy a like for like replacement but they are playing fine.

Last edited:

TomRad85

Well I don't agree. The problem so far has been further up the pitch.
There can be more than one problem, at least i have hope our strikers could turn it around at some point, not sure who's going to start chipping in from CM however.

rexo87

I won't be able to find out as I have just discovered the QPR tickets in my envelope rather than the Cardiff one. Mrs BSB put the QPR ones on top of it yesterday evening and I just picked it up as I left!

Whoops
If you've got an email confirmation you'll be ok. I've forgot my tickets a few too many times that I should have and its always been fine

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Hertsccfc

There can be more than one problem, at least i have hope our strikers could turn it around at some point, not sure who's going to start chipping in from CM however.
I think our central midfield has been chipping in with consistent performances virtually every game. Not Hamer level true but perfectly fine. The forwards generally haven't. We have seen flashes from Wright, Ayari and Palmer, but not enough and nothing of note from Simms. Godden has scored some goals but was poor against Hull. Let's hope they deliver at last tonight.

SkyBlueSoul

Can see it being the same team as Friday, I think the extra day's rest might curtail any tinkering. Binks looks like he did alright so would be unfair to drop him and we know MR has history of letting players keep the shirt. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised to see him start Palmer with Ayari coming on after ~70.

Wilson
Lats Fad Binks
MvE Kelly Eccles Dasilva
Palmer
Godden Wright

It's on iFollow in the UK so should be a decent stream knocking around.

fernandopartridge

Can see it being the same team as Friday, I think the extra day's rest might curtail any tinkering. Binks looks like he did alright so would be unfair to drop him and we know MR has history of letting players keep the shirt. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised to see him start Palmer with Ayari coming on after ~70.

Wilson
Lats Fad Binks
MvE Kelly Eccles Dasilva
Palmer
Godden Wright

It's on iFollow in the UK so should be a decent stream knocking around.

Someone said it was on the Sky red button

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Yeah I know what you mean, that’s the one issue with him and our system, he seems like a wingback without the “back”, he doesn’t seem to have the strength to carry out the defensive part that well compared to Van Ewijk, so he’s basically a winger but we don’t play wingers so he’s sort of lost in our team at this point. He can’t play wingback as MVE is doing a great job at that and he maybe lacks the physicality to play CAM, so it’s a tricky one. Personally I’d give him another shot as CAM if we returned to the box formation, I think having someone along side to help him might see us get the best out of him.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Can someone please explain how I get the red button? I have just added Now Sports to my TV package.
About 5 minutes before it starts you go on to Sky Sports Football and then you’ll never guess what you have to do next…😉(press the red button)

Edit: Now sports? Do you mean Now TV? It only works on the Sky Sports Football channel as far as I know.

BlueSkiesForever

Moving Latibeaudiere wouldn't add anything much to the midfield that we don't already have and would detract from the defence. Clearly we want to lay the ball out from the back and that us where Latibeaudiere's strengths lie.
I know Robins has already ruled it out anyway so it’s all just hypothetical but do you not think that’s exactly what we need to be able to do better, play it out from the back? If Kitching fits in well then we definitely have the defensive numbers to move Lati into a more defensive midfield role and help with the defence-attack transition.

To me Lati seems like an ideal fit, he has strength, a bit of vision, can pick a pass alright and seems assured on the ball. He’s never going to be Hamer-esque but personally I think it’s better than playing Eccles and Kelly, they’re decent enough for 70 mins but I feel after that then anything can happen in our games atm.

Somerset Sky Blue

Have you actually got the Sky Sports Football channel or is it Now TV? Don’t think it works with Now TV (someone correct me if I’m wrong).
I think it does .... It is a bit of a faff.
If I remember rightly, on now TV, select sky sports, and then you should be able to choose options like live sports, football....
Scroll down and they usually have it as an option, though it only works with a few minutes to go.
This is with now TV (and sky sports) through an Xbox.
Alternatively, wire your laptop up to your TV (hdmi lead) and watch that way.
Not sure if that helps.....

Users who are viewing this thread