Wasps signs have actually gone!! (1 Viewer)

The Philosopher

I’d be surprised if they’re not playing there next season.
Will that mean local derbies v CRFC?

Might be 4000 at Butts and a few at CBS for that.

I’m not a fan of Rugby but they might be games worth a watch. Beer in seat? Bit of rugger bugger animosity? Might be a laugh.

TomRad85

I’d be surprised if they’re not playing there next season.
The beaten down Cov fan in me has the same nagging suspicion but in reality it can never work can it? The crowds were pathetic before, what the fuck are they going to be like in the Championship?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Covkid1968#

Anyone confirm this? Just drove past the Ricoh and it looked like the big Wasps signs had gone. Anyone else seen this?
Have we had an acceptable explanation yet Shmmeee…. Seems to me it falls into one of the following. Im going for number 10 based on you seem a decent bloke (or woman)

1. Poor visibility due to visual impairment disability
2. Poor visibility due to weather
3. Wishful thinking
4. Wrong stadium
4. Looking at the wrong part of stadium
5. Attempt to whip up excitement
6. Attempt to deflect from recent CCC attention
7. Wanting to be liked (could be linked to 6)
8. Took a picture of the car in front instead of stadium and made an assumption
9. WUM attempt
10. Genuine mistake and requires forgiveness

NorthernWisdom

Have we had an acceptable explanation yet Shmmeee…. Seems to me it falls into one of the following. Im going for number 10 based on you seem a decent bloke (or woman)

3. Wishful thinking
4. Wrong stadium
9. WUM attempt
11. Insanity

shmmeee

Will that mean local derbies v CRFC?

Might be 4000 at Butts and a few at CBS for that.

I’m not a fan of Rugby but they might be games worth a watch. Beer in seat? Bit of rugger bugger animosity? Might be a laugh.

3. Wishful thinking
4. Wrong stadium
9. WUM attempt

ProfessorbyGrace

…12. Temporal time vortex.
Could have been transported a year into the future, where the Wasps signs would definitely have been taken down/ripped down and stamped upon lengthily.

Next time you pass the stadium, set the Flux Capacitor to 2030, and send pictures back!

CJ_covblaze

Should be the top prize on the half-time Kick It For A Ticket, might see some better efforts then.
Good idea. Score from the spot you get to remove one screw. Success from the centre spot means you can get the petrol out.

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Didn't you clap loud enough or did he want a whoop whoop? ;)
He didn’t know I was going. He wasn’t pleased when he saw me there and was even less pleased when it finished.

duffer

Maybe one of his rotor blades is a bit loose.

I suspect that he's that tight I could see him doing it! That said, there are some things that you probably don't want to save money on.

As a slight aside, whenever I go on one of those fairground rides that involves high velocities and/or great heights, I find myself looking intently at the bolts that attach the bit that I'm sat in to the rest of the apparatus, and wondering whether the bloke who screwed it together has even heard of a torque wrench... :)

hill83

Lovely soft hands.

Tell Dan Levy GIF by CBC

Irish Sky Blue

My son sent me this today, I think it is from one of the Wasps forums. Apologies if it appears elsewhere on here.
Maybe we haven’t seen the last of them?

1669334334494.png

Attachments

• 1669334275725.png
    1669334275725.png
    638 KB · Views: 64
  • 1669334289836.png
    1669334289836.png
    638 KB · Views: 64

jordan210

Massie-Taylor insisted letting Worcester and Wasps hold onto their P shares would send out a bad example to its current teams.

Massie-Taylor said: "P shares are not a perpetual right.

"When you get relegated and fail to come up after a second year, those P shares can be acquired off you, so all clubs as part of their shareholder agreement sign up to pre-emption rights where if a club goes into administration, the P shares can be acquired off them by the other clubs.

"Wasps and Worcester have knowingly signed up to this. While I completely understand the emphasis that some potential bidders wanted to retain that asset within the administration process while getting rid of as many liabilities as possible in terms of debt, I don't think that is a particularly strong message to send to the rest of our clubs that essentially you can go into administration and retain assets while getting rid of liabilities."

chiefdave

I can't see how forcing them to play in Cov will help the situation. They'll just collapse again. CRFC won't want them there, even if they agree a deal at the CBS it is far too big for them and they'll be losing money every time they play.

If you look on their forums very few of the supporters want them back in Cov, it will be like one of those EFL rules that seems to have a lot of flexibility when tested.

CCFC54321

My son sent me this today, I think it is from one of the Wasps forums. Apologies if it appears elsewhere on here.
Maybe we haven’t seen the last of them?

View attachment 27458
That Garys message talks some utter shite. If these wasps legends own the badge and name etc then that’s all they own. They don’t get conditions on where they can play?! From whom? The RFU? The RFU haven’t even rubber stamped there takeover and may never will!

Why would a buying party be so bloody stupid to want to move to the same city that finished them as a rugby club that utterly loathes them and go again and make it work in front of 2,000 fools? It’s simply not cost effective and I’m pretty sure any groups takeover by ‘legends’ lol will mean a move to the London area.

Irish Sky Blue

That Garys message talks some utter shite. If these wasps legends own the badge and name etc then that’s all they own. They don’t get conditions on where they can play?! From whom? The RFU? The RFU haven’t even rubber stamped there takeover and may never will!

Why would a buying party be so bloody stupid to want to move to the same city that finished them as a rugby club that utterly loathes them and go again and make it work in front of 2,000 fools? It’s simply not cost effective and I’m pretty sure any groups takeover by ‘legends’ lol will mean a move to the London area.

You would hope so.
The only thing tying them to the area seems to be the training ground.

Users who are viewing this thread