Wasps signs have actually gone!! (2 Viewers)

slowpoke

Was listening to the general Rugby Union situation yesterday and it really is in shit street Wasps & Worcester both gone we’re the tip of the ice-berg can’t see a re-emerged Wasps which will happen next year playing anywhere other than a shared small ground, CBS would be a joke.

JAM See

That Garys message talks some utter shite. If these wasps legends own the badge and name etc then that’s all they own. They don’t get conditions on where they can play?! From whom? The RFU? The RFU haven’t even rubber stamped there takeover and may never will!

Why would a buying party be so bloody stupid to want to move to the same city that finished them as a rugby club that utterly loathes them and go again and make it work in front of 2,000 fools? It’s simply not cost effective and I’m pretty sure any groups takeover by ‘legends’ lol will mean a move to the London area.
Is this one of the legends?

Irish Sky Blue

Which is owned by somebody else so they would need a new lease / rental agreement.

I can't see that being cheap compared to something like Broad Street when they were using that.
Aren’t the people who own the training ground former Wasps directors?

Philosorapter

Hopefully, the new stadium operators are charging a fee for all the sign removals.

Philosorapter

Personally, I can't see them reforming for a good couple of years, and a good few leagues lower than where they were.

If I was a BH, I would try to stop any attempt of the club reforming until I got repaid in full.

The Philosopher

Unpopular opinion:

Scenario:

Frasers own ACL but don’t buy CCFC. ACL is run as a stand alone business entity. Naturally, the higher the revenue the better.

Scenario:

Cov paying (£600k?) per year to ACL is deemed to be not enough and pressure is out upon CCFC for more rent. ACL goes crying to council / doesn’t upkeep stadium / pitch / turn on under soil heating etc. Also, costs of F&B overheads and Hospitality for 24-30 rather than 50 days per year has impact on synergy costs etc.

Or:

Wasps given rent arrangements of £200k per year in Champ and £600k in Premiership and ACL overheads are split. Obviously, ACL to guarantee pristine pitch and upkeep.

Of course we all want the CBS to ourselves and the pitch in A1 condition. However, ACL will want to maximise return and I think we have to prepare for what seems inevitable:

Wasps are still a big brand and with the training ground nearby I can see ACL having them back. They will generate more revenue than anyone else in their Championship, have better players and more appeal to recruit players and probably walk their division. Prem Rugby and a bit of revenue again in 2 years without all their debt and (possibly?) the hassle of running the CBS.

As I said, I think we need to brace ourselves for the inevitable.

Last edited:

The Philosopher

Personally, I can't see them reforming for a good couple of years, and a good few leagues lower than where they were.

If I was a BH, I would try to stop any attempt of the club reforming until I got repaid in full.
Haven’t they just been relegated, not expelled from their pyramid?

Flying Fokker

Unpopular opinion:

Scenario:

Frasers own ACL but don’t buy CCFC. ACL is run as a stand alone business entity. Naturally, the higher the revenue the better.

Scenario:

Cov paying (£600k?) per year to ACL is deemed to be not enough and pressure is out upon CCFC for more rent. ACL goes crying to council / doesn’t upkeep stadium / pitch / turn on under soil heating etc. Also, costs of F&B overheads and Hospitality for 24-30 rather than 50 days per year has impact on synergy costs etc.

Or:

Wasps given rent arrangements of £200k per year in Champ and £600k in Premiership and ACL overheads are split. Obviously, ACL to guarantee pristine pitch and upkeep.

Of course we all want the CBS to ourselves and the pitch in A1 condition. However, ACL will want to maximise return and I think we have to prepare for what seems inevitable:

Wasps are still a big brand and with the training ground nearby I can see ACL having them back. They will generate more revenue than anyone else in their Championship, have better players and more appeal to recruit players and probably walk their division. Prem Rugby and a bit of revenue again in 2 years without all their debt and (possibly?) the hassle of running the CBS.

No. To both. They have a male voice choir as a squad. They are less marketable than Cov in Cov.

NorthernWisdom

Wasps are still a big brand
Are they? Have they ever been?

In English Rugby you'd have Leicester, Northampton Saints, Bath, and even Gloucester ahead of them. You might have a case for London clubs them having a decent position for profile and representation, but they gave that up and Harlequins would arguably have been the bigger brand, and Saracens' success would mask over any claim they made. Historially Cov, Moseley, even Rosslyn Park would be bigger.

SoI'm not convinced they're that huge brand wise, and their move to Coventry has probably damaged *that* somewhat too.

The Philosopher

Are they? Have they ever been?

In English Rugby you'd have Leicester, Northampton Saints, Bath, and even Gloucester ahead of them. You might have a case for London clubs them having a decent position for profile and representation, but they gave that up and Harlequins would arguably have been the bigger brand, and Saracens' success would mask over any claim they made. Historially Cov, Moseley, even Rosslyn Park would be bigger.

SoI'm not convinced they're that huge brand wise, and their move to Coventry has probably damaged *that* somewhat too.
Alright. Rosslyn Park have a bigger brand value in Rugby circles than Wasps.

There there never mind 🙄

Let’s see.

MalcSB

Unpopular opinion:

Scenario:

Scenario:

Or:

I think I have said this before, but what would the additional costs of maintaining a football quality pitch which has rugby played on it compared to if there was only rugby? The additional match days would/ could also interfere with conferencing, exhibition and hotel operations/income. The £200k you hypothesise would be far too low.

At the moment they have a badge and a heavily tarnished brand. Their supporters seem to be deluded enough to think “their” players will return next year - if there is a next year for Wasps. I don’t believe all this “Once a Wasp, always a Wasp” nonsense, it’s like the “Diamonds are forever” slogan initiated by South African diamond corporations, but in the case of Wasps to hide that a more accurate description would be No Fixed Abode. We have all doubted Wasps attendances (unless ours are grossly overstated), freebies will be of little help to them and the arena will be pretty awful with a few thousand rattling around in it. Their hand may be forced by the RFU but they would be better wandering off elsewhere.

Last edited:

The Philosopher

I think I have said this before, but what would the additional costs of maintaining a football quality pitch which has rugby played on it compared to if there was only rugby. The additional match days would/ could also interfere with conferencing, exhibition and hotel operations/income. The £200k you hypothesise would be far too low.
Alright £200k too low but the point was one season. Don’t get hung up on the one figure, with respect, it’s sad, - it’s the overall point that I’m driving at. All through recent history, Ranson, Fisher et al talked about “sweating maximum value out of the arena”. If Wasps brings more net revenue from rent, advertising, footfall etc then conferences would then they’ll take that.

Unless you tell me I’m wrong 🙄

Very few CCFC fans want Wasps back, including me. However, with King not buying ACL and MA being MA I can see whoever is charged with running ACL thinking more about ACL bottom line than if we have a bobbly pitch.

Again, I suggest we prepare for the worst.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

You are going on mute with your sidekick Grendel. Boring. Bye.
Arguing that we should sign Kyle Hudlin because he’s really really tall

Arguing that Dominic Hyam was posting on here for 2 years and made up a fake age to throw people off the scent

Arguing that the CCFC wage bill is £3-4 million

Arguing that CCFC really owe £60 million to SISU and that this is the asking price

Arguing that Wasps, a bankrupt rugby club who struggled to get anyone to pay to watch them play, is still a big brand

All that alone is the mark of a moron. But what really clinched it for me was arguing that NW is the sidekick of Grendel. Your hit rate is worse than the BFG you wanted us to sign

David O'Day

Alright £200k too low but the point was one season. Don’t get hung up on the one figure, with respect, it’s sad, - it’s the overall point that I’m driving at. All through recent history, Ranson, Fisher et al talked about “sweating maximum value out of the arena”. If Wasps brings more net revenue from rent, advertising, footfall etc then conferences would then they’ll take that.

Unless you tell me I’m wrong 🙄

Very few CCFC fans want Wasps back, including me. However, with King not buying ACL and MA being MA I can see whoever is charged with running ACL thinking more about ACL bottom line than if we have a bobbly pitch.

Again, I suggest we prepare for the worst.
This is the maddest thing you've posted since you wanted us to sign that giant carthorse from Solihull after watching him play once on sky

Philosorapter

Haven’t they just been relegated, not expelled from their pyramid?

Oranges and apples. Can't see the administration ending any time soon. Think it has a few good years to drag on yet, making Wasps a dead fish in the water.

The Philosopher

Arguing that we should sign Kyle Hudlin because he’s really really tall

Arguing that Dominic Hyam was posting on here for 2 years and made up a fake age to throw people off the scent

Arguing that the CCFC wage bill is £3-4 million

Arguing that CCFC really owe £60 million to SISU and that this is the asking price

Arguing that Wasps, a bankrupt rugby club who struggled to get anyone to pay to watch them play, is still a big brand

All that alone is the mark of a moron. But what really clinched it for me was arguing that NW is the sidekick of Grendel. Your hit rate is worse than the BFG you wanted us to sign
😂yes - another one for the weirdo bin.

The other year suggested we look at 21 y.o. local lad, on a free, for our u23’s. It was a gamble like McCallum. Apparently Man City and Celtic were tracking him. In the end he signed for a higher placed (at the time) Champ club. Being clever with hindsight - well done you. Have a smartie.

Dom Hyam has a particular quirk of writing. So did SkyBlueBeliever, who posted about injury news and team news and stopped posting when Hyam left. Must be Overson. Have another smartie.

Didn’t argue with anyone that the wage bill was £3-4m. I quoted that “a quick Google suggested that that what it was but other sources suggested 17m but that it doesn’t matter - point is…” but you can give yourself another smartie.

As for suggesting that SISU couldn’t crystallise their losses at less than £60m - and that it’ll be a debt-swap, I’ll stand by it.

Bet you won’t dare put a figure on it will you?

Coward.

Go on?

Wasps is still a bigger brand than whatever club Northern Weirdo quoted as historically bigger (irrelevant). They still technically hold the P share and in Rugby circles are a big brand. I stand by it. My concern is they’ll be back at the Arena

Now:

Quote your estimate at SISU sale “value” and show you are not just a gobshite…..

Last edited:

The Philosopher

Oranges and apples. Can't see the administration ending any time soon. Think it has a few good years to drag on yet, making Wasps a dead fish in the water.
Genuinely hope you are right.

Got a nagging feeling that the way the RFU or whatever it is is set up that they will be dragged back up.

Leeds sold their P Share for £5m a bit back but because of the revenue the share “guarantees” it might be that the new consortium “buy it back from the administrator” for a lot less. The bond fiasco suggests anything is possible. Also, is Richardson completely broke? What’s his plan? Drop all debt and phoenix?

For that reason I can see them in the Champ next season with a decent budget. I stated my point about their training ground HQ and I wouldn’t put it past CCC sticking their beak in - maybe ego maybe some lease clause but they did offer £30m allegedly (I know different circumstances., but we are talking CCC).

I’ll stand by it - don’t care if I’m wrong - but I think they’ll be back next season at CBS.

The Philosopher

This is the maddest thing you've posted since you wanted us to sign that giant carthorse from Solihull after watching him play once on sky
No,

I suggested we look at him for our u21/23 because we had no strikers in that age bracket over 5ft5. I’d heard of him and some of my workers here in Sheffield were also taking about him. SWFC were interested at the time according to local papers. I thought him worth a look. Low risk low cost chaos factor for our u21s. I’ll stand by it.

Instead we signed the prolific 13/k week Waghorn who MR was trying to offload a few months after.

MR wishes he had the benefit of hindsight.

We can’t all be clever bunnies like you.

Here. Have a news article from this week.

tomreagan84

Thank fuck for that. You're such a ridiculous caricature then life will be a lot easier without your total inability to understand the simplest thing.

It'll also save me in breaking the sage advice to never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man!
You fought him anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread