Wasps signs have actually gone!! (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Come one Brighton Sky Blue:

Where’s your value?

Post a laughing emoji if you like or are you going in the gobshite bin?
I’m sorry I went to sleep. Taking this year’s £4.5 million injection at face value the real amount put in will be nearer £25 million.

No hindsight, I and others said at the time that ‘he’s really tall’ isn’t a good enough reason to hand someone from non league a contract.

Hyam posting inside information about SISU with a fake age? If you want to die on this hill, OK. He was also posting for a good week after he was sold, according to you. A last hurrah?

You googled what the CCFC wage bill was and accepted the value at the top of the results despite it being clear nonsense.

Wasps are bust. That doesn’t make them a big brand, it makes them not a brand. Mike Ashley may as well offer Cov Rugby the chance to play here with a few quid injected instead of give Wasps another turn.

shmmeee

Not to go off topic (whatever that is) but how easy is it to get a rugby team promoted?

Cos surely the best option for any rugby team is the Butts with the option of the CBS for big games. Which Cov could do much easier than Wasps.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not to go off topic (whatever that is) but how easy is it to get a rugby team promoted?

Cos surely the best option for any rugby team is the Butts with the option of the CBS for big games. Which Cov could do much easier than Wasps.
Much easier and cheaper than getting a football club into the top flight I’d think. The promotion ‘ban’ ends in 2024 I thought.

shmmeee

Much easier and cheaper than getting a football club into the top flight I’d think. The promotion ‘ban’ ends in 2024 I thought.

I wonder if having agreed use of the CBS would allow them to get around the 10k capacity requirement as well or if they’ve still have to bring Butts Park up to scratch.

If you did have a good 10k stadium could we play early rounds of the cup there or is the pitch proper fucked?

wingy

I wonder if having agreed use of the CBS would allow them to get around the 10k capacity requirement as well or if they’ve still have to bring Butts Park up to scratch.

If you did have a good 10k stadium could we play early rounds of the cup there or is the pitch proper fucked?
It's 4G

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m not sure how feasible it is for them to get that site up to 10k to be honest. Not got much space to work with.

The Philosopher

I’m sorry I went to sleep. Taking this year’s £4.5 million injection at face value the real amount put in will be nearer £25 million.

No hindsight, I and others said at the time that ‘he’s really tall’ isn’t a good enough reason to hand someone from non league a contract.

Hyam posting inside information about SISU with a fake age? If you want to die on this hill, OK. He was also posting for a good week after he was sold, according to you. A last hurrah?

You googled what the CCFC wage bill was and accepted the value at the top of the results despite it being clear nonsense.

Wasps are bust. That doesn’t make them a big brand, it makes them not a brand. Mike Ashley may as well offer Cov Rugby the chance to play here with a few quid injected instead of give Wasps another turn.
Actually, fair play for replying.

You say the real amount put in is £25m. I believe it’s a bit more and wrapped up to their “debt” will be huge legal fees and court costs, added on to paper “investor returns” (interest and management charges). My point was in order to balance their books they’ll need £60m. Ie, they’ll need to get the £60m debt off their books. I believe they’ve done this by transferring / moving either £50m or £60m of their book liability to Doug King’s hedge fund (maybe the 15% is the £10m diff?). Ie that hedge fund now has the liability and DK has 85% of the club (pending). I’ll stick to my guns on that. You can laugh - I don’t care.

WRT Hudlin, I’ll stick by it. He was worth a look based on location, cost and potential. We signed Sam Mc from non-league, we also signed Dexter Walters. Some you win. I do like the idea of an Akinfenwa / Onandi Lowe / Hudlin type curveball on the bench; gives the opposition something to ponder.

I may or may not be wrong about Hyam. The comma / space thing was odd and the insight to the dressing room seemed to make sense. Yes he posted a week after - he’ll have still had some insight from his mates. Someone then pointed out Overson did the same. It was a fair point-out. Maybe he had insight to the dressing room - we may never know. I’ll concede I might be wrong. Unsure with hindsight.

Yes, I googled the wage bill to try to work out how much HMRC might be owed to lift the embargo. I hadn’t given it much thought. It does seem to have gone from 4m to 17m rather quickly. So what’s that? £2m non-player and £15m player salaries?
20 players on an average £15k week? Seems high - thought it was £15k top players maximum. In anycase - it was out of date info from Google. My bad.

Having gone to rugby playing school next to the Coundon Road stadium I have a soft spot for CRFC. CRFC had links to my school. Unfortunately Wasps are a bigger brand in recent history and much as I’d like you to be right, I don’t think you are. I’m worried that Wasps will be back at CBS.

There seems to be a weirdness on this forum of people trying to ridicule the opinion of others. It’s a football forum. The weirdos make me laugh. It’s fun.

The Philosopher

I like the idea of playing early round cup games away from the CBS. Opening rounds of LC games at Nuneaton, Rugby or Leamington would be far more fun than having an empty CBS. It would be a nice change for the CCFC fans from those towns to go to a local game too.

Might make financial sense too.

Would be good to see our lease terms. Is it £25000 per match played or set annual £600000?

If Wasps do come back then saving the pitch and saving £whatever by moving the games might be a good idea.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Actually, fair play for replying.

You say the real amount put in is £25m. I believe it’s a bit more and wrapped up to their “debt” will be huge legal fees and court costs, added on to paper “investor returns” (interest and management charges). My point was in order to balance their books they’ll need £60m. Ie, they’ll need to get the £60m debt off their books. I believe they’ve done this by transferring / moving either £50m or £60m of their book liability to Doug King’s hedge fund (maybe the 15% is the £10m diff?). Ie that hedge fund now has the liability and DK has 85% of the club (pending). I’ll stick to my guns on that. You can laugh - I don’t care.
The point repeatedly made is a lot of that 'debt' is within the company group and does not represent more injection of capital from outside. Assuming what I was told was reliable, another £4.5 million came in early this summer and the club were plainly told that no more would be forthcoming. It would have been the first provision from the owner in quite some time.

The other point is we don't know what King is buying 85% of. Is it the whole group, Otium, an Otium holding company or something else? There isn't enough information to tell.

The Philosopher

The point repeatedly made is a lot of that 'debt' is within the company group and does not represent more injection of capital from outside. Assuming what I was told was reliable, another £4.5 million came in early this summer and the club were plainly told that no more would be forthcoming. It would have been the first provision from the owner in quite some time.

The other point is we don't know what King is buying 85% of. Is it the whole group, Otium, an Otium holding company or something else? There isn't enough information to tell.
I’m agreeing with you. Never said anything different. They’ve not spent £60m but in order to balance their books and maintain investor confidence they’ve had to show paper increases to the value attributed to the club. If they were to walk away and liquidate the (roughly) £60m for loads less then they’d have had a huge problem.

Again and again I’ve stated this. I stated it was almost a type of Ponzi. It is also the reason they wanted the CBS on the cheap. To buy & revalue on their books.

Not once have I said they’ve given the club £60m over the years to spend. Just they needed £60m to walk away or we’d be stuck with them.

Anyway, it’s Japan v Costa Rica. Much better than France v Denmark - I like the different styles of football coming together. Proper WC footie.

And much better than debating you lot of half baked scoundrels.

Last edited:

shmmeee

So are the signs gone yet? Or do I need to fish out the insecticide

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Irish Sky Blue

As well as the signs, that ‘We are Wasps’ billboard poster by the A444 island needs to go too. It would be good if CCFC could afford to put something advertising our presence over the top of that.

Greggs

Newcastle were in the shit about 10 years ago, got relegated then promoted the season after.

shmmeee

Newcastle were in the shit about 10 years ago, got relegated then promoted the season after.

It was more what would it take to get CRFC up. Seems step one would be planning permission for 10k+ at the Butts.

JAM See

It was more what would it take to get CRFC up. Seems step one would be planning permission for 10k+ at the Butts.
CRFC would rarely get 10K at the Butts.

Was down there the other week for the game against London Scottish.

Great atmosphere and a cracking day out, sans football. Still only two thirds full.

Expanding would cost a fortune and not bring any more fans in.

John Sharpe has got a great thing going there. No need to chase a holy grail (which doesn't actually exist in my opinion).

shmmeee

Great atmosphere and a cracking day out, sans football. Still only two thirds full.

John Sharpe has got a great thing going there. No need to chase a holy grail (which doesn't actually exist in my opinion).

Yeah but it’s a requirement of Premiership rugby. Some other club got refused promotion and they changed the rules to 5k and planning permission for 10k with a time limit to bring the capacity up.

Flying Fokker

Yeah but it’s a requirement of Premiership rugby. Some other club got refused promotion and they changed the rules to 5k and planning permission for 10k with a time limit to bring the capacity up.
Ealing Trailfinders.

Kneeza

I’m not sure how feasible it is for them to get that site up to 10k to be honest. Not got much space to work with.
It's very, very doable, and is actually a lower figure than that already planned for (just that covid got in the way and plans were postponed for the foreseeable).
There is, however, an office in the ground which is currently occupied by personnel who are working on the ground expansion.
The only change so far from the original plans is the deletion of the Costa Coffee which was to be built at the Broomfield corner.
The rest of it (staged and built as and if required - hotel, apartments, terrace on west side, extension to East stand to incorporate extra hospitality suites over the access road) is still extant.
Obviously all depends heavily on funding including that from the building development company, the city council, who are very much onside, and the blinkered wankers at the RFU and PRL.

David O'Day

No,

I suggested we look at him for our u21/23 because we had no strikers in that age bracket over 5ft5. I’d heard of him and some of my workers here in Sheffield were also taking about him. SWFC were interested at the time according to local papers. I thought him worth a look. Low risk low cost chaos factor for our u21s. I’ll stand by it.

Instead we signed the prolific 13/k week Waghorn who MR was trying to offload a few months after.

MR wishes he had the benefit of hindsight.

We can’t all be clever bunnies like you.

Here. Have a news article from this week.

haha

you watched him on sky i've seen him play for moors multiple times

why mention waghorn? he'd been here a year already lad. your made up timeline is out by a year

an article that basically says he scored a goal in what was the jpt?

wow, he's done fuck all in the league which is 1 league above the non league division he wasn't very good in

clown

The Philosopher

haha

you watched him on sky i've seen him play for moors multiple times

why mention waghorn? he'd been here a year already lad. your made up timeline is out by a year

an article that basically says he scored a goal in what was the jpt?

wow, he's done fuck all in the league which is 1 league above the non league division he wasn't very good in

clown
I’ve no idea who you are - don’t recognise your name. Clearly not posted much of interest. That’s ok.

I posted originally about Hudlin in Summer 21, around the time we signed Waghorn. You can check back.

If you are going to call people names to try to look clever, do try to get your facts right.

You sir, are a first rate fool trying to look good and it has backfired.

Now post your parting insult and emoji (idiots always like the last word) but you will be grunting into the wilderness - you are on mute.

Bye !

Brighton Sky Blue

I’ve no idea who you are - don’t recognise your name. Clearly not posted much of interest. That’s ok.

I posted originally about Hudlin in Summer 21, around the time we signed Waghorn. You can check back.

If you are going to call people names to try to look clever, do try to get your facts right.

You sir, are a first rate fool trying to look good and it has backfired.

Now post your parting insult and emoji (idiots always like the last word) but you will be grunting into the wilderness - you are on mute.

Bye !
Your main argument was he was really really tall. Others did say at the time that this wasn’t really a reason enough to give him a contract. He isn’t even first choice at Wimbledon either.

The Philosopher

Your main argument was he was really really tall. Others did say at the time that this wasn’t really a reason enough to give him a contract. He isn’t even first choice at Wimbledon either.
Look,

Your infatuation with trying to embarrass me is getting boring.

Last post, I asked you what value you thought SISU needed to be able to sell and you waffled irrelevant shite about being reliably informed that they’d put X in. Totally missing the point. I let it lie. Not your fault you don’t know what you are on about.

I suggested 18 months ago, AFTER ccfcisparks, slowerthanplatt and several others had mentioned him (look back) that he might be worth a look at. Just turned 21, local, low risk, Celtic, Man City and others apparently keeping tabs. Yes he is tall. Well done.

Your constant going on about that as though it somehow proves that you are superior footballing intellect is frankly a bit sad.

Now stop stalking me. Examine your real feelings.

NorthernWisdom

Now stop stalking me

Come one Brighton Sky Blue:

Where’s your value?

There seems to be a weirdness on this forum of people trying to ridicule the opinion of others.

😂yes - another one for the weirdo bin.

There there never mind 🙄

The Philosopher said:
Don’t get hung up on the one figure, with respect, it’s sad

Best you can do?

You’ve spent a lot of time snivelling and snarking like a 12 year old on here, but you do make me laugh.

Clueless.

Sbarcher

Just noticed Wasps Ladies played and lost yesterday. Obviously not affected by Administration and they already play in London.

The Philosopher

Purely hypothetically, does anyone know if it is permitted in the Rugby world for CRFC to absorb / merge with Wasps? Would they get the P Share / any legacy right to play at CBS?

Just a question relating to this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread