Welcome Jonson Clarke-Harris (1 Viewer)

steve82

If we’re in L2 next season, Jones is easily worth £1.5-2m to us. As you say, we hold all the cards so we really shouldn’t sell him.

Considering no one wanted to pay 500k for him when his contract was up this summer, and now we’ve extended his contract and he’s established himself as our best CB... the chances of him leaving are pretty close to nil I think, barring a silly money offer.

This is exactly why I fear loosing no one in the squad who are contracted this summer. We hold the bulk of the squad to contracts with over 12 months to run or more.

If anyone leaves it’s gonna be for good money, for the first time in a while the clubs in a good position this summer to strengthen or recycle the squad.

Tom Baylis is the only player who can solely dictate his future

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

This is exactly why I fear loosing no one in the squad who are contracted this summer. We hold the bulk of the squad to contracts with over 12 months to run or more.

If anyone leaves it’s gonna be for good money, for the first time in a while the clubs in a good position this summer to strengthen or recycle the squad.

Tom Baylis is the only player who can solely dictate his future

Precisely. Our main problem in L1 was our player turnover, every season was a rebuild job. There are numerous factors at play, budget cuts under Pressley, but I also think Mowbray relied too much on loanees in his tenure. Which isn’t a good blueprint for long term success. In L2, even if we fail to get promoted this season, we’re in good stead. Our core players are under contract, we’ve signed up all but one academy product to long term contracts. Also, because our finances are somewhat ‘under control’, there’s less pressure to sell assets as there had been in the past.

Credit to Mark Robins for building a very strong squad. Even after all our bad luck with injuries, we’re still in automatic promotion contention! I fear Bayliss will be poached and I think our best chance of keeping is securing promotion so we can offer further career development to him (even then, we’re probably up against it). That said, if you add Jones and Andreu to our midfield for next season? It certainly dampen the loss.

wingy

Andreu is "the grass is always greener" see Ponticelli, Baker passim. In the few games he played, the ratings were not that high iirc. Somebody might like to check
There wasn't really time to gain the evidence.

Users who are viewing this thread