Welcome Jonson Clarke-Harris (3 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Have we got any money ?

steve82

I was disappointed we didn't get the signature of Marc Richards who's scoring for fun at Swindon but what a signing JCH has been.

Shipley played him the sort of ball he thrives on and scored a goal that should be credited to him. JCH really could be unplayable in this league and as he got fitter and sharper will be better as the season draws to a close as the pitches return to a football playing state.

He always looks a threat running at goal and has a sweet left foot on him.

Hopefully we can secure his permanent services this summer.

Terry_dactyl

I was disappointed we didn't get the signature of Marc Richards who's scoring for fun at Swindon but what a signing JCH has been.

Shipley played him the sort of ball he thrives on and scored a goal that should be credited to him. JCH really could be unplayable in this league and as he got fitter and sharper will be better as the season draws to a close as the pitches return to a football playing state.

He always looks a threat running at goal and has a sweet left foot on him.

Hopefully we can secure his permanent services this summer.

I really hope this happens. Does a loan “with a view to a permanent signing” mean that it’s essentially up to us (and JCH) whether we sign him or not?

steve82

I really hope this happens. Does a loan “with a view to a permanent signing” mean that it’s essentially up to us (and JCH) whether we sign him or not?

Hopefully it’s our call, and no terms like promotion to L1 are needed to conclude the deal just in case....

There was talk of a good size fee was paid to secure the loan as Rotherham wanted to sell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Shame we didn’t get him in the summer we would be up now as we wasted more than half a season with that dud up front

kapowaz

I’m curious why Rotherham didn’t want him any more. He didn’t have a great game against Accrington (only match I’ve seen him in) but his physicality was impressive and he had a sense of strength combined with speed that has a lot of potential.

Question is, if he has so much potential, why have so many clubs passed up on him? Rotherham paid a record fee to sign him, but he then got injured and subsequently dropped. Why don’t they want him?

Terry_dactyl

I’m curious why Rotherham didn’t want him any more. He didn’t have a great game against Accrington (only match I’ve seen him in) but his physicality was impressive and he had a sense of strength combined with speed that has a lot of potential.

Question is, if he has so much potential, why have so many clubs passed up on him? Rotherham paid a record fee to sign him, but he then got injured and subsequently dropped. Why don’t they want him?

They’re doing well this year and he may have been an integral part of their relegation side last season. Maybe they’ve just got better options?
I remember seeing him in the pre-match warm up against FGR and it was striking how much bigger he was than Biamou. It appears he’s got a bit more to his game too...

Terry Gibson's perm

They’re doing well this year and he may have been an integral part of their relegation side last season. Maybe they’ve just got better options?
I remember seeing him in the pre-match warm up against FGR and it was striking how much bigger he was than Biamou. It appears he’s got a bit more to his game too...

Yes the most important thing goals

Terry_dactyl

Hopefully it’s our call, and no terms like promotion to L1 are needed to conclude the deal just in case....

There was talk of a good size fee was paid to secure the loan as Rotherham wanted to sell

An attack with JCH, Jones, Andreu, and mcnulty would be alright wouldn’t it? Could add Bayliss, Shipley and Reid to that.

steve82

An attack with JCH, Jones, Andreu, and mcnulty would be alright wouldn’t it? Could add Bayliss, Shipley and Reid to that.

Be frightening in L2, in L1 it would certainly be a great starting point. Andreu’s vision for JCH and McNulty could be the secret to many problems we’ve seen this year.

Terry_dactyl

Be frightening in L2, in L1 it would certainly be a great starting point. Andreu’s vision for JCH and McNulty could be the secret to many problems we’ve seen this year.

Tbh I included Andreu in that list but know little about him. I’m mainly just going on what people have said on here and that he was playing in the championship.
Did he look good? Sounds like he’s more of a passer than someone who’d run at defenders.

steve82

Tbh I included Andreu in that list but know little about him. I’m mainly just going on what people have said on here and that he was playing in the championship.
Did he look good? Sounds like he’s more of a passer than someone who’d run at defenders.

To be honest he is a unknown quantity to many of us but I’ve got him as a forward thinking player with good vision and great technical ability for this level. He’s not got the legs of JJ but not known for his pace more a cleaver pass to unlock a defence or picking the top/bottom corner with a shot. Set piece man too I believe. Certainly the man to link the midfield with the attacking 3rd and would of been a big player for sure

Terry_dactyl

To be honest he is a unknown quantity to many of us but I’ve got him as a forward thinking player with good vision and great technical ability for this level. He’s not got the legs of JJ but not known for his pace more a cleaver pass to unlock a defence or picking the top/bottom corner with a shot. Set piece man too I believe. Certainly the man to link the midfield with the attacking 3rd and would of been a big player for sure

Hopefully a good option to have then.
A quick look on Wikipedia tells me that “Andreu’s playing style has been compared to Cesc Fabregas.[30]”. Now I know that Wikipedia has it’s doubters but I think this means he’s actually as good as cesc fabregas!
In fairness that is the sort of player you described.

Skyblue_CP

JCH has been a great addition however i'm not sure why people slate Max so much, Yes JCH may look bigger and is more of a goal threat himself, but Max is far superior at holding the ball up/winning it in the air. His link up play is also good. It's no coincidence McNulty isnt getting on the score sheet quite as often now. I see it as we finally have a plan "B" if neccessary...

rupert_bear

I would say it puts him in the shop window I hope we have first dibs but he’ll go to whoever is best for him.

steve82

JCH has been a great addition however i'm not sure why people slate Max so much, Yes JCH may look bigger and is more of a goal threat himself, but Max is far superior at holding the ball up/winning it in the air. His link up play is also good. It's no coincidence McNulty isnt getting on the score sheet quite as often now. I see it as we finally have a plan "B" if neccessary...

I agree, Biamou and JCH are totally different in playing style and more crucially ones stepping down the leagues showing his class and can play as a individual and the other is stepping up in the professional game and brings others into the game.

Obviously strikers are measured on goals as that’s the role but there’s still a large chunk of the role to play. Both bring positive things to the side.

Tommo72

I like JCH’s desire to compete and win, he’s aggressive and I guess intimidating for the oppo - he’s a big unit too.

I’d imagine the challenge with him is keeping him in-line and focused.

Grendel

Biamou is crap at holding the ball up. Defenders can go on holiday for 90 minutes while he trundles around the pitch achieving nothing.

As for winning the ball in the air the ball sometimes bounces off his head and that’s it.

Speedies_Chips

I think if we are in League 2 next season, we will lose McNulty. I think he has proven that he is at least League 1 level.

luwalla

I think if we are in League 2 next season, we will lose McNulty. I think he has proven that he is at least League 1 level.
And Jones , JCH, Willis, the list could go in & that’s the worry ... we have a lot of players that will attract attention from higher leagues if we dont get out of L2

Sick Boy

I like JCH’s desire to compete and win, he’s aggressive and I guess intimidating for the oppo - he’s a big unit too.

I’d imagine the challenge with him is keeping him in-line and focused.

He certainly adds a bit of aggression to the team and I hadn't realised how much of a unit he is.

steve82

And Jones , JCH, Willis, the list could go in & that’s the worry ... we have a lot of players that will attract attention from higher leagues if we dont get out of L2

Personally I don’t fear loosing anyone from the side if we don’t go up. The summer is there to rebuild and at this level and L1 the pool of players available on a free is good enough to replace anyone.

McNulty is very likely to stay as he’s built a good relationship with MR and it’s gonna take a fair fee to buy him this summer.
Willis again, good player but will need a good fee to take away from CCFC.

Sick Boy

Personally I don’t fear loosing anyone from the side if we don’t go up. The summer is there to rebuild and at this level and L1 the pool of players available on a free is good enough to replace anyone.

McNulty is very likely to stay as he’s built a good relationship with MR and it’s gonna take a fair fee to buy him this summer.

The one we will struggle to keep hold of is Jones. Someone from league 1 is sure to take a gamble on him and likely for a reduced fee compared to what we could have got if he'd stayed injury free.

steve82

The one we will struggle to keep hold of is Jones. Someone from league 1 is sure to take a gamble on him and likely for a reduced fee compared to what we could have got if he'd stayed injury free.

Again I don't see him leaving in the summer. A clubs gonna wanna see he's fully recovered from his injury and again he's under a long contract so we hold the cards to say yes we're happy off you go.

Liquid Gold

The thing is clubs in league 1 are equally as broke as those in league 2. Blackburn, Wigan, Posh and maybe Bradford aside who could actually afford any of our players?

Mucca Mad Boys

I think he got a pretty serious long term injury and fell down the pecking order. That’s football. He’s only been limited to substitute appearances this term for Rotherham.

I really think he and McNulty makes 4-4-2 a really good option for us formation wise even when the likes of Andreu and Jones come back. Biamou at times got a lot of undue stick from fans. But, JCH looks a level or two ahead of Max. There’s plenty to admire about the way JCH plays the game, he’s aggressive, physical, carries the ball from deep and he can finish. I think he ends up with 15 goals easily had we signed in preseason.

In the long-term, at 23, he’s probably a better signing than Richards or Davies, so all credit goes to TW and Robins.

Mucca Mad Boys

Again I don't see him leaving in the summer. A clubs gonna wanna see he's fully recovered from his injury and again he's under a long contract so we hold the cards to say yes we're happy off you go.

If we’re in L2 next season, Jones is easily worth £1.5-2m to us. As you say, we hold all the cards so we really shouldn’t sell him.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Is he quick? Haven’t seen much of him but the way the Luton carthorse sprinted back past him Tuesday night surprised me.

Looks like he doesn’t really use his size much. I was disappointed with him Tuesday but what do I know.

wingy

I think he got a pretty serious long term injury and fell down the pecking order. That’s football. He’s only been limited to substitute appearances this term for Rotherham.

I really think he and McNulty makes 4-4-2 a really good option for us formation wise even when the likes of Andreu and Jones come back. Biamou at times got a lot of undue stick from fans. But, JCH looks a level or two ahead of Max. There’s plenty to admire about the way JCH plays the game, he’s aggressive, physical, carries the ball from deep and he can finish. I think he ends up with 15 goals easily had we signed in preseason.

In the long-term, at 23, he’s probably a better signing than Richards or Davies, so all credit goes to TW and Robins.

All of that plus whether they've had a managerial change?

Gibbo

Andreu is "the grass is always greener" see Ponticelli, Baker passim. In the few games he played, the ratings were not that high iirc. Somebody might like to check

Mucca Mad Boys

Considering no one wanted to pay 500k for him when his contract was up this summer, and now we’ve extended his contract and he’s established himself as our best CB... the chances of him leaving are pretty close to nil I think, barring a silly money offer.

Users who are viewing this thread