Welcome Jonson Clarke-Harris (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Didn't look great but we weren't playing to his strengths. Nobody looked god today. Also it was difficult to work out what was going on at times tat close to the pitch.

Hobo

Didn't look great but we weren't playing to his strengths. Nobody looked god today. Also it was difficult to work out what was going on at times tat close to the pitch.

a high bar if you want them to look "God"

Mcbean

It wasnt a brilliant debut - but he looks strong ( in body) and where we were predicting that his free kick would be another lost ball - he did nearly beat the keeper slightly wide of the post

Londonccfcfan

It wasnt a brilliant debut - but he looks strong ( in body) and where we were predicting that his free kick would be another lost ball - he did nearly beat the keeper slightly wide of the post

Was watching his practice free kicks from dead ball. Did look very very good. So when he stepped up to take free kick I knew he was the best option.

Struck it very very well. At least that’s one option we don’t have. Hard to judge from from his 25 mins.

He did cushion header a decent ball into Barrats path. Which Barrat didn’t anticipate as he was knackered. If he had anticipated better would have been through on goal.

So he was no worse or better than Biamou who had an off day today.

Terry_dactyl

Was watching his practice free kicks from dead ball. Did look very very good. So when he stepped up to take free kick I knew he was the best option.

Struck it very very well. At least that’s one option we don’t have. Hard to judge from from his 25 mins.

He did cushion header a decent ball into Barrats path. Which Barrat didn’t anticipate as he was knackered. If he had anticipated better would have been through on goal.

So he was no worse or better than Biamou who had an off day today.

I thought his free kick was in. How close was it? I’d agree with the comments about him. Tried too hard but looks promising. He’s a big, athletic looking bloke.

Nick

Administrator
He looked a bit annoyed when he came on, was trying far too hard.

Robins is going to need to look at his strengths and weaknesses and play to them.

There's no point having him do the biamou role of dropping deep to win flick ons and then being miles away from goal.

Can see him losing his head playing in games where strikers get nothing and trying to run it from his own box to score.

Londonccfcfan

Looking a top signing as his fitness and match sharpness improves weekly.

Has put a big marker down to start at Mansfield Saturday.

He was limping at the end. Hopefully not injured.

Definitely has put a marker down.

He loves his little flicks from near post area. Almost scored at Colchester from one unbelievable save from their keeper. Also hit the post today. He’s definitely looked more likely to score that Max.

steve82

He was limping at the end. Hopefully not injured.

Definitely has put a marker down.

He loves his little flicks from near post area. Almost scored at Colchester from one unbelievable save from their keeper. Also hit the post today. He’s definitely looked more likely to score that Max.

Hopefully just a bit of cramp

Skyblueol

Worked his socks off today. Looked our biggest attacking thread and took his goal well. Think he's a real asset to the club and could help take the weight off mcnultys shoulders. Say we don't get promoted this year I'd be happy next year with two quality strikers up front.

Nick

Administrator
Worked his socks off today. Looked our biggest attacking thread and took his goal well. Think he's a real asset to the club and could help take the weight off mcnultys shoulders. Say we don't get promoted this year I'd be happy next year with two quality strikers up front.
Imagine him with mcnulty and andreu / Jones behind them. Scarily good, on paper anyway

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think He may have picked up a dead leg from the clash with the keeper

He clearly felt something when running out wide with about 10 mins To go. But fair play he carried on

Was certainly the better game he’s had. I guess that’s down to him being able to build up to match fitness

Hopefully it turns out to be an astute signing!

Londonccfcfan

He clearly felt something when running out wide with about 10 mins To go. But fair play he carried on

Was certainly the better game he’s had. I guess that’s down to him being able to build up to match fitness

Hopefully it turns out to be an astute signing!

We had used up our three subs and also in the last mins he was practically in the dug out chatting to Robins whilst game was still on.

Hopefully not a hamstring.

Skybluefaz

Martin Winch in the post match interview with JCH yesterday "Tell us about the goal, was it a toe poke?". How to make yourself look a right tit and massively understate an excellent finish in one sentence.

Sky Blue Pete

First half I thought he wasn’t making things happen. Not being a willing runner or putting pressure on the Brighton defence. Second half he was excellent!!

Loved when he was yelling at the team to move up. Pretty sure it was 3-0 at the time.

lifeskyblue

First half I thought he wasn’t making things happen. Not being a willing runner or putting pressure on the Brighton defence. Second half he was excellent!!

Loved when he was yelling at the team to move up. Pretty sure it was 3-0 at the time.

Yep agree with that. He didn’t look special (apart from header) first half but for last half hour he was the best player on the pitch; winning his battles, bringing other players into the game and getting his goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

better days

I've heard he's a positive lad around the training ground too. Talking to the younger lads and giving them encouragement to develop good habits etc
Seems maybe he's passing on the advice to stop them learning things the hard way as happened to him

higgs

He looked a proper number 9 and more importantly a goal threat

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hopesprings

He looked a proper number 9 and more importantly a goal threat

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He did very well Saturday hope it continues in the league. My only concern is that IF he does well...he is only on loan and we then have the nervous wait to see if he joins us permanently or goes elsewhere....probably depends on a) us getting promotion and b) being able to compete on wages

Terry_dactyl

He did very well Saturday hope it continues in the league. My only concern is that IF he does well...he is only on loan and we then have the nervous wait to see if he joins us permanently or goes elsewhere....probably depends on a) us getting promotion and b) being able to compete on wages

Haven’t we got an option to buy? If so doesn’t this mean the ball is in our court?

Users who are viewing this thread