• Yep

Votes: 153 92.2%
  • Nah

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Dunno

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters

Sky Blue Kid

@ The Rev.....I really am pleased for you, being able to go and watch your team play football, but I'm also saddened by the line which says "From that day on I'll be going with "REAL FANS" I always thought you were anti anyone being devisive mate?

Ian1779

@ The Rev.....I really am pleased for you, being able to go and watch your team play football, but I'm also saddened by the line which says "From that day on I'll be going with "REAL FANS" I always thought you were anti anyone being devisive mate?

He was referring to the Plastic Mancs and glory supporters...

hill83

Rather than his family who he stated don't support Coventry City. Hardly divisive.

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

I will be back to the Ricoh for the first time since the first season there !!! I hate the place & have been an away fan only since the 0-2 defeat to Hull in first season there.

I'll probably still hate it & still almost exclusively go to away games, but I will venture back to the soulless plastic bowl later this season.

Unfortunately, I won't be there for 5th Sept. as I live 120 miles north & will not make it in time with Friday rush hour M6 traffic.

Sky Blue Kid

I have gone to watch CCFC over many, many, years. but have chosen not to go over the last 2-3 seasons(Hence my being able to save enough money to go to the States for 6 weeks) I will however return to watch CCFC play when SISU have f**ked off!

W

westcountry_skyblue

I will not be able to get away early from work,So will watch on Sky at home.
But i am going to Swindon and will be up for the Yeovil game.
Does that sound ok?

SkyBlueSid

Sid. What if you can only get tickets 2 seats down from your old seats? Knock it on the head?

Edit: Genuine question, I'd be pretty annoyed if I couldn't get my seat but the block and row would do.

Yes, of course. What I don't want is to be sat in a different area. There are only 4 rows in the little section where we sat in block 19, so we will be happy to sit anywhere in there.

My real point is that former ST holders should be allowed to retain and renew their old seats as if the move to the dark side had never happened. There is no reason why that should not happen, and in fact should make the whole process easier for the club. I would also regard it as a way to maximise the take-up of season tickets by former holders, so it makes good commercial sense too. (Commercial sense - that would be a first!)

olderskyblue

Would love to be there, but since the move to Sixfields, i changed my normal doctrine and organised my holidays in September, so I will have to find a bar showing the game....

shmmeee

I'm sticking with my principles and morals, it's a no from me. SISU have done nothing that doesn't have some sort of "Hidden proviso's tied into the return to the Ricoh"(So much for transparency) I have never/will never forgive them for what they've done to my Football Club. "Taxi for SISU!"

Fuck em. Don't let them "take your City away". They've lost this one. They're back on a rental deal like they said they'd never do, everyone hates them, now it's time to focus on football. Let's fill the place each week and not only cheer on the team out of this shitty league but show the world and any future owners what were made of.

Tl;dr: stop being a miserable bugger

I said I'd only go for the 1st game back and protest for them sisu twats have gone and not return till them tossers have gone. However I've got the buzz again. Season ticket for me. But don't forget we'll be back to boycotting in 2-4 years time. Sisu out

blend

I was really excited yesterday and still am in many respects. I'm hoping the anger and resentment towards our owners subsides. At the moment I don't think I can come on principal and that's nothing to do with how the team is doing. I retain the right to change my mind. Dropping the JR would be a start I've always been a firm believer in fair negotiation and avoiding unnecessary disputes. I also blame our owners for my lad supporting Arsenal, don't worry I will continue to work on him ;-)

Samo

I was really excited yesterday and still am in many respects. I'm hoping the anger and resentment towards our owners subsides. At the moment I don't think I can come on principal and that's nothing to do with how the team is doing. I retain the right to change my mind. Dropping the JR would be a start I've always been a firm believer in fair negotiation and avoiding unnecessary disputes. I also blame our owners for my lad supporting Arsenal, don't worry I will continue to work on him ;-)

A c'mon blend, get yourself down there. Would a pint and a bag of crisps sway you?

skybluetony176

I have gone to watch CCFC over many, many, years. but have chosen not to go over the last 2-3 seasons(Hence my being able to save enough money to go to the States for 6 weeks) I will however return to watch CCFC play when SISU have f**ked off!

i hope you can see your way to changing your mind SBK for the same reasons that i wanted sixfielders to change their minds about attending sixfields. i dont believe what you're doing is in the best interests of the club.

but its your choice.

smileycov

Facebook User
someone posted on here, that the more support we provide the more appealing we become to a buyer.
That tbf is about the truth, I doubt very much they have a long term desire top stick around. They must know now that selling everything possible will only weaken the product (there words) and therefore damage any sell on. The stadium buy out on the cheap is no longer viable, so selling IS THERE ONLY OPTION imo.

Follow our club, support the boys, enjoy CCFC again, buy the shirts and with what SP is producing I personally see success coming soon. Someone may then buy us as a championship club of our stature is worth a punt.

Kingokings204

I hate sisu and what they have done sure but I won't cut my nose off to spite my face.

I will be there plus 3. Family trip.

Think about it this way if you hate the manager or a certain player would you still not go?

Gint11

Yes, of course. What I don't want is to be sat in a different area. There are only 4 rows in the little section where we sat in block 19, so we will be happy to sit anywhere in there.

My real point is that former ST holders should be allowed to retain and renew their old seats as if the move to the dark side had never happened. There is no reason why that should not happen, and in fact should make the whole process easier for the club. I would also regard it as a way to maximise the take-up of season tickets by former holders, so it makes good commercial sense too. (Commercial sense - that would be a first!)

Sid, with the greatest respect (as you come across on here as a decent chap) I cannot understand for the life of me why not having your old seat is such a problem. Yes I want my old seat back but if it has to be in the further down the row or 2 or 3 behind or in front, right now, I don't care. If needbe I'll suck it and see until the next full season starts and reclaim my seat properly or try to. You and I have been made to watch our team from a far and now we are back, you are kicking your heels in at potentially not getting your old seat. To be honest thats pathetic and not even a real reason in my opinion.

James Smith

I'm currently in discussions with the manager about having my days off back to back midweek so I can make those games. Very Happy position to be in. :)

duffer

I'll be there - or at least as much as I was in the last few seasons. I don't have the same passion for the club as I used to, and my personal life is a bit busier now that I've got kids to look after. In fairness, that's not all down to SISU (especially the last bit, I hope!), but it's bloody good to have the club home and I'm not going to deny myself because of my opinion of our owners.

Fwiw, I'd have no issue sitting alongside 'sixfielders' or anyone else. We're all fans, and we all had to find our way through the last year the best way we could. Time to move on together. :)

Nick

Administrator
I'll be there - or at least as much as I was in the last few seasons. I don't have the same passion for the club as I used to, and my personal life is a bit busier now that I've got kids to look after. In fairness, that's not all down to SISU (especially the last bit, I hope!), but it's bloody good to have the club home and I'm not going to deny myself because of my opinion of our owners.

Fwiw, I'd have no issue sitting alongside 'sixfielders' or anyone else. We're all fans, and we all had to find our way through the last year the best way we could. Time to move on together. :)

Has anybody said they wouldn't sit near them? :O

The Reverend Skyblue

SBK, i'm sorry but I think you misunderstood me a bit, I meant real fans like Cov fans, and not the trophy hunting fans like my wife and kids. I was trying to be sarcastic/ironic, meaning us Cov fans have been through the mill over the years and we still come in great numbers.

The family love everything Liverpool and have been loyal fans since I met her and help make the kids but she brainwashed them before I could get to them. I really do not believe they know what it is like to support a club that has won one trophy in the 48 years I have been supporting Cov, the other 47 being mostly a struggle against relegation. To maintain a passion for a very unsuccessful team is a great challenge, and Cov have fantastic fans to still get the crowds we do, and that what I meant by real fans.
They are spoilt and I am very envious, winning most Saturdays must be fantastic, but I feel the supporters of clubs like ours and the rest in leagues 1 and 2 are very special to stick with their teams through thin and thinner

sorry to be so confusing .

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

Previous owners were indeed money grabbers, but gave us something SISU never has, Class players, Dublin,McCallister,Hadji,Chippo,Ndlovu,Hutchinson,Strachan,Ronnie Rees,George Hudson,Keane, and the list goes on and on and on. What "Class players" have SISU presented to us over their 7 years reign? Their adage is sell one good player for £3m...one good player for £1m and bring in 6 players on the equivolent wage of Clarke alone. Bomb out the top wage earner in Baker and boooom, bring in another 3-4 on the equivolence of his wage. Admittedly, you cut your cloth to suit, but bringing in players that aren't by any means fit, and still aren't....Fleck anyone?, I'm sorry skybluetony176 SISU have never shown me anything to fill me with confidence. Chasing this JR shouldn't fill a guy like you with confidence either mate ;)

Moff

I'll be there - or at least as much as I was in the last few seasons. I don't have the same passion for the club as I used to, and my personal life is a bit busier now that I've got kids to look after.

Take the kids with you duffer...well if they are old enough.

My kids suggested their support had diminished over the past year, and I had to work hard to convince them otherwise** (my son is 13 and my daughter is 9) but this news has brought a lot of their passion back and they cant wait to go.

** ( I told them it was cold living in the shed in winter;))

Covstu

cannot wait but what is disappointing is the 'fans' that have now moved from 'SISU are wankers get us home' to 'I will never go until SISU sell up'. I think roughly translated 'I will never be going regardless of who is in charge but will be the first to slag off the club on CWR when we lose.

We all got what we wanted whether people attended 6fields, the hill or decided to stay away so there is NO EXCUSE now to get back and support your team

Covstu

Previous owners were indeed money grabbers, but gave us something SISU never has, Class players, Dublin,McCallister,Hadji,Chippo,Ndlovu,Hutchinson,Strachan,Ronnie Rees,George Hudson,Keane, and the list goes on and on and on. What "Class players" have SISU presented to us over their 7 years reign? Their adage is sell one good player for £3m...one good player for £1m and bring in 6 players on the equivolent wage of Clarke alone. Bomb out the top wage earner in Baker and boooom, bring in another 3-4 on the equivolence of his wage. Admittedly, you cut your cloth to suit, but bringing in players that aren't by any means fit, and still aren't....Fleck anyone?, I'm sorry skybluetony176 SISU have never shown me anything to fill me with confidence. Chasing this JR shouldn't fill a guy like you with confidence either mate ;)

You are seriously comparing the club when we were in the premiership to the club that SISU took over and criticising because they are not bringing in players equivalent to Dublin, Hadji and co?? Get real mate, none of us are SISU fans but your taking the piss now

skybluetony176

Sisu dont fill me with confidence in any shape or form. I took the Suxfields move personally because to me it was personal. We're back where we should be now and shit owners aren't going to be a further reason i don't go to watch the team i support (although i was on the hill tuesday night). As long as we're at home I'll be going as often as i can.

I do feel its now important that we go to home games in the biggest numbers possible to protest (if you like) about imagination land. If we have 20K + going to every home game how can SISU be proposing a 16K stadium in the Birmingham, sorry Coventry "area"? The battle to get CCFC back to the Ricoh is over, the battle to keep CCFC at the Ricoh has just begun and staying away to spite the owners aint helping. Its that simple for me.

torchomatic

Seriously?

chiefdave

Not sure I can make the first game now it's moved to Friday, trying to change arrangements so I can but its not looking good. Will be there the following week, sadly it seems my Dad wasn't joking when he said he had been to his last game, he's already phoned me and said not to get him a ticket :( been a long time since I've been to a game at the Ricoh without him, in fact I'm not sure I ever had.

bigfatronssba

cannot wait but what is disappointing is the 'fans' that have now moved from 'SISU are wankers get us home' to 'I will never go until SISU sell up'. I think roughly translated 'I will never be going regardless of who is in charge but will be the first to slag off the club on CWR when we lose.

We all got what we wanted whether people attended 6fields, the hill or decided to stay away so there is NO EXCUSE now to get back and support your team

Hang on a minute. When a total Sixfields boycott was called for all we got was how it's an individuals right to go or not go.

Same applies now. If some don't want to go that is up to them.

Users who are viewing this thread