What are you currently listening to? (6 Viewers)

Gazolba

Fabulous song. It was written by Cat Stevens for his girlfriend Barbara D'Arbanville, who died after taking an overdose I believe.
Yes, I like Cat Stevens' version a lot too.

Gazolba

Heinz - "Just Like Eddie", if you remember this song, you must be old:

Gazolba

Eden Kane - "Boys Cry", another really old oldie:

Last edited:

wingy

Older brother of Peter Sarstedt who had hits with "Where do you go to my lovely?" and "Frozen Orange Juice".
Both great tracks
Frozen Orange juice being the lesser played one
But my favourite one of the two
So upbeat!
The accordion player on where do you go was pulled off a street corner when he was recording
Love the idea of that
Settled in now H and how's your son and grandkids coping ATM and everyone else of course?

Gazolba

Johnny Kidd and the Pirates - "Shakin' All Over",
Johnny Kidd was tragically killed in a car crash aged 30 in 1966:

Mcbean

Following on from the Best band thread - if you want something to chill on or of course sex and you like prog - try this - they use Sax / Guitar / Bass in fact everything to assault the ear lobes - i can quite happily doze off to sleep with this one - no vocals - GM are very varied - Guitar boy is a right axe victim not so much on this one

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Both great tracks
Frozen Orange juice being the lesser played one
But my favourite one of the two
So upbeat!
The accordion player on where do you go was pulled off a street corner when he was recording
Love the idea of that
Settled in now H and how's your son and grandkids coping ATM and everyone else of course?
They seem to be getting on fine at the moment, thanks Wingy. My son took the boys off on a short holiday straight away. Apparently, they're coping really well. Between you and me (and every bugger on here!), I reckon those boys have more time for their dad anyway.

lifeskyblue

The Seekers - "Someday, one day":

Saw the Seekers on their UK tour a few years ago. Judith Durham fragile but still the presence to own the stage. What a voice. Love ‘Carnival is Over’ and wife often sang ‘Morningtown’ to the kids when they went to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

I'm listening a lot to Bowie's Heathen album on CD. I think it wasn't well received when it came out, but I love it. Someone on here said Bowie was overrated, the guy was a musical genius !
The 2 he did in the late 90's, Earthling & Hours have some gems. Can be found on youtube.

Captain Dart

On Heathen there's a track titled : Slow Burn. What a song that is, keep playing it over and over. Check it out if you haven't heard it.
I have CD bought when album released. i love the cover of pixies cactus, better than orig in my opinion.

Nick

Administrator
One for Wingy and BBR!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

Don't like the song,but she's a bit tasty dancing on her own below. How come you don't see women like that in the Cherry Tree on matchdays then !

wingy

Oh heard Paul Waller on Chris Evans doing a live season from his new Album
Can't get the track called Gravity out of my head
Stunningly simple , performed acoustically but just beautiful .

Mcbean

Don't like the song,but she's a bit tasty dancing on her own below. How come you don't see women like that in the Cherry Tree on matchdays then !
Made me think of strippers on a Saturday lunchtime in the pub in Kingston on Thames on market day - back in the early 70s - couldnt get in :(

wingy

Four out of five by Arctic Monkeys
Great track from the new album
Sounds Hauntingly like Bowie on vocals

Mcbean

Sunday Lunchtime seems blastphemous for strippers so it happened up here as well as London ! - can you imagine the outcry today outside of Soho !!!

Users who are viewing this thread