Match Thread ⚽️ Burnley vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 14th Jan (3 Viewers)

junglej13

Pretty workmanlike performance. Shame one lapse in concentration from Dabo has cost us. Otherwise it was probably his best game for a while.

slowpoke

Today illustrates again our need for forwards our scratch defence was superb today but let down again by our forwards, we miss far too many good chances and no Waghorn to blame today, apart from Gyokeres , Hamer, Sheaf, Allen nor Palmer look like scoring.
I’d bring an attack minded midfielder and a strike partner for Vik.
Despite losing today we are still well in touching distance of the top six.

Last edited:

ProfessorbyGrace

How many goals has he scored this season?
I think the context is more: ‘how many more would he have if he converted the 1on1 chances’.
If he did, he’d easily have 20 goals by now.

Apart from Godden, there isn’t a typically natural goal scorer in the team. Vik has a way to go yet, but when he’s the finished article, he’ll easily be a 25 goal a season striker.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think there are positives to take from that performance. It was a decent overall display against one of the best teams in the division with a very thin squad that saw a load of youngsters and 2 keepers on the bench.

BUT we still get the same amount of points as if we'd got absolutely hammered.

We missed some glorious opportunities yet again and we surely have to look at either getting a striking coach/psychologist in to sort that problem out. It's been true of us for a few seasons and is a huge reason why we're not even higher up than we are.

Usually I'm shouting for subs, but today even though the players were tiring I doubt it would have improved matters. Maybe he could've given Nee five minutes at the end for the hell of it. Assume the two keepers was because no other outfield players had travelled. Which I find amazing that we only take enough outfield players for the team and bench. I'd take a couple extra each time just in case someone falls ill etc.

Felt the ref was inconsistent at times (consider our bookings to theirs and the yellow given to the guy tangling with Wilson)

oscillatewildly

Well, nobody expected anything today and if you're going to lose then at least manage it by the slenderest margin.
Mission accomplished then, but seat belts need to be fastened - We are in for a bumpy journey to the end of the season.

lordy_87

A good day all in all, despite the loss and disappointing goal conceded from a set piece, only ruined by the racist c**t behind me saying the n word on 3 occasions, if I realised who it was I'd have fucking filled them in. Pissed off.

• Angry
Reactions: PVA

Danceswithhorses

Don't think it's intentional to sit back. Loads of talk on here before the game about having the shittest bench in recent memory so there just aren't options to change the game like Burnley have.
I don't disagree with you, but it's just so frustrating as a fan to watch the same thing happen, again and again.

ccfc922

Everyone expected a hammering before the game so why all the moaning now?? At a stretch we deserved a point but wasn’t to be. Onto the next one hopefully a stronger fuller squad

If they'd outplayed us, of course 1-0 would have been fair, but we've fucked ourselves up today. Our finishing is woeful.

SheafIsGod

All fart no poo performance unfortunately. For all our good play and chances we didn’t have a single shot on target. Typical Cov.

CCFCSteve

Age old problem of not being clinical enough in final third* but no shame in losing away to the best team in the league that had won six on the bounce

Did well overall just frustrating. At least one of the new lads looks decent and hopefully we’ll get a couple more in over the coming days

*only time we were, our usually solid back line disintegrated against Swansea

Blind-Faith

It was Gyokeres man not Dabos.
a69e0d4daf6764060416d6e97b021b89.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Isn’t that Charlie Taylor who vik is marking? The bloke who Dabo is marking is the one who scored isn’t it??

pusbccfc

Fine margins like a lot of games this season.

The biggest issue is our depth. They have the riches and a squad full of £££ wages. We have a few children on the bench and two keepers.

Anyone comes in for £15m for Vik and you take it. Said it weeks back, you can rebuild a club with that. You could probably find a striker who doesn't miss so many good chances too.

One positive is leaving this place. There are a lot of poor towns and cities in this country. We've visited them all. Burnley is up with Bradford and Rotherham. A real tough, deprived area. A dangerous away end with facilities not fit for the 80s.

Stay up and hope Doug has a little ambition to rebuild in the summer when Vik and Hamer leave.

Tommo1993

Gyokeres best goal will be his one at Sunderland. Took the ball, saw the chance, shoot, goal. Wish he’d do more of that.

Nuskyblue

Fucking shit day at the office. Wasted 3 glorious opportunities then got distracted with that stupid scuffle and a shit goal.

If we had VAR their goal wouldn’t have stood. Sickening
Tbh I don't think I've ever seen VAR disallow a goal or give a pen for an obvious foul at free kicks/corners. They should, but they don't which would have made it even more maddening

pusbccfc

I thought the ref was OK. I thought his biggest blunder was booking Dabo instead of giving Cuffy a 2nd yellows helped us out there.

He was okay besides he sheer lack of consistency. Foul after foul on Vik and Palmervand no yellows. One foul from a Coventry player and it's a yellow.

The yellow for Dabo was embarrassing. Burnley spent 15 minutes time wasting after the goal and he bottled blowing a yellow to them.

Fergusons_Beard

How fucking frustrating!!!

Fucking Dabo switches off and gifts the guy a free fucking header. No blocking , no foul just runs off Dabo and he just lets him. Absolutely terrible defending from a professional. Up until that point Dabo had played well but yet again we conceded from a concentration error.

We hem them in their own half for 60 minutes of the match leading the Burnley co-coms to hail us as the best team to have played at Turf Moor this season to then mysteriously sit back and invite Burnley onto us. Wasting time and hanging on like a punch drunk boxer.

Don’t get me started on Wilson’s distribution woeful at best.

Really good formation but it was the sitting back and trying to defend which cost us (oh and the lack of squad depth-but that’s another issue)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Macca

I’d snap someone’s hand off if we get a 10 million plus offer for Vik, need reinforcements asap

pusbccfc

Form since the WC is dreadful. Can't be far off relegation form when you include a loss in the FA Cup?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread