Match Thread ⚽️ Burnley vs Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 14th Jan (2 Viewers)

Fergusons_Beard

We were going through a purple patch and hugely over performing before the WC I kind of expected us to dip after the momentum was lost

Were we over performing?

Or just playing teams we should be beating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

clint van damme

How fucking frustrating!!!

Fucking Dabo switches off and gifts the guy a free fucking header. No blocking , no foul just runs off Dabo and he just lets him. Absolutely terrible defending from a professional. Up until that point Dabo had played well but yet again we conceded from a concentration error.

We hem them in their own half for 60 minutes of the match leading the Burnley co-coms to hail us as the best team to have played at Turf Moor this season to then mysteriously sit back and invite Burnley onto us. Wasting time and hanging on like a punch drunk boxer.

Don’t get me started on Wilson’s distribution woeful at best.

Really good formation but it was the sitting back and trying to defend which cost us (oh and the lack of squad depth-but that’s another issue)

Maybe the reason we st back is because the players were knackered due to not having none worthwhile on the bench to freshen things up with?

slowpoke

I’d snap someone’s hand off if we get a 10 million plus offer for Vik, need reinforcements asap
He needs a strike partner up top with him at the moment opposing defenders smother him two on one.
I’d also look at our formation think our defence could cope with a back four rather than a five especially if we bring a decent CB.

pusbccfc

We were going through a purple patch and hugely over performing before the WC I kind of expected us to dip after the momentum was lost

Arguably worse than a dip?

One win from a 90th minute penalty.

Macca

Were we over performing?

Or just playing teams we should be beating?

Fair point tbh. Fixtures were a little kinder. I guess I meant more our league position and proximity to play offs. On that, we have some much kinder games coming up and hopefully with some additions can get some more success

Adge

What’s the point? No other Championship club even wants him apparently.
Really don’t get this Rose love in. Should be a leader at the back as the elder statesman but is as quiet as a church mouse. Middle of the road at best but unfortunately we have to persist with him as there is nobody else.

Macca

He needs a strike partner up top with him at the moment opposing defenders smother him two on one.
I’d also look at our formation think our defence could cope with a back four rather than a five especially if we bring a decent CB.

I just feel a 10m asset is a luxury to a club like us. Cash in before he breaks down. We already lost 5-6 million when Callum did just that

clint van damme

Fair point tbh. Fixtures were a little kinder. I guess I meant more our league position and proximity to play offs. On that, we have some much kinder games coming up and hopefully with some additions can get some more success

We did beat 3 of the top 6 so it wasn't a walk in the park.

Fergusons_Beard

Tbh we’re a mid table side without reinforcements and our form is following this. Not consistent enough.

Frustrating thing is knowing how close we are to a very good side.

Robins said the other day about building incrementally and I think we just have to be patient about our expectations.

clint van damme

Really don’t get this Rose love in. Should be a leader at the back as the elder statesman but is as quiet as a church mouse. Middle of the road at best but unfortunately we have to persist with him as there is nobody else.

Some people jut don't have leadership qualities, if they haven't it shouldn't be held against them but we do miss leadership at the back.

slowpoke

I just feel a 10m asset is a luxury to a club like us. Cash in before he breaks down. We already lost 5-6 million when Callum did just that
But now isn’t the time to sell, we would have to in bring two newbies in the next couple of weeks and hope they both hit the ground running.

pusbccfc

We're 15th based on the last 6 games and 8th based on the last 10.

Doesn't take into account the fact we have had a fairly nice run until today. The Reading loss, Swansea meltdown and two draws against Cardiff and Bristol City are very poor results. Miles off it against Sheffield United away and a loss today. West Brom result was great but we scored with a last minute penalty.

Sky Blue Harry H

Tbh we’re a mid table side without reinforcements and our form is following this. Not consistent enough.

Robins said the other day about building incrementally and I think we just have to be patient about our expectations.

Agree - next season will be particularly interesting. Wild prediction is play offs in the 24/25 Championship season, after next season's team has bedded in (one for Grendel to dig out and humiliate me with at the time!)

pusbccfc

It's all great planning to build but this was a chance this year. Vik, Hamer, Sheaf and O'Hare as good as any in this league but we are let down but no investment in January.

It won't be a building process in the summer as we will be having to start from the bottom when you lose Vik, Doyle, Panzo and likely Hamer.

clint van damme

Doesn't take into account the fact we have had a fairly nice run until today. The Reading loss, Swansea meltdown and two draws against Cardiff and Bristol City are very poor results. Miles off it against Sheffield United away and a loss today. West Brom result was great but we scored with a last minute penalty.

Why do people keep saying we scored with a last minute penalty as if the negates the result?
So what? We got 3 points.
And yes,we should have done better in the 3 home games but we're still where we are in the form table, nd thats15th.

clint van damme

10 takes us before the world cup though

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah, but 6 doesn't cover all the fixtures since so was just using that for comparison.
They don't do a 7 game form table and I'm not working it out!

OldBedrocker

It's all great planning to build but this was a chance this year. Vik, Hamer, Sheaf and O'Hare as good as any in this league but we are let down but no investment in January.

It won't be a building process in the summer as we will be having to start from the bottom when you lose Vik, Doyle, Panzo and likely Hamer.
Also the quality of teams relegated from the Prem this year will be much better than last season

stupot07

Yeah, but 6 doesn't cover all the fixtures since so was just using that for comparison.
They don't do a 7 game form table and I'm not working it out!
To be fair that would then include the Reading loss so we would be lower than 16th.

stay_up_skyblues

I suppose the problem is, IF MR gets all the money, you’ve then got to find one (to maintain) 20 goal a season striker, and another (to progress) 10 - 15 goal a season striker/AM . In fact, given the options available up front and injuries, you’re needing three strikers. If none of them provide an instant return to cover Vik’s goals were down.

For me me, it’s better to stick with the almost guaranteed goal return of Vik between now and end of season and trust MR to bring in the right players as planned in Jan with whatever is available to add. I think he goes in the summer anyway.

clint van damme

To be fair that would then include the Reading loss so we would be lower than 16th.

And I've said all along we'll finish 12 to 16th ndI stand by it unless there's significant investment.

Evo1883

So having actually gone to the game today in the end , I was actually pleasantly surprised with what we did today ..

The squad lacks serious depth at the moment and up until the 70th we really should have been atleast a goal up , and ofcourse when you don't take chances you're always in danger of doing what we did today ..

We lost but I'm not disappointed

robbiethemole

Good 15 mins for us.
most on here were expecting a thrashing so that wasn't such a disaster. We had chances and took the game to them but sadly, are lacking on the bench. The new lad played well but I thought Allen was running in treacle, so maybe Burrows earlier for him?
Obviously we need more bodies in, so come on Doug, do your stuff!!
Overall not as bad as some are making out............................. better teams than us have been mauled here.

alexccfc99

Not a nice atmosphere at all today - City fans chanting through the silence was brain dead, but a glass bottle was hoyed from the back of the Burnley end into our lot, spilled over a bit afterwards

Where this has all come from with Burnley I have no idea

Speedie's Head

The winter months are always tough with a small squad.

Users who are viewing this thread