Match Thread ⚽️ Coventry City vs Blackpool Match Thread - Saturday 29th Oct (3 Viewers)

skyblueinBaku

Not a surprising result considering MR was forced to put together a makeshift team a couple of hours before kickoff. I wonder how many players on the pitch today weren't ill. How that illness will affect Tuesday's game is anyone's guess.

Brighton Sky Blue

Fully fit with Gyo starting we win that. But it was just absolutely dreadful.

Sick of staying in that bottom 3

Reactions: AOM

Paxman II

We got what we deserved tbh - nothing. Yet you could see Blackpool were poor at the back and we failed to make the best of it. Dissjointed and unable to take our chances. Robin's will blame squad depth and to an extent that is true, but tbf his team starting 11 was a glaring error. Vik looked like he had more in him than waiting until 75 minutes? But regardless we were let down by the defending and giving the ball away too often. Sheaf the main culprit. If you are going to mess about like we have today, then don't expect a good result. Massive improvement required Tuesday night and a bit more brave selection from Robins. Still in the bottom 3 now - so frustrating.

shmmeee

Wilsons distribution is non league standard. Now the cleansheets have dried up there is no excuse to keep him in the team.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Clean sheets dried up as soon as Hamer and O’Hare were available and we could play more expansive football instead of 10 behind the ball.

Otis

We got what we deserved tbh - nothing. Yet you could see Blackpool were poor at the back and we failed to make the best of it. Dissjointed and unable to take our chances. Robin's will blame squad depth and to an extent that is true, but tbf his team starting 11 was a glaring error. Vik looked like he had more in him than waiting until 75 minutes? But regardless we were let down by the defending and giving the ball away too often. Sheaf the main culprit. If you are going to mess about like we have today, then don't expect a good result. Massive improvement required Tuesday night and a bit more brave selection from Robins. Still in the bottom 3 now - so frustrating.
He's going to blame the illness in the camp isn't he?

Esoterica

Defence looks really poor. Haven't seen Panzo play well for us since the opening game. Didn't win anything today. Doesn't look strong enough or fast enough, and look very nervous in possession.
He reminds me of a defender's version of Jordi Hiwula. Pretty good with the ball at his feet and moving forwards with it but the rest of his game is missing.

Brighton Sky Blue

We got what we deserved tbh - nothing. yet you could see Blackpool were poor at the back and we failed to make the best of it. Disjointed and unable to take our chances. Robin's will blame squad depth and to an extent that is true, but tbf his team starting 11 was a glaring error. Vik looked like he had more in him than waiting until 75 minutes? But regardless we were let down by the defending and giving the ball away too often. Sheaf the main culprit. If you are going to mess about like we have today, then don't expect a good result. massive improvement required Tuesday night and a bit more brave selection from Robins. Still in the bottom 3 now - so frustrating.

To be honest I genuinely think we’ll lose both next week, if they’re even played. This week was a huge chance-Blackpool garbage defensively but we were even worse.

Pathetic

shmmeee

Unless there’s a good reason not to my back four would be Moore Rose Fadz Doyle on current showings. But even that isn’t good enough. We all said it over summer: the defence was our worst part last season and we weakened it instead of strengthening it.

Danceswithhorses

Steaming pile of horseshit performance 🐴 :poop:

GK - the King of Shitland :poop::poop::poop:
Central Defenders - shit (bar Fadz)
Wingbacks - decent (better than most)
Midfield - shit (bar Hamer and O'hare)
Gyok - better than most despite only playing 20 mins

Our games in hand are sadly masking our poor performances, and they'll be running out fast.
Rotherham and Blackpool at home should be wins, if we have any kind of ambition to do well.

Speedie's Head

Unless there’s a good reason not to my back four would be Moore Rose Fadz Doyle on current showings. But even that isn’t good enough. We all said it over summer: the defence was our worst part last season and we weakened it instead of strengthening it.

I wonder if back a 4 is the way to go...

Otis

Steaming pile of horseshit performance 🐴 :poop:

GK - the King of Shitland :poop::poop::poop:
Central Defenders - shit (bar Fadz)
Wingbacks - decent (better than most)
Midfield - shit (bar Hamer and O'hare)
Gyok - better than most despite only playing 20 mins

Our games in hand are sadly masking our poor performances, and they'll be running out fast.
Rotherham and Blackpool at home should be wins, if we have any kind of ambition to do well.
You have to make allowances for the illness in the camp today though surely.

mmttww

To be fair we’ve created a bit but it’s pub league defending we should have conceded 5 or 6

Sums it up. We should've had 3 or 4. Blackpool should have had a couple more. In the final third we looked more composed than I've seen us for a while. Made a lot of decent chances.

Offhegoes

The illness on the camp played it’s part in today’s result obviously. Rose, Vik and probably Eccles would of started. Robins should of put Vik on earlier when we started to get on top 2nd half. Hamer, O’Hare and Palmer (out of position) decent. Kane’s defending is shocking, although he got forward well. Be interesting to hear who was affected by the illness. Sheaf was well below par.
Wilson got lucky with those run of clean sheets. His distribution is awful,. Should of kept out their equaliser, and is a mistake waiting to happen. Moore back please.

ajsccfc

Blackpool fans would have been absolutely raging if they didn't win with all the chances they had, 2-1 really flattered us. I'm happy nobody shat themselves on the pitch

Brighton Sky Blue

Blackpool fans would have been absolutely raging if they didn't win with all the chances they had, 2-1 really flattered us. I'm happy nobody shat themselves on the pitch

Would be nice for once though to win like that after all the times it happened against us before.

Users who are viewing this thread