Cancel the boycott (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astute

I didn't get to see what he has supposedly said before it was removed. And reading this thread there are two versions. And I don't know for sure which is true. So I am not going to be shouting about him being a racist.

But there is one thing for sure. There is certainly enough doubt for me not to be a part of anything where he is the leading voice. And I will definitely not be alone. He needs to blend into the background and let someone else take over who is whiter than white.

torchomatic

I didn't get to see what he has supposedly said before it was removed. And reading this thread there are two versions. And I don't know for sure which is true. So I am not going to be shouting about him being a racist.

But there is one thing for sure. There is certainly enough doubt for me not to be a part of anything where he is the leading voice. And I will definitely not be alone. He needs to blend into the background and let someone else take over who is whiter than white.

Believe me. The groups he followed and the tweets he retweeted were DEFINITELY racist. I saw them. I should have taken a screen shot.

skybluetony176

I would post some of his stuff on here but Nick (correctly) doesn't want it on the forum.

Call me old fashioned but I would just rather those "who take a stand against the owners" didn't accuse all muslims of being peodophiles .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're allowed to say"those" that's plural, who take a stand against the owners accuse all muslims of being paedophiles. So you've just labeled "those who take a stand against the owners". I'm one of those whose and I can assure you I have never accused all Muslims of being paedophiles ever. Questioned loads of people who have though.

Sounds like you need take a page or two out of your own holier than holy book. I'm surprised you don't get on with Steve. Sounds like you're cut from the same cloth.

Last edited:

clint van damme

So you're allowed to say"those" that's plural, who take a stand against the owners didn't accuse all muslims of being paedophiles. So you've just labeled "those who take a stand against the owners". I'm one of those whose and I can assure you I have never accused all Muslims of being paedophiles ever. Questioned loads of people who have though.

Sounds like you need take a page or two out of your own holier than holier than book. I'm surprised you don't get on with Steve. Sounds like you're cut from the same cloth.

forget about he rights and wrongs for a minute, and for what it's worth I really don't agree with you, think about the PR. We're talking a bout a campaign that is in the national media FFS. Think of the damage this could do.

I'm not going to post on this thread anymore because I don't want to keep bumping it, it doesn't reflect well on the campaign and it doesn't reflect well on Steve, (someone I've never met by the way), and even though I find his cosying up to right wing groups abhorrent I don't want to see someone with the clubs best interest at heart and who's put a lot of work in getting hung out to dry on the internet but I just wish people would wake up to how harmful this could be to the campaign and stop trying to excuse it and making out it's no big deal, from a moral perspective, and from a PR perspective.

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

I may be white but as a man with an English accent from a Northern Irish protestant family whose spent lots of time in Northern Ireland since a child

Are you really or was that an example you were using?

If real, me too. I actually like you a little but now if it's true :)

skybluetony176

forget about he rights and wrongs for a minute, and for what it's worth I really don't agree with you, think about the PR. We're talking a bout a campaign that is in the national media FFS. Think of the damage this could do.

I'm not going to post on this thread anymore because I don't want to keep bumping it, it doesn't reflect well on the campaign and it doesn't reflect well on Steve, (someone I've never met by the way), and even though I find his cosying up to right wing groups abhorrent I don't want to see someone with the clubs best interest at heart and who's put a lot of work in getting hung out to dry on the internet but I just wish people would wake up to how harmful this could be to the campaign and stop trying to excuse it and making out it's no big deal, from a moral perspective, and from a PR perspective.

So do you think that the national media will report this as an EDL rally or CCFC fans protesting against the ownership of their club?

torchomatic

So do you think that the national media will report this as an EDL rally or CCFC fans protesting against the ownership of their club?

No one will think it is an EDL march - nice swerving though - but some may think it is a CCFC fan protest led by a racist. Doesn't look good, does it?

torchomatic

Bloody hell Tony, how, after 100's of posts about the subject can you honestly think that's what people's concerns are about?

He wants to excuse and ignore what Steve has done without actually saying it which is why he is using phrases like "witch hunt" and "ring leaders".

covcity4life

Oh you mean like the lady in her 80s who said I can't walk far is it ok if I join the march at Tesco lights she's been going since she was a young girl and she's asking me if its alright. Then there are disabled and other older fans who are unsteady on their feet over a distance who the trust are arranging to pick up like they have in the other marches. But you,you have to put one of your stupid posts on here what were you doing laughing to yourself whilst posting it.

its great that they cater for less abled. but dont be naive. they could pick them up from anywher ebut no they decide to choose a pub, can see drunk chavs joining in from cherry tree alongside those in need

martcov

Well let's just see how this pans out. No-one, except yourself, sees this as anything other than a CCFC protest. The problem is not the protest. It is not the content of the protest. It is that the leader of the protest has unwittingly outed himself by his tweets and retweets as a racist and a muslim hater. This makes people who may take part uncomfortable and could be used to discredit the protest by our opponents, or to discredit the aims of the protest - one of which is to get fit and proper owners and/ or some control of the club by the fans. Is Steve, or his fan groups behind him, a fit and proper alternative? I think he is not, and that casts doubt on the rest of his groups ( rightly or IMO wrongly ). Can you not see this?

skybluetony176

No one will think it is an EDL march - nice swerving though - but some may think it is a CCFC fan protest led by a racist. Doesn't look good, does it?

I see it as a CCFC fan protest led by a CCFC fan myself. Doesn't look bad does it?

I guess it will be whatever you want it to be. You seem to be struggling with the concept that someone can be a CCFC fan and a racist. Probably explains why you're doing your best to blur the lines. The two aren't connected unless you want it to be. Which you clearly do.

Like I said. If he turns up in a white sheet handing out EDL leaflets I'll be the first to pull him up. Wouldn't be the first time I've pulled up a fellow CCFC fan on racist behaviour, although thankfully not in many a year and then on only a couple of occasions, for shouting derogatory terms at black players on the opposition team. They didn't represent my views then on race anymore than Steve does now. The two are only connected if you want them to be.

torchomatic

I see it as a CCFC fan protest led by a CCFC fan myself. Doesn't look bad does it?

I guess it will be whatever you want it to be. You seem to be struggling with the concept that someone can be a CCFC fan and a racist. Probably explains why you're doing your best to blur the lines. The two aren't connected unless you want it to be. Which you clearly do.

Like I said. If he turns up in a white sheet handing out EDL leaflets I'll be the first to pull him up. Wouldn't be the first time I've pulled up a fellow CCFC fan on racist behaviour, although thankfully not in many a year and then on only a couple of occasions, for shouting derogatory terms at black players on the opposition team. They didn't represent my views then on race anymore than Steve does now. The two are only connected if you want them to be.

Fine. Have it your way. I give up.

torchomatic

Well there's a first time for everything!

I get it now. Just looked through a tweet archive and you're his mate. Loyalty is an admirable quality.

theferret

its great that they cater for less abled. but dont be naive. they could pick them up from anywher ebut no they decide to choose a pub, can see drunk chavs joining in from cherry tree alongside those in need

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I've had the odd drink in there, just seems like a social club where football fans meet to have a pint before the game. Not sure where the drunk chav thing comes from.

Last week, City fans left a pub, to meet up with Charlton fans who had left a pub - and no drunkeness whatsoever - all very civil. Not altogether sure what your point is.

shmmeee

People keep saying he should step down, but didn't he step down recently? I could be wrong.

How many publicly accessible places with room for people to wait comfortably do you know that aren't a pub?

Grendel

covcity4life

People keep saying he should step down, but didn't he step down recently? I could be wrong.

How many publicly accessible places with room for people to wait comfortably do you know that aren't a pub?

sure ther eis a community centre or 2 in cov?

just think there will be undesirables joinging from cherry tree, no doubt real fans will be there too mind

shmmeee

just think there will be undesirables joinging from cherry tree, no doubt real fans will be there too mind

So, none then. Community centres aren't just sat around waiting for people, you have to book them out.

Nick

Administrator

Pretty sure if the intention was to get undesirables to join there would be better ways...

Nick

Administrator
errrrrrr organiser could have booked this???? or he too busy sending racist tweets?

While I don't agree with the racist stuff, you are also chatting shit here.

Why would they book out a community centre? I am pretty sure they would be happy enough going into the warm for a drink before the march.

GaryPendrysEyes

The issues are connected because he is the Chair of the umbrella protest group; a group which will have a wide group of races and religions. He isnt a fit person for that role.
I think its clear he will stand down, he needs to do it quickly and clearly (today), then things can move on without distractions.

Nick

Administrator
so we agree nick. the march is for the alcohol reliant

You do realise that pubs and clubs sell soft drinks too, and hot drinks like tea and coffee right?

I am all for pointing out the floors of a match or boycott, but stopping off to pick people up who can't walk very far isn't really one of them.

letsallsingtogether

Genius go 2 miles out of your way to pick up people that are unable to walk that far.
There is not one on the route we could instead go down the foleshill road last 3 pubs and a social club to get to the community centre.
Should have thought of that could have picked up a few more Chavs .......
Damn maybe next time.

theferret

errrrrrr organiser could have booked this???? or he too busy sending racist tweets?

You're trying way too hard now.

The Cherry Tree is on the route, and it also a place where city fans park. The fact it is a pub is irrelevant, because as pointed out last week's march started at a pub and was civil and restrained. This conspiratorial stuff is silly.

covcity4life

You do realise that pubs and clubs sell soft drinks too, and hot drinks like tea and coffee right?

yeah yeah chillax. ill give you that one!

still think a march set up by edl wannabe going past pubs is not a good idea but time will tell. hopefully nothing bad happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread